Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

How are those Monk and Lebanese crosses going, J?
They are plugging along lol. We had a few sunny days but back to the rain now and 55f/13c. Here are the more sheltered ones
DSCN6315.JPG

And the outback set
DSCN6316.JPG
DSCN6317.JPG

Picturesque! Though, even early August looks too cold for me. :p

Hope the flowering kicks in hard now that they're showing.

Picturesque! Though, even early August looks too cold for me. :p

Hope the flowering kicks in hard now that they're showing.
This summer has been exceptionally cool and rainy it seems...I don't mind it too much but it's not real canna-friendly:eyebrows:

This summer has been exceptionally cool and rainy it seems...I don't mind it too much but it's not real canna-friendly:eyebrows:

I see growers like you and Trail needing plants that are exceptionally fast, cold resistant, and you-know-what resistant.
Like a very fast indica, maybe part ruderalis, yet open sativa like flowers.
Plus of course want the size and weight to make up for the short season.

Have you tried Real Gorilla Seeds from the UK? They seem bred for northern climates.
Though the UK is still south of Alaska, I guess.

We anchored in this cove through a torrential rain and wind. In the morning as we were leaving there were all these foam balls from a waterfall in the bay
View attachment 1216533
The waterfalls along the way were real active that day
View attachment 1216536
View attachment 1216537
They still have manned lighthouses in Canada. Check out all the solar panels

View attachment 1216539
i am curious on the subject of solar, i am getting into this myself. but just weekend read about hydro power generators. and looking at the pictures you posted here i would think that maybe hydro is the way to go. i ready some people making 300w form a single turbine, all day, 247 365. comparing that with the panels in the picture that are almost vertical, i would think that would be worth exploring!

by the way, dont mean to highjack this thread. great to see your grow in alaska, beautiful spot you got there!

I see growers like you and Trail needing plants that are exceptionally fast, cold resistant, and you-know-what resistant.
Like a very fast indica, maybe part ruderalis, yet open sativa like flowers.
Plus of course want the size and weight to make up for the short season.

Have you tried Real Gorilla Seeds from the UK? They seem bred for northern climates.
Though the UK is still south of Alaska, I guess.
Haven't tried that brand, but my latitude here in the panhandle is maybe similar to northern Scotland. A maritime climate so 'warmer' and wetter than where trail is.

i am curious on the subject of solar, i am getting into this myself. but just weekend read about hydro power generators. and looking at the pictures you posted here i would think that maybe hydro is the way to go. i ready some people making 300w form a single turbine, all day, 247 365. comparing that with the panels in the picture that are almost vertical, i would think that would be worth exploring!

by the way, dont mean to highjack this thread. great to see your grow in alaska, beautiful spot you got there!
Thanks for coming by :toke: Digressions always welcome :smoking:We do have hydro power here at home as well as solar and it does perform about as you say. Our creek is usually running except for some drought times (none of that this year lol) and some periods of freeze up in the winter. Definitely a big deal since fuel prices are always high here.

Back