Not sure were your located, but I would go directly to the breeder when possible. If you go directly to mephisto, the freebies will be their gear, and they've always been more than generous. Coming up on black Friday, they usually have a pretty good sale this time of year. Might do some strain research and get ready... there are many here (I'm one) who have sat up till wild hours of the night to make sure we got the beans we wanted on those sales.

Wish I could bro. Is Greybeardseeds a good seedbank? Someone recommended me it.

also there are many great auto breeders out there, but also a lot of people just trying to cash in on the "new"

look around, see what people are growing, and also pay attention to who your watching. Weed that pleases my 25 year old son doesn't make the cut to a mid 50s stoner. Dinafem, fastbuds... you can also look thru the breeders area here, we have a few small (boutique) breeders out there as well. I'm currently using a male from one of them to work with some mephisto crosses I've made.

Yeah. I've been hearing a lot of people try to downplay autos and whatnot. I'm at the point where I want a faster harvest anyhow and am willing to try them at least once. I'm ready to take the challenge of doing DTW of manual feeding for 12 plants with this strain. Do you think that's possible for the strain I'm interested in, because they do offer a nice deal on the Greybeard site of 18 for $120.

They say flowering time is 75 days from spout. Do autos take the same amount of time to flower as photos?

I personally haven't used them, I've used a couple of the ones that run across in our banner, prior to autos I wasn't popping a lot of beans, I'm on the west coast, and have had good access to some spectacular cuttings.

I personally haven't used them, I've used a couple of the ones that run across in our banner, prior to autos I wasn't popping a lot of beans, I'm on the west coast, and have had good access to some spectacular cuttings.

Yeah. I think the main priority for me this time around is to prioritize phenotype. That will be done if I successfully order from a seedbank that has Mephisto. I don't even know providers like this, but I keep hearing Mephisto is the best wherever I look. Seems like they're doing a lot of things right.

Breeder times are a guesstimate. I feel they're based on an absolute perfect run in small pots. If a strain says 70 days, I usually end up about 80 to 85.

Key to big girls with autos is a smooth first few weeks. If you stress an auto in veg, there is no time to make it up...
Fastest strain I've grown was from mephisto, Sour Crack. Was done around 65 days from popping up.

Yeah. I think the main priority for me this time around is to prioritize phenotype. That will be done if I successfully order from a seedbank that has Mephisto. I don't even know providers like this, but I keep hearing Mephisto is the best wherever I look. Seems like they're doing a lot of things right.
Good enough that I'm breeding them into my own stock. Things happen, and companies can dissapear. There's several I'd like to make sure I keep around.

Breeder times are a guesstimate. I feel they're based on an absolute perfect run in small pots. If a strain says 70 days, I usually end up about 80 to 85.

Key to big girls with autos is a smooth first few weeks. If you stress an auto in veg, there is no time to make it up...
Fastest strain I've grown was from mephisto, Sour Crack. Was done around 65 days from popping up.

So far, I've gotten that I should not top autos because it can pull back growth or something along those lines. I heard it's fine to LST them. I was told that you may lolipop and defoliate, but it's not a must. I wonder if it even plays a negative/positive with them like it does for photos.

I'm going to have to start from germ with my 1000w MH. It will be my first time doing so. I'm definitely nervous about using the full 1000w right off the bat in terms of the possible heat stress. I've been told that I can dim it to 50% for the first few weeks. What I was wondering is if autos take 9-11 weeks to flower like photos do?

Good enough that I'm breeding them into my own stock. Things happen, and companies can dissapear. There's several I'd like to make sure I keep around.

Also, do you have any nutes you would advise to run with autos? I have Masterblend that I ordered, but I don't know if it's good. I also don't know how to dose by weight because all I used prior was Canna Coco A+B.

Dim the light, first couple weeks they're building a root mass. Figure on a 80 day strain, probably 50 will be preflower and flower. Seedling and veg will only make up roughly 30 days.

nutrient choice really depends on where you are located. I run Nectar for the gods. Again, many good choices out there. A lot of the guys here like megacrop or Blue planet. Nothing wrong with canna either. I used GH for years, simple and it worked.

Back