Dim the light, first couple weeks they're building a root mass. Figure on a 80 day strain, probably 50 will be preflower and flower. Seedling and veg will only make up roughly 30 days.

FLOWERING TIME75 days from sprout

That's what the site says. Does that not mean that it starts flowering after the 80 days from sprout?

nutrient choice really depends on where you are located. I run Nectar for the gods. Again, many good choices out there. A lot of the guys here like megacrop or Blue planet. Nothing wrong with canna either. I used GH for years, simple and it worked.

Yeah. Perhaps I should just play it safe and use Canna again because I know how to dose it. Even if it's pricey.

So far, I've gotten that I should not top autos because it can pull back growth or something along those lines. I heard it's fine to LST them. I was told that you may lolipop and defoliate, but it's not a must. I wonder if it even plays a negative/positive with them like it does for photos.

I'm going to have to start from germ with my 1000w MH. It will be my first time doing so. I'm definitely nervous about using the full 1000w right off the bat in terms of the possible heat stress. I've been told that I can dim it to 50% for the first few weeks. What I was wondering is if autos take 9-11 weeks to flower like photos do?
Well that is some bad information right there. I have been topping autos for at least 3 years now and @autobeast has a great thread to teach you all about it https://www.autoflower.org/threads/auto-topping-thread-pushing-the-auto-limits.57281/

The only issue you will have with the HID lamp is if you get too close and burn them up. Hang the light as high as you can to prevent that. then as they get older use the back of the hand method to set the height. If the back of your hand gets hot at the canopy level the light is too close. Do not use plastic cups to cover the seedlings they will get too wet and become susceptible to damping off. Keep temperature ~78°F with 60% RH.

As to the length of day, I have run 24/0, 20/4 and 18/6. 18/6 turns out to be the optimal inputs vs return ratio. Yes, I got a little bit bigger yield with 20/4 but when I calculated the energy used to run the extra hours it was a loser. There was no difference in yield between 24/0 vs 20/4 in my test grows.

You keep asking how long it takes to grow an auto; well that is like asking how long is a rope! It depends on way too many variables. Here is my rule of thumb when I plant autos vs photos (I run photos in the summertime here they handle the heat better.) I plan 90 days for autos and 120 to 150 for photos. I ran Wild Thailand a couple of summers back and they took almost 180 days but they were worth the wait.

I grow 6 plants in a 4x6x8 foot space. I highly recommend Fast Buds Green Crack Autos for a first grow here is a picture of the last time I grew them:

w10f.jpg
harvest1.jpg

Well that is some bad information right there. I have been topping autos for at least 3 years now and @autobeast has a great thread to teach you all about it https://www.autoflower.org/threads/auto-topping-thread-pushing-the-auto-limits.57281/

The only issue you will have with the HID lamp is if you get too close and burn them up. Hang the light as high as you can to prevent that. then as they get older use the back of the hand method to set the height. If the back of your hand gets hot at the canopy level the light is too close. Do not use plastic cups to cover the seedlings they will get too wet and become susceptible to damping off. Keep temperature ~78°F with 60% RH.

As to the length of day, I have run 24/0, 20/4 and 18/6. 18/6 turns out to be the optimal inputs vs return ratio. Yes, I got a little bit bigger yield with 20/4 but when I calculated the energy used to run the extra hours it was a loser. There was no difference in yield between 24/0 vs 20/4 in my test grows.

You keep asking how long it takes to grow an auto; well that is like asking how long is a rope! It depends on way too many variables. Here is my rule of thumb when I plant autos vs photos (I run photos in the summertime here they handle the heat better.) I plan 90 days for autos and 120 to 150 for photos. I ran Wild Thailand a couple of summers back and they took almost 180 days but they were worth the wait.

I grow 6 plants in a 4x6x8 foot space. I highly recommend Fast Buds Green Crack Autos for a first grow here is a picture of the last time I grew them:

View attachment 1125677View attachment 1125678

Amazing looking plants bro. I'll take a look at that thread. Thanks for linking me it. Always good to double, triple check the stuff you hear, because it's clear that there's a lot of misinformation put out by people.

I don't have an HID, I have an HPS. 1x1000w HPS/MH. Just two separate bulbs. MH for veg and HPS for flowering. Great back of the hand method advice for heat. Forgot about it.

I won't be using plastic cups. I only used them before because I started in them with the photos. cups>1G>3G pots. Because I'll be starting the 12 autos in 3 Gallon pots, I need to be careful about overwatering them at first. Initially, I don't think I will have to water the plants for days because the pots are big to start off with. Still, I'll gauge the coco because now I know what it looks like when it's dry after my run with the photos.

Amazing looking plants bro. I'll take a look at that thread. Thanks for linking me it. Always good to double, triple check the stuff you hear, because it's clear that there's a lot of misinformation put out by people.

I don't have an HID, I have an HPS. 1x1000w HPS/MH. Just two separate bulbs. MH for veg and HPS for flowering.

I won't be using plastic cups. I only used them before because I started in them with the photos. cups>1G>3G pots. Because I'll be starting the 12 autos in 3 Gallon pots, I need to be careful about overwatering them at first. Initially, I don't think I will have to water the plants for days because the pots are big to start off with. Still, I'll gauge the coco because now I know what it looks like when it's dry after my run with the photos.
High Pressure Sodium and Metal Halide are both High Intensity Discharge lamps HPS, MH = HID.

I meant not using plastic cups for humidity domes.

I am not always clear when baked:

Baked:
green12a.png

High Pressure Sodium and Metal Halide are both High Intensity Discharge lamps HPS, MH = HID.

I meant not using plastic cups for humidity domes.

I am not always clear when baked:

Baked:
View attachment 1125680

Lol. Legit didn't know about any of that stuff including the terminology. *The more you know*

Is Greybeardseeds a good seedbank? Someone recommended me it. I'm looking at their selection and the 18 for $120 Mephisto brand is really sticking out to me. I linked it. Do you think I can do 12 of those plants in my space?

Lol. Legit didn't know about any of that stuff including the terminology. *The more you know*

Is Greybeardseeds a good seedbank? Someone recommended me it. I'm looking at their selection and the 18 for $120 Mephisto brand is really sticking out to me. I linked it. Do you think I can do 12 of those plants in my space?
I know nothing about Greybeardseeds? If you are in the states I would buy direct from Mephisto. That way you are certain of the strain. You can fit 100 plants in there but will they thrive? There are a couple of ways to look at the yield a space can support. In the industry 500 g per square meter is a good yield. You have 25sqft. or about 2.3 sq. meters so 1125 grams would be most excellent. How many grams does the breeder state per plant? divide that into 1125 and that is how many plants you should grow under ideal conditions. That is 12, IMPO 8 plants would be tops in a space that size and I could fill the space with 6. I do it on a regular basis.

I know nothing about Greybeardseeds? If you are in the states I would buy direct from Mephisto. That way you are certain of the strain. You can fit 100 plants in there but will they thrive? There are a couple of ways to look at the yield a space can support. In the industry 500 g per square meter is a good yield. You have 25sqft. or about 2.3 sq. meters so 1125 grams would be most excellent. How many grams does the breeder state per plant? divide that into 1125 and that is how many plants you should grow under ideal conditions. That is 12, IMPO 8 plants would be tops in a space that size and I could fill the space with 6. I do it on a regular basis.

This is the site? I thought it had been blocked from me. However, they state on there that it's been reopened?

Looks like I can order from there. They mail to any state? I did the math myself as well to confirm what you stated. When you say "tops in a space that size", what do you mean by this? In any case, I get what you're saying in general about fitting plants in a space. Keep in mind that I've never grown autos before. I have no idea how they grow, because all I've worked with are photos that I topped, LST'd, and veg'd for 3 months time. The run took from August-December to complete. Pretty vexing with 3 transplants. That's why I want to try autos in the first place. I want a faster harvest, I want to see what the hype is all about. I'm ready to do it, ordered 100L of Coco, and now essentially all that's left for me are the seeds+nutes to order. The five photos I did prior were set up in an X formation in the tent.

This is the site? I thought it had been blocked from me. However, they state on there that it's been reopened?

Looks like I can order from there. They mail to any state? I did the math myself as well to confirm what you stated. When you say "tops in a space that size", what do you mean by this? In any case, I get what you're saying in general about fitting plants in a space. Keep in mind that I've never grown autos before. I have no idea how they grow, because all I've worked with are photos that I topped, LST'd, and veg'd for 3 months time. The run took from August-December to complete. Pretty vexing with 3 transplants. That's why I want to try autos in the first place. I want a faster harvest, I want to see what the hype is all about. I'm ready to do it, ordered 100L of Coco, and now essentially all that's left for me are the seeds+nutes to order. The five photos I did prior were set up in an X formation in the tent.
I could fill tour tent full to the brim with 6 Fast Buds Green Crack Autos.

The longest I ever vegged photos indoors was 5 weeks and the plants were monsters that I had to supercrop many times to keep out of the lights. It was a jungle impossible to work in. I usually veg photos them for 4 weeks or 14" tall whichever happens first.

Off to Sleep now.......... Good Morfnoevight!

Back