Is this a burn or a deficiency worth addressing?

The nute water going in is around 5.8-5.9. I checked the PPM with my own meter - I'm in WA state. Is the root zone ph detectable by runoff or does that require a non-liquid pH thing?

For the root zone pH I think you should try a slurry test if you don't have a soil pH probe. 1 part distilled/sterile/demineralized water (close to 0 ppm, close to 7.0 pH) to 1 part soil taken from as deep as you can, mix and wait minimum 7 minutes and insert your normal pH meter into that mix and that pH you get would be close to root zone pH.

Last edited:
Your MarsHydro SP-3000 is too close. The manual states that for a seedling 24-30 inches above for germination and 18-24 for veg. I have found these to be minimum distances and have moved mine a few more inches higher. And all above

Last edited:
Your MarsHydro SP-3000 is too close. The manual states that for a seedling 24-30 inches above for germination and 18-24 for veg. I have found these to be minimum distances and have moved mine a few more inches higher. And all above

I actually messaged Tina below and was acting off her information. This is different than the info in the manual. The dimmer is at 40% and I’m at 18 inches right now.

If it's mostly coco, I would treat it like coco as much as possible. I grow organic now, but when I was using nutes and growing in coco, the highest ppm I would use would be 550 max.., and that was in late flower.. I also wasn't feeding (using nutes) with every watering. It's much easier to add more or something if needed, than it is to remove excess if too much of something is added. I would definitely check the ppms of the rum off and try be in the 200 range.. You don't necessarily have to "flush" the medium. You can just use plain water for a few days then recheck the ppms. But either way, 540 is super high for week 2. These are the ppm ranges I use for autos

W1- 100 ppms
2- 200
3- 400
4- 450
5- 500
6- 525
7- 525
8- 525
9- 550
10-550
11-400
12-0

This varies and all depends on what the plant is showing/saying. These are just general ranges to help you avoid nute burn and lock outs.
Hello. May I ask what ppm scale that is? I work with truncheon (not sure if i spelled that correctly?)
Thank you,
EP3

:yeahthat: No one has talked about PH yet and we should. First off that is the best municipal water I have seen at 22 PPM. I would double check the meter and the water. Get a copy of the water quality report from your city, It is usually online. The sections of interest are the Water Hardness and Sanitation.

If it is true at 22 PPM you need to add 75 PPM of Cal-Mag on a regular basis. What is the PH in the root zone and of your starting fertigation.
If it's 22ppm, that is some insanely super badass municipal water!!!!:baked::baked::baked:

PARAMETER & UNITS TOLT SUPPLY
Alkalinity, Total (as CaCO3), ppm..................................................18.3
Calcium, (as CaCO3), ppm..............................................................23.7
Hardness, (as CaCO3), grains/gal. ..................................................1.46
Iron, ppb ...........................................................................................12.0
Manganese, ppb...............................................................................0.667
pH, range (2018, 10-90th percentile)............................................8.1 – 8.5
Potassium, ppm ................................................................................123
Sodium, ppm .................................................................................... .989
Sulfate, ppm......................................................................................1.82
Temperature, 2019 annual range,C˚..............................................3.1– 19.9

Well shit. This report makes it look closer to ~170. However I just went and re-checked with my TDS meter and it said 24. I take it straight from the tap and let it sit uncovered for a day and don't filter otherwise. No idea why there's that much of discrepancy.

Alkalinity, Total (as CaCO3), ppm..................................................18.3
Calcium, (as CaCO3), ppm..............................................................23.7
Hardness, (as CaCO3), grains/gal. ..................................................1.46
Iron, ppb ...........................................................................................12.0
Manganese, ppb...............................................................................0.667
pH, range (2018, 10-90th percentile)............................................8.1 – 8.5
Potassium, ppm ................................................................................123
Sodium, ppm .................................................................................... .989
Sulfate, ppm......................................................................................1.82
Temperature, 2019 annual range,C˚..............................................3.1– 19.9

Well shit. This report makes it look closer to ~170. However I just went and re-checked with my TDS meter and it said 24. I take it straight from the tap and let it sit uncovered for a day and don't filter otherwise. No idea why there's that much of discrepancy.
You do not add those up they are expressed as a part of the "total hardness" and yes you really do have only 24 PPM tap water you lucky lucky grower! That is even better than RO because it has just a little bit of everything. The PH is a little high but that is because the calcium is so low.

:toke:

You do not add those up they are expressed as a part of the "total hardness" and yes you really do have only 24 PPM tap water you lucky lucky grower! That is even better than RO because it has just a little bit of everything. The PH is a little high but that is because the calcium is so low.

:toke:
Thank you for clarifying! I do watch ph and try to keep it under 6. I’ve never seen it over 7 out of the tap, and the nutes almost always get it to where it needs to be for the plants.

Thank you for clarifying! I do watch ph and try to keep it under 6. I’ve never seen it over 7 out of the tap, and the nutes almost always get it to where it needs to be for the plants.
Like I said LUCKY you :greenthumb:

HOLY CRAP! That's crazy and lucky!

Back