Light burnt seedlings

Figured I'd give another update on the plants. I lost one due to a fan clip breaking and falling in the plant.

Attachments

• IMG_20230116_155212588.jpg
    IMG_20230116_155212588.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 30
Seems I'm running into some issues again 3-4 weeks into flower.

I'm feeding 1.2-14 EC of Sensi coco a+b and big bud every resivoir, along with Sensizym and bud candy and calimagic thrown in every once in a while.

It looks like they're underfed, but I'm getting burnt leave tips. The bud growth has been almost non existent for about two weeks. The mango smile looks ok, but again, bud growth has come to a complete stop.

My RH usually starts between 40-50%.

temps were running at around 75°f during the day, 67-68 at night. I read that with LED ambient temps are better at 82°f to increase leaf surface temperature, so I did my best to increase the temp to 78-79 during the day. That was about 3 days ago.

I've tested runoff ph and PPM and nothing seemed off. 700ppm runoff and 6.3ph. I adjust my resivoir PH in autopots to about 5.7 and it usually drifts to 5.8-9 once it reaches the plants.

The Dutch passion auto blue mazar smell like straight grass and unpleasant. The mango smile smells good, but faint.

What could I be doing wrong to have such poor growth?

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm on 18/6 light schedule. My ppfd ranges from 580-680 across different parts of my canopy, according to an app called photone.

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_045402289.jpg
    IMG_20230202_045402289.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230202_045407581.jpg
    IMG_20230202_045407581.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230202_045410281.jpg
    IMG_20230202_045410281.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230202_045412183.jpg
    IMG_20230202_045412183.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Seems I'm running into some issues again 3-4 weeks into flower.

I'm feeding 1.2-14 EC of Sensi coco a+b and big bud every resivoir, along with Sensizym and bud candy and calimagic thrown in every once in a while.

It looks like they're underfed, but I'm getting burnt leave tips. The bud growth has been almost non existent for about two weeks. The mango smile looks ok, but again, bud growth has come to a complete stop.

My RH usually starts between 40-50%.

temps were running at around 75°f during the day, 67-68 at night. I read that with LED ambient temps are better at 82°f to increase leaf surface temperature, so I did my best to increase the temp to 78-79 during the day. That was about 3 days ago.

I've tested runoff ph and PPM and nothing seemed off. 700ppm runoff and 6.3ph. I adjust my resivoir PH in autopots to about 5.7 and it usually drifts to 5.8-9 once it reaches the plants.

The Dutch passion auto blue mazar smell like straight grass and unpleasant. The mango smile smells good, but faint.

What could I be doing wrong to have such poor growth?

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm on 18/6 light schedule. My ppfd ranges from 580-680 across different parts of my canopy, according to an app called photone.
I wouldnt worry about smaller brown tips too much. As far as smell each strain reall starts developing its own unique scent later in flower. Your plants are still pretty young. That grass smell is just chlorophyll and normal foliage smell.

From what I understand most strains dont start developing a heavy terpene profile till later on in flower. My auto didnt really smell like anything till it stopped growing and started stacking up buds heavily. 2 of my photo period plants have less than a month left and I just started getting strong whiffs of candy and fuel. While my other photo has smelled faintly of watermelon as soon as it really started to bud out. A little further than your plants right now.

As far as feeding and stuff I cant help ya there but your plants look pretty good in my opinion. From your pictures the damage is very minimal, but definitely worth looking into. Probably just a slight imbalance somewhere.

If you're worried that these spots will effect flowering it probably wont, my plants looked a hell of a lot worse and they are still producing nice dense stinky sticky buds. Those auto mazars from what I read are pretty slow flowering plants like 90-100+ days from journals on other sites Ive seen so you got a long time to go and they will probably produce well. Im guessing your mango smile is starting to smell better because its probably got a shorter lifespan. Not sure on the deets of that and my internet is kind of spotty today. Give that blue mazar a month or so and I bet it will stink really good. Also its not really recommended but if you wash and dry your hands well and touch a bud, the oils may smell different that smelling the buds directly.

Last edited:
I wouldnt worry about smaller brown tips too much. As far as smell each strain reall starts developing its own unique scent later in flower. Your plants are still pretty young. That grass smell is just chlorophyll and normal foliage smell.

From what I understand most strains dont start developing a heavy terpene profile till later on in flower. My auto didnt really smell like anything till it stopped growing and started stacking up buds heavily. 2 of my photo period plants have less than a month left and I just started getting strong whiffs of candy and fuel. While my other photo has smelled faintly of watermelon as soon as it really started to bud out. A little further than your plants right now.

As far as feeding and stuff I cant help ya there but your plants look pretty good in my opinion. From your pictures the damage is very minimal, but definitely worth looking into. Probably just a slight imbalance somewhere.

If you're worried that these spots will effect flowering it probably wont, my plants looked a hell of a lot worse and they are still producing nice dense stinky sticky buds. Those auto mazars from what I read are pretty slow flowering plants like 90-100+ days from journals on other sites Ive seen so you got a long time to go and they will probably produce well. Im guessing your mango smile is starting to smell better because its probably got a shorter lifespan. Not sure on the deets of that and my internet is kind of spotty today. Give that blue mazar a month or so and I bet it will stink really good. Also its not really recommended but if you wash and dry your hands well and touch a bud, the oils may smell different that smelling the buds directly.
Thank you for the reply. I ended up figuring out the issue, and it was calcium. I never thought it would be, considering I occasionally supplementing calcium, along with using a nutrient line designed for coco.

My (photo) plants have always reeked from about 3-4 weeks into veg. My first autoflower grow stunk, until shortly after I switched to LEDs.

I should reiterate from my first post. This isn't my first grow, this is my first grow with LEDs. I've always used HPS, and this is my second grow with autoflowers. I sometimes have troubles articulating while using using a phone to communicate. It just never clicked with me.

I started supplementing with calcium every watering, and the yellowing stopped. I'm dumping so much in the feeding, it blows my mind. It seems to be working, so I'll continue.

I'm going to include my first autoflower grow, which was about 60/40 HPS/led. These plants ended up ok. Decent yield, but but much for taste/smell.

The first picture is of a plant that a moved to a 4x4 separate tent, because it got to big for my 5x5 with the other plants. It's right before I tied it back up to support it. I think that was at week 5, maybe just getting to 6 of flower. 2nd picture is the same week of a different plant. 3rd is from a bud I particularly liked from one of the two. It wasn't the biggest of the buds, it's just the only picture I have, because I liked it the most.

I'm only showing this, because, the only change has been the LED light. I thought the change mid-flower was what caused the grow to go downhill, but now I'm experiencing problems I've never had in the past. I'm not blaming the LED light itself, just my lack of experience with it.

Hopefully, with this next round, I'll solve my issues.

Again, thank you for the time you took to respond to my post.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_205712990.jpg
    IMG_20221223_205712990.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20221228_202347222.jpg
    IMG_20221228_202347222.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230115_231929653.jpg
    IMG_20230115_231929653.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
I probably shouldn't be posting this, but I just can't help myself. I recently disconnected my (electric) dryer exhaust to add humidity to our house. I put a sock over the exhaust to catch any lint that may come from it. I took this during laundry day. I think my wife is going to file for divorce.

Attachments

• IMG_20221224_155158051.jpg
    IMG_20221224_155158051.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20221224_155151407.jpg
    IMG_20221224_155151407.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Back