Light burnt seedlings

Nope....that was Blue only on the .08EC.......I'm a lazy old fart.....I strive for a RONCO system...set it and forget it....haven't even pH'd my water in 2 grows.

Nope....that was Blue only on the .08EC.......I'm a lazy old fart.....I strive for a RONCO system...set it and forget it....haven't even pH'd my water in 2 grows.
It's more important to be a bit more hands on with coco, getting the PH right and EC right! You're a soil grower like me right?

It's more important to be a bit more hands on with coco, getting the PH right and EC right! You're a soil grower like me right?
Yup, Happy Frog but I'm the nutter experimenting with off the shelf Osmocote...put my MegaCrop on the shelf for now. Just been going straight from the tap to the res with plain water.

That's embarrassing. I don't use forums very often. I honestly thought I was talking to one person until the pictures showed up. Haha
No worries, we talk over in LS too if you wanna chat any time. Basically a bunch of us get our coffee's or whatever and start our days on AFN.

Looking okay to me .. just a little small and behind schedule!
I'm not seeing light burn .. thay typically bleaches the buds when they're too close.

Is your pot on a cold floor? - everything else in the description looks good - I'm not sure where 200ppm puts you, but i would feed coco with a minimum EC of 0.8 - (some people disagree with me ... and i don't use coco anymore, but had success in the past)

It's usually temps that slow them down . (could be rootzone temps and not air temps)

Hope this helps
Blue ^_^
:d5:
Showoff... :rofl:
:yeahthat::bow:

@Loner I think your looking fine but could probably start pushing them harder by raising the ppm like blue said... I start at 200 ppm (hanna500scale) once first true leaves get 1" long start bumping 50ppm a day over the course of a week this last run I was behind schedule raising the ppm and I think the plants are moving slow BUT that also could be the colder temps I have had

Also IF you do use the auto pots with coco something that was recommended to me is a weekly top feeding to remove any salt build ups... I was not a fan of autopots and coco BUT a lot of peeps here love them :shrug:

I got a new light recently and burned the hell out of my seedlings. They did mostly survive and come out of it. You can see the burn on the 2nd page and how they recovered throughout the grow. Stunted some of them permanently and some of them came out of it just fine

I've followed your advice regarding the . 08 ec feeding, and I wanted to give an update. Here are some pictures taken last night.

Thank you!

Edit: I think I was severely under watering for a 50/50 mix. The largest of the four received an entire gallon. The rest received 1 liter, 2, 3. I'm adding this in case any other newbies come across this post. Don't treat coco like soil. Don't be afraid to add extra water/nutrients. I'm now adding about 1 liter/day per plant, split between 4 watering with run off, and they're doing great.

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_203342186_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_203342186_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20221206_203339363_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_203339363_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20221206_203335132_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_203335132_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221206_203332699_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_203332699_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Glad you got em figured out:d5:
Thank you. I just want to say that my first attempt at posting online was downright horrendous. It was on a site called Reddit. While there were a few great people there, most were just angry for reasons unknown to me. I really like this site, and the community seems top notch. Thanks everyone.

Back