Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

Would it run just as cool if you put resistor inline and run a silent fan on top and used a regular heatsink?

It's 240W so the heatsink needs to be big in order to dissipate the heat effectively. The cooler a COB is the more efficient it is (up to a point), and the bigger the heatsink is the cooler the COB will be (up to a point). My heatsinks also have a convection current cooled core. There's water in the core, encased in the aluminum cylinder. The water vapor carries heat up to the top of the heatsink, then releases it, condenses and drops back down. Like a lava lamp. This helps distribute the heat evenly throughout the heatsink, so the fins can dissipate it more effectively. Compared to the heatsinks I tested that were purely aluminum it runs about 15F cooler at 240W.

-Keith

What is the weight of 1 ?

What type cob is used?
he's said he won't tell right now which one, or would be taking money out of his own pocket.Needs get out front with this first..He said one day he'll say what cob it is..:bong:

I'm waiting another month or two before I put out the exact model of the chip, this is a tough industry and I want to get a running start. My specs are 100% on point, you could actually use them to figure out what COB I'm using.

Last edited:
My sis is an artist (maybe if ya have any ideas I can have her draft something up) she couldn't help with graphics part but she is an awesome artist,maybe once something was drawn up that can then be transferred to a graphic..just a thought bro!
Awesome, thanks man! I was thinking about a real cannon on the deck of a pirate ship, pointing straight up with a mound of dirt and a plant growing in the top. Or just a gnarly-ass looking pirate with The Cannon slung over his shoulder, or pointed from the hip at a bunch of Dutch Navy Officers. Or a pirate ship with a bunch of my Cannons pointing out the sides instead of regular cannons... Lol she's the artist, if she's inspired and wants to draw something up that would be super fucking cool, I'll definitely post it.

-Keith

Awesome, thanks man! I was thinking about a real cannon on the deck of a pirate ship, pointing straight up with a mound of dirt and a plant growing in the top. Or just a gnarly-ass looking pirate with The Cannon slung over his shoulder, or pointed from the hip at a bunch of Dutch Navy Officers. Or a pirate ship with a bunch of my Cannons pointing out the sides instead of regular cannons... Lol she's the artist, if she's inspired and wants to draw something up that would be super fucking cool, I'll definitely post it.

-Keith
you got it Brother! I will have her work on something, she's pretty good at what she does now I know what ya have in mind I can pass that onto her.. :thumbsup::bong:

-Keith
I had a few ideas come up in my head once ya mentioned that.. so I will send her a message in a bit ...I was thinking along lines of what you said but maybe the cannon will be firing off such a bright light blinding the sailors in other ship ;) or something like that... I'm sure something really cool can be done..

BTW everyone, The Cannon is on sale now for Black Friday for $299 each! That's 240 Watts, at 2.0umol/J, with an operating heatsink temperature of ~120F, for $1.25 per watt! The sale price is available until 1159pm on Sunday at BlackSailMarket.com:smoking:

Would it run just as cool if you put resistor inline and run a silent fan on top and used a regular heatsink?
I honestly don't know, I never tried it. I really wanted this light to be passively cooled, I'm kind of a purist like that but if active cooling makes financial sense I'll be doing it as an option on fixtures down the line. Once I have a better R&D budget I'll be playing around with stuff like that all day, looking for ways to do things cheaper without sacrificing quality.

-Keith

One of the things I like is it don't need a fan to cool, I think yeah costs could be maybe cut slightly by using fan option & smaller heat sink but then more chance of part failure if the fan happened to stop working etc..But I'm sure if people willing to give up one for other they should also expect a slightly different warranty this Cannon built to last...I'm sure you can always make more budget friendly ones as well but they Won't be getting this bad bitch! :)

Back