Indoor ICU#2 And ALF#3

See the one on the left with the leaf twist? Ill have to dig up pics but the girl im about to finish looked just like that :thumbs:

111.jpg

There looking good and watching your alf should be interesting. They were a treat:dancer:

i also have to agree with thai on the shots, nice and clean and clear.:clap:

definetly, if ever a camera did justice.. thats it! :)

Good evening everyone. I am finally not getting DB errors.. So maybe I can get some pics up. The males have been in the fridge for a few days now. It's a good space to collect pollen, totaly cut off from the rest of the house. I also have a light on all the time. So the males get a bit stressed going from 20/4 to 24/0. This is how i find my pure males. Found some hermies from both the ICU and ALF..

The biggest best ICU started growing hairs. I kept some pollen anyways but he got chopped. WIZ, he had a VERY hollow stem, he was like a peice of straw. Very very stinky.

I'll talk more as i add the pics..

Here is a sort of shot of the fridge, and my KISS pollen collection. I just cut a slit in some printer paper, and fold it into a box. Works every time. This is the ICU male that grew hairs. Should i use him?!
165.jpg

Ilabeled this pic ALF but it is the big ICU hermi male. see the hairs there?
166.jpg

167.jpg

Here is one fo 2 ALF males that grew hairs. I kept this one, i want some pollen from "it" Pardon the french, but it fuckign stinks.. My god wtf is wrong with it? ahaha sour smell to the max. I just want to roll it up! That and it's a strong color pheno. The other ALF the herm'd was the other color pheno, which had zero stink. So he is now resting in the compo bin.
168.jpg

The other ALF male with that didn't show as much color and didn't "stink"
169.jpg

Here is the reason i came out. This is the ONLY other ICU male i have.. Thank buddah it's pure so far. He stinks as well. FD!!!, he is the last of ALL the males to develope. Soo, since he is the only "pure" icu male i have i have to use him over the sheman. So we get to se if late selection helps breed for more potent offspring.
170.jpg

Not only is he bigger than the JEM dom female phenos (so i think more WR in him), but check that color out. I think i just got lucky with him.
171.jpg

Last edited:
See the one on the left with the leaf twist? Ill have to dig up pics but the girl im about to finish looked just like that :thumbs:

There looking good and watching your alf should be interesting. They were a treat:dancer:

i also have to agree with thai on the shots, nice and clean and clear.:clap:

Yeah?
If they end up looking half what yours do, i will be happy. I got a load of females to choose from, i've never had such good m/f ratios.

Bailer...certain breeders have certain specialities...
I'm quite Colour Lucky..
You...I Think are going to be Curiosities..the Unusual.

I have this feeling in me water...:pimp:
amended water..me and the plants..

Anyway...don't breed any hermies with your straight crosses.
I have very Interesting homework to set up on the hermie..
But..I have other things to do first.
And..it will make your crosses that much harder to understand.

So the males get a bit stressed going from 20/4 to 24/0. This is how i find my pure males. Found some hermies from both the ICU and ALF..
Excellent Tip.
I have explained about Dropping the light hours to under 10 to get a hermie..
But..I haven't explained this one out yet.
I hit it when I took my girls from Low/natural light and put them under 20/4 lights.

On the hermie..the very First time I saw one..and didn't recognise it was on the First Original LowRyders I got.
IF it is inherent in LR#1..and you think that a huge majority of current crosses available..
I Think we can't avoid it..we just need plants with a low trigger point for it.
As I say..homework for a later date.

WIZ, he had a VERY hollow stem, he was like a peice of straw. Very very stinky

This what FullD and I have been discussing.
I Think the more hollow the stalk..the more Indy dominant the cross..
the more Indy..the more Stink...
That is why the maj bot says the hollows are the strongest..
Ongoing experiments.

I'm gonna do the next stage on the ALF..by degrees of hollow stem only.
Hyb them out and see if I am right.

my KISS pollen collection. I just cut a slit in some printer paper, and fold it into a box. Works every time.
connical Coffee filter works the same.

My god wtf is wrong with it? ahaha sour smell to the max.
Skunky..tangy durty afghan smell...?

Ilabeled this pic ALF but it is the big ICU hermi male. see the hairs there?
FullD is gonna love you for those photos for his collection.

Should we add them to the freakie section..if we have Good hermie photos people will know what to watch out for.....:thumbs:

Here is one fo 2 ALF males that grew hairs. I kept this one, i want some pollen from "it" Pardon the french, but it fuckign stinks..
EXTREME EXPERIMENT...
could you try pollenating the Pistils on this one..with the pollen that you took from the lady/boy one you took down.....?

Or would that be impractical for you...
because you would have to keep it in FULL isolation until seed developed

So we get to se if late selection helps breed for more potent offspring
I have Theories on this as well..we need to brain-storm with FullD when time allows.

I got a load of females to choose from, i've never had such good m/f ratios.
Nitrogen high starter soil....for Ladies....:dancer:

Wiz i bet this one is making you hungry.
biggrin.png
ICU as well
No m8..the hunger started about 3 photos up at the double potted ones...

Balance is Beautiful.....instant hunger pangs.....:thumbs:

Last edited:
Wow! This thread is amazing!! Just found it..quite a read!! All of you have contributed some GREAT info!

[I especially like 2.. one on how to find the "true males"...<wicked bailer!<< I'm gonna do it from now on!...and two, I must haved missed this vinegar thing, (white/cedar) somewhere on the other site, but can someone give me a summary or run down on the whole vinegar thing....<i'm so behind....I need to get caught up....]

Because it seems to have really boosted growth of your babies....and I know if you got this info from FD...it's nothing but blessings for your plants!! He knows his shit!!

I really like the idea of phasing out buying canna assoc. high priced shit....<anything to keep pussyholes out of ya bizz..

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN K.I.S.S.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah?
If they end up looking half what yours do, i will be happy. I got a load of females to choose from, i've never had such good m/f ratios.

Yep sure thing. and if the traits are dom i am sure you will

Here she is at 2 weeks and then at 3. Same leaf twist and all.

185.jpg

186.jpg

Think we can't avoid it..we just need plants with a low trigger point for it.

It's pretty common in alot of stuff :( All I can do is try to get them to show, and not use them.

connical Coffee filter works the same.

Maybe almost better, I can get a coffe fiter to stay on, under the main crown. Thanks for the tip. Some time the obvious isn't so ovbious.

Skunky..tangy durty afghan smell...?
Not much skunk actually. Tang for sure, sour sort of smell. When you brush him the room fills. Even females don't stink THIS much... very often. Sucks that he grew hairs.

EXTREME EXPERIMENT...
could you try pollenating the Pistils on this one..with the pollen that you took from the lady/boy one you took down.....?

I sure can, they are still unfertalizes pistils. So i'll drop some on him.

No m8..the hunger started about 3 photos up at the double potted ones...

They have started to stretch a bit now, but they seem to catch my eye as well. So indy dom. The fingers on the leaves over lap soo much.

Back