Indoor Iconoclastic plastic fantastic perpetual Shallow Water Culture

I decided to do a very comprehensive defoliation which I have not done for a while as she was looking like turning a bit unwieldy so I thought I'd see what happens if I go in very severe. Not 4 weeks old yet.

Before pg21 - 1 (1).jpeg... Afterpg21 - 3.jpeg... 24hrs laterpg21 - 5.jpeg

Attachments

• pg21 - 1.jpeg
    pg21 - 1.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 18
  • pg21 - 2.jpeg
    pg21 - 2.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 19
  • pg21 - 4.jpeg
    pg21 - 4.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 17
QUOTE="Trichome farmer, post: 2554692, member: 29682"]
took that defoliation in her stride
[/QUOTE]

Even more so now. the first four shots below is pretty well what's been happing the past four weeks. It's not for the faint hearted but I don't have a choice really due to the need to control the humidity.

Four weeks have past, Purple Gorilla had virtually continuous defoliation and plenty of pruning, she took a long time setting flowers as was expected but she is beginning to bulk up.

gorillap3 - 14.jpeg

Attachments

• gorillap3 - 1.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 1.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 16
  • gorillap3 - 2.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 2.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 16
  • gorillap3 - 3.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 3.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 16
  • gorillap3 - 4.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 4.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 14
  • gorillap3 - 5.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 5.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 14
  • gorillap3 - 6.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 6.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 18
  • gorillap3 - 7.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 7.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 15
  • gorillap3 - 8.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 8.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 20
  • gorillap3 - 9.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 9.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 15
  • gorillap3 - 10.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 10.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 18
  • gorillap3 - 11.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 11.jpeg
    477.4 KB · Views: 16
  • gorillap3 - 12.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 12.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 17
  • gorillap3 - 13.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 13.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 19
  • gorillap3 - 15.jpeg
    gorillap3 - 15.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 16
I have moved the lights around a bit, I now have a redder light on the new eazyplug. I have a new eazyplug pyramid to try out newbean - 6.jpeg plus for my next hydro I have put it in the smaller 2"to grow some roots before I bury it in the new Shallow Water Culture in a couple of weeks, to see if that makes any difference in root structure.

newbean - 5.jpeg

Attachments

• newbean - 1.jpeg
    newbean - 1.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 14
  • newbean - 2.jpeg
    newbean - 2.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 13
  • newbean - 3.jpeg
    newbean - 3.jpeg
    577.8 KB · Views: 15
  • newbean - 4.jpeg
    newbean - 4.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 13
RIP Blackberry Kush
Bit of an update on how I'm using the new eazyplug sizes. First off my Blackberry Kush small cube - 1 (1).jpeg which was 6 days old has a look that I've seen once before, which I put down to old seeds but whatever it is I recognise that this is not going to be a good plant, many people will think this looks fine but I know what's coming. So I pulled her out and cleaned out the plughole and soaked the pyramid in some h2o2 overnight mainly because there was a bit of mould on the Pyramid but it also can't hurt, and this time I put the plug in the moment I knew the bean was going to germ.small cube - 2.jpegsmall cube - 4.jpegsmall cube - 2.jpegsmall cube - 5.jpeg This is a freebie Banana Kush that I have never grown before, the first two leaves look weirdly chopped off but I don't mind that, and they have a nice reddish colour.

The eazyplug fits nice and tight into the Pyramid mini. But it's a little loose in the 2" block. Normally I would put the eazyplug straight into it's big hydro pot when it looks like this small cube - 1.jpeg however my next big plant is going to be another Brooklyn Sunrise and as an experiment I am growing it in the 2" block with the idea that it will form many more root ends instead of diving deep into the clay balls. Not only that but after one week it's growing at the same rate that it would do in the big tub so this is not slowing it down even though roots keep poking out and dying.small cube - 7.jpegsmall cube - 6.jpeg She's 6 days old and I'll let her continue like this for the time being, I mean why not.

Because the plug is not so tight in the block I did pack a bit of more crumbs in after the fact but I am wary of damaging the fine roots, so next time I do this I will set the eazyplug into the 2" block before I germinate and pack the hole properly so it's not loose. small cube - 3.jpeg At the moment I'm going to probably go another week before planting in the tub she's sitting on.

These eazyplugs are wonderful to work with and I cannot understand why anyone would want to use the paper towel method when this is obviously a superior way to start off any bean for soil, hydro or coco, because you put the bean in dry and when she sprouts none of that delicate fuzz will get damaged plus there's a nice stable base to give her a good start.

Purple Gorilla 10W
various - 2.jpeg

various - 1 (1).jpeg

Purple Gorilla is bulking up nicely although not with the stacked calyxes of my first PG. various - 1.jpegvarious - 3.jpeg

Brooklyn Sunrise that began in a 2.5 inch easy plug cube has been bent over rather than topped.various - 9.jpeg

Banana Kush in the mimi pyramid various - 4.jpeg

Purple Haze is still surprising me in her tiny pyramid.various - 5.jpeg

I have a new bean underway that I'm going to try and grow in a 2.5 inch eazyplug! Just for the hell of it.

Attachments

• various - 6.jpeg
    various - 6.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 17
  • various - 7.jpeg
    various - 7.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 15
  • various - 8.jpeg
    various - 8.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
howdy y'all. Small update. Banana Kush in the small pyramid has been trashedvarious - 1 (3).jpeg. Every seed from seedsman batch with Lemon and/or Banana Kush either did not germinate or just grew like it was half dead other seeds from them have been normal. I now have a new Fast Buds Lemon Pie in a new mini pyramid. I'll post about that in the eazyplug pyramid test thread.

The Brooklyn Sunrisevarious - 1 (2).jpeg is coming along well, that is the one that is inside a 2.5" eazyplug cube. And the Purple Haze in the one litre mini pyramid, it looking very pretty.various - 8 (1).jpeg

Oh yeah, found some bud rot on the main cola of the Purple Gorilla, took that off and trashed it, opened the plant out a bit, seems like that was all but I'll keep a close eye on her, really need another week and a half at least. She's looking a bit ratty,various - 10.jpeg but I have a new volcano to take care of that ;¬)

Otherwise that is all to report.

various - 9 (1).jpeg

Attachments

• various - 3 (1).jpeg
    various - 3 (1).jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 15
  • various - 4 (1).jpeg
    various - 4 (1).jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 18
  • various - 5 (1).jpeg
    various - 5 (1).jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 13
  • various - 6 (1).jpeg
    various - 6 (1).jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 14
  • various - 7 (1).jpeg
    various - 7 (1).jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 16
Down she comes
Decided to take down the largest colas as they are right on the edge of developing problems, a couple of small bud rot sites I got to early. Otherwise the rest seems fine with more airflow.various15 - 9.jpeg I'll see if I can keep her going another week.various15 - 8.jpeg

Brooklyn Sunrise is developing well, not sure if that is down to extra plug.various15 - 1.jpeg

Pyramid is almost donevarious15 - 3.jpeg and a new Lemon Pie Pyramid will replace her.various15 - 6.jpeg Definitely this pyramid adds another layer of enjoyment. I could never grow a plant with the same structure which I've always wanted to do. Not what I intended to begin with, but I'll take it!

I might grow a Jack47 XL for the winter. Will decide in a week or two. Then I'm excited to get a some Jedi Kush, still my all time favourite bean.

various15 - 10.jpeg

various15 - 5.jpeg

Attachments

• various15 - 2.jpeg
    various15 - 2.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 15
  • various15 - 4.jpeg
    various15 - 4.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 15
  • various15 - 7.jpeg
    various15 - 7.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 15
New Eazy Pyramids
OK so I got the Eazy Pyramid test thread up, and now I'm going keep going with them here because I've always wanted to be able to grow more variety and smaller easier to keep plants. I started growing two or three at a time in the Shallow Water Culture, but it all gets a bit too dramatic I'm looking for more restful experience.

Now to see if the Eazy Pyramid Mini was a fluke or if there is a regular result obtainable. I also have a larger Pyramid on the way and I'm not sure if I am going to use that just yet or not. At any rate There are now four Eazy mini Pyramids

Ended up with 11 plus zips from Purple Gorilla plus some rosin squeezing. It does the job but it really needed a bit longer unfortunately imminent bud rot dictated an early chop. There's a fair bit of it so I may do some extractions.

Meanwhile in Pyramid world....

Lemon Pie had a strange flat spot develop on the stem and she became very wobbly beginning to fix itself now. Gave her a pretty good thumbnail topping at day 16 came in super close. Apart from being a bit bendy her growth is thick and vigorous, easily equal to hydro. Just started giving her some dilute nutes. Playing it by ear. After the stem gets strong around 4 weeks I'll be able to just pour the nutrient over her all the time. and up to two weeks it's just water, but in that period between two and four weeks I'm just guessing. When the last pyramid started stretching I think I was a bit slow in providing more nutes but she recovered quickly.

lemonpie - 1.jpeglemonpie - 2.jpeglemonpie - 3.jpeglemonpie - 4.jpeg

Amnesia ia about nine days old and is growing true to type a much more open bean, purposely chosen to see how she does in the pyramid.

amnesia pyramid 7 - 4.jpegamnesia pyramid 7 - 5.jpegamnesia pyramid 7 - 6.jpegamnesia pyramid 7 - 7.jpegamnesia pyramid 7 - 8.jpeg

Oh almost forgot I Brooklyn Sunrise is becoming difficult to deal with. This is the one that had an extra eazy cube buried under the clay, I'm not sure if that is the reason or not but this one is very branchy. I've had to do a lot of leaf trimming but I'll just let her get on with it now. She looks too difficult to bother with.

Brooklynsunrise - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
And two new beans arrived so we now have a family of pyramids.

A FastBuds Gorilla Cookies, which looks chunky already...

Gorillacookies - 1.jpegGorillacookies - 2.jpegGorillacookies - 3.jpegGorillacookies - 4.jpegGorillacookies - 5.jpeg

And a Sweet Seeds Jack 47 XL....

Jack47XL - 1.jpegJack47XL - 2.jpegJack47XL - 6.jpegJack47XL - 7.jpegJack47XL - 8.jpeg

So we are all caught up now. Not expecting much action for a little while now. Until then take care everyone.

Peace!

Back