Indoor Iconoclastic plastic fantastic perpetual Shallow Water Culture

Nice pics and plants mate. Looks like a happy spring harvest

Ah, just caught up a bit in here! Proper TV studio you have going with those lights and beautiful plants as always.

Lemon Pie Harvest, Amnesia Auto start next.
Big surprise on the Lemon Pie Auto, returned a shedload of top quality weed, there was only about an ounce and a half of that that was sort of larfy undergrowth LPafnH - 11.jpeg but was still absolutely covered in dense trichomes such that I was getting a return of about .52 from 3.7g LPafnH - 12.jpeg of weed that would be about 70% RH, which works well in the fat mac as the steam build up both keeps the oil cool and pushes it out under pressure. All the rest of the weed is just super sticky bud. not much trimming needed I ended up leaving a lot of the sugar leaves and longer leaves on that I would normally cut off because they were covered. Now the buds have a nice rustic outdoors look, but if you take a look through a loupe, it's just a sea of crusty trichomes. This produces not much more on average .65g rosin per 3.8g of bud.

I wasn't expecting more that about 8 zips, maybe 9 as I knew she would be heavy with child juicy bulbous trichomes, but over 13.2 zips was a genuine surprise, especially as this is my first non topped plant that was totally bent over. I'm gonna grow another one of these after the amnesia and top it to see the difference. However this has completely made me rethink the whole concept of topping, it does make a nice rounded even shape. Now I'm nervous that I won't be able to beat 13.2 by topping. However I can see that a plant has to be amenable to being bent over, she needs a bit of early flexibility, whereas, every plant can cope with a topping. IMO.

This is a very refined plant and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a medicinal strain due to the slightly sweet and spicy flavour, although she is strongly diesel to smell the buds, much like the Purple Gorilla, but unlike the PG, there's no overwhelming terpene profile, just a subtle lemon spice, she's only been cut a week ago so I'm expecting some more complexity. I could see the resin begin to run out of the fat mac just from being warm, that's how runny and full it is.

LPafnH - 1.jpeg
LPafnH - 2.jpeg

LPafnH - 5.jpeg

Attachments

• LPafnH - 3.jpeg
    LPafnH - 3.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 37
  • LPafnH - 4.jpeg
    LPafnH - 4.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 36
  • LPafnH - 6.jpeg
    LPafnH - 6.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 41
  • LPafnH - 7.jpeg
    LPafnH - 7.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 37
  • LPafnH - 8.jpeg
    LPafnH - 8.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 35
  • LPafnH - 9.jpeg
    LPafnH - 9.jpeg
    468.1 KB · Views: 35
  • LPafnH - 10.jpeg
    LPafnH - 10.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 34
  • LPafnH - 13.jpeg
    LPafnH - 13.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 38
  • LPafnH - 14.jpeg
    LPafnH - 14.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 35
  • lemonpieautoharvest - 25.jpeg
    lemonpieautoharvest - 25.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 41
The Era of Auto Amnesia begins...
Finally a bean from Seedsman that's not a freebie, they look fresher. Stuck her in the eazyplug on Monday and day zero was Friday afnamn - 1 (1).jpeg so she slots right in. The next bean in 5 weeks time will be another Lemon Pie not topped. Fortunately the big haul on Lemon Pie takes the pressure off me a bit, which is good because my youngest plants at 5 weeks BigBud x Northern Lights, has me utterly perplexed, I genuinely do not know how to handle this one. So difficult a puzzle has she presented that I had to lift her out and take her into the light where I could see wtf is going on.afnamn - 6.jpeg To make matters worse, the Purple Haze that is in the pot with her is not really interested in asserting herself. But due to the elbow room I now have, I think I'll just let them do whatever they want, for a couple of weeks.

Same with the other two, aafnamn - 2.jpeg NYC diesel, and Northern Lights. NL, is short and happy in her little corner of the world and NYC diesel is too rigid for me to bother with, so like the other two I'm just gonna let these two get on with it and see what happens. This is how a shedload of weed changes the whole equations. Mind you it looks like things could be getting a bit hectic in the cupboard in a few weeks time, because BigBud is flowering early.

And some shots of the root structure of Lemon Pie, in the pot afnamn - 3.jpeg and in the Shallow partafnamn - 1.jpegof the SWC/

Attachments

• afnamn - 2.jpeg
    afnamn - 2.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 34
  • afnamn - 4.jpeg
    afnamn - 4.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 32
  • afnamn - 5.jpeg
    afnamn - 5.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 33
  • afnamn - 7.jpeg
    afnamn - 7.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 31
  • afnamn - 8.jpeg
    afnamn - 8.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 40
  • afnamn - 9.jpeg
    afnamn - 9.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 29
  • afnamn - 10.jpeg
    afnamn - 10.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 34
  • afnamn - 11.jpeg
    afnamn - 11.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 34
  • afnamn - 2 (1).jpeg
    afnamn - 2 (1).jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 33
Gotta post a quick update for the NorthernLights x Big Bud, she is the fastest growing bean yet, in one week she has tripled in size with buds everywhere, it's madness. She's very willowy, and pliable and sort of just bulldozing the poor old Purple Haze into oblivion. Her structure is very open but I'm going to have to go in and do some sort of trimming I guess.

I'm mixing up new nutes every four weeks at the moment so at the four week mark this one had one part micro two parts grow and one part bloom, so that's a bigger than usual dose of K before flowering and it has not done any harm. So I might investigate this further, I have already determined that higher than 6 is better than lower than 6 pH. So maybe now I should be adding extra grow, at the start of flowering. Or maybe this BBxNL is just unusual. However I can't see it can do any harm.

BBxNLwk6 - 3 (1).jpeg
bbxnl6 - 1.jpeg

Attachments

• BBxNLwk6 - 2 (1).jpeg
    BBxNLwk6 - 2 (1).jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 23
  • BBxNLwk6 - 1 (1).jpeg
    BBxNLwk6 - 1 (1).jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 22
Greetings,

BigBud x N.L,afn2w - 1.jpeg is continuing to power on to the point that I had to put her in the big girls section and move the older plant to the corner. 12 Weeks now for NYC Diesel, afn2w - 2.jpeg which is finally beginning to get some buds, still very immature, the Northern Lights it's growing with is very similar. Amnesia is coming along at two weeks now.

afn2w - 1 (1).jpeg

Attachments

• afn2w - 3.jpeg
    afn2w - 3.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 30
  • afn2w - 4.jpeg
    afn2w - 4.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 26
  • afn2w - 6.jpeg
    afn2w - 6.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 28
  • afn2w - 7.jpeg
    afn2w - 7.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 28
  • afnx2w - 2.jpeg
    afnx2w - 2.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 27
  • afnx2w - 1.jpeg
    afnx2w - 1.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Okie dokie, here we are again another week older and a new one just begun... and so this is Christmas blah blah blah blah blaaaaaa.....

OK Purple Haze is down to a single stem and she is buried deep in the heart of BigBud X NorthernLights, BBX8 - 2 (1).jpegwho has started to add some bulk in the buds which look like they will come in small clusters rather than thick colas.BBX8 - 7.jpeg

Meanwhile the NYCDiesel and the NorthernLights are beginning to ripen and bulk up and finally they are looking like they will be heavy with resin.

And with the new Amnesia, because I had so much fun with my first bending over attempt instead of topping, that I am going to have another go. After topping for years, it has given me a completely different take on how I approach bending them over, but it's too early to tell which is better yet.

I try to get the lower four branches out, but in this case I had to cut one off because it never works trying to get them to go the long way around, then I allow branches to come out the side, then then on the next pair, I'll remove the underneath branch but leave it's leaf and remove the top leave of the above branch. If that makes sense. Here's some photos... amnesia3 - 9.jpegamnesia3 - 10.jpeg

Attachments

• amnesia3 - 1.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 1.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 26
  • amnesia3 - 5.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 5.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 30
  • amnesia3 - 8.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 8.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 23
  • amnesia3 - 14.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 14.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 25
  • amnesia3 - 12.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 12.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 29
  • amnesia3 - 3.jpeg
    amnesia3 - 3.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 29
  • BBX8 - 1 (1).jpeg
    BBX8 - 1 (1).jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 29
Man do I like finding threads like this. Amazing pics man. I'm on board :headbang: :cooldance::growing:

Back