Subbed.. I haven't topped any yet but next round gets planted next week and I'm planning some decent torture.

From everything I've read, and done myself with this grow, my theory is the roots are key. Keep them happy and undisturbed and you can get away with a lot up above. I can show how to stunt them pretty quick with LST.

I have to try and remember that even though these girls are young and fast, they are still fairly delicate in some aspects.

Subbed.. I haven't topped any yet but next round gets planted next week and I'm planning some decent torture.

From everything I've read, and done myself with this grow, my theory is the roots are key. Keep them happy and undisturbed and you can get away with a lot up above. I can show how to stunt them pretty quick with LST.

I have to try and remember that even though these girls are young and fast, they are still fairly delicate in some aspects.
You are absolutely right!! Keep em lean and mean,i am almost done with my DIY COB lamp and might be able to push them even further with better light and more nutes..welcome aboard,tag me in to your journal and ill follow along..

Hey @budelee brother

There are a couple of christmas tree shapes here but they have been dwarfed, so I hope that is ok?

Dinafem Fruit autos

LST'd,HST'd & Defoliation
Side branches were bent and pinned (LST) with large straightened out paper clips
Tops of the plants were gently crushed and bent over and again pinned in place with Straightened out paper clips.
Defoliation of large leaves covering bud sites, to allow the light in and allow the bud sites to develop.
Watering is done with a small pump and a short piece of hose.
This is more like a scrog than your usual LST but without using a screen.

DSCN3700.JPG

Just look at those "Moose Knuckles, where they were HST'd (crushed the stems and bent)

I have had a dig through some old pics and I found this from 2011.
I have often had to grow in small spaces and this grow was in 45cm x 45cm.
upload_2017-2-19_17-22-14-png.704395

Super Critical Auto
As you can see it is a scrog due to space constraints, height has often proved to be an issue.
I used a pump and a hose to water, as you can see this is another low grow.
Over the years I have found ways to keep my plants in check and have found ways to keep the height at a minimum.
Height isn't a problem now but I still like to play around.
I also use a transplant at sex technique to keep them from stretching.
Here some pics of that .

dscn2335-jpg.390913

12" Auto Bomb

dscn2317-jpg.390908

15"-16" Auto Bomb

dscn2222-fileminimizer-jpg.388191

Northern Lights Auto 18"
dscn2269-fileminimizer-jpg.388193

Northern Lights Auto 19"

The Auto Bombs and Northern Lights, were transplanted at sex to stop stretch and keep the plants compact.
Small plants but lots of bud.
Keeping them short lets the light get right to the bottom of these plants, no pop corn.

dscn3164-fileminimizer-jpg.612812

Amnesia Stone 99 Auto
Another reduced size plant grown in a PC case under as Cree CXB3590 powered @ 1.4A by a Meanwell CC diver, giving 50W power.
Link to journal - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/artys-pc-case-cree-cob-micro-grow-as99.53231/
I built the cab,DIY filter & DIY COB LED and it all came out pretty good.

upload_2017-2-19_17-49-36-png.704410

Here's the bones of the 12" Auto Bomb (top cola cut off!) next to the bottom of 9' Sativa & a clipper lighter.
The Auto Boms gave 2.5 OZ each and the Northern Lights gave 4.5OZ each in a 100cm x 60cm space.
Journal here - https://www.autoflower.org/t...-eshine-ds-300-1-x-vipar-b2x3-stunting.36318/

Hey @budelee brother

There are a couple of christmas tree shapes here but they have been dwarfed, so I hope that is ok?

Dinafem Fruit autos

LST'd,HST'd & Defoliation
Side branches were bent and pinned (LST) with large straightened out paper clips
Tops of the plants were gently crushed and bent over and again pinned in place with Straightened out paper clips.
Defoliation of large leaves covering bud sites, to allow the light in and allow the bud sites to develop.
Watering is done with a small pump and a short piece of hose.
This is more like a scrog than your usual LST but without using a screen.

View attachment 704872
Just look at those "Moose Knuckles, where they were HST'd (crushed the stems and bent)

I have had a dig through some old pics and I found this from 2011.
I have often had to grow in small spaces and this grow was in 45cm x 45cm.
upload_2017-2-19_17-22-14-png.704395

Super Critical Auto
As you can see it is a scrog due to space constraints, height has often proved to be an issue.
I used a pump and a hose to water, as you can see this is another low grow.
Over the years I have found ways to keep my plants in check and have found ways to keep the height at a minimum.
Height isn't a problem now but I still like to play around.
I also use a transplant at sex technique to keep them from stretching.
Here some pics of that .

dscn2335-jpg.390913

12" Auto Bomb

dscn2317-jpg.390908

15"-16" Auto Bomb

dscn2222-fileminimizer-jpg.388191

Northern Lights Auto 18"
dscn2269-fileminimizer-jpg.388193

Northern Lights Auto 19"

The Auto Bombs and Northern Lights, were transplanted at sex to stop stretch and keep the plants compact.
Small plants but lots of bud.
Keeping them short lets the light get right to the bottom of these plants, no pop corn.

dscn3164-fileminimizer-jpg.612812

Amnesia Stone 99 Auto
Another reduced size plant grown in a PC case under as Cree CXB3590 powered @ 1.4A by a Meanwell CC diver, giving 50W power.
Link to journal - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/artys-pc-case-cree-cob-micro-grow-as99.53231/
I built the cab,DIY filter & DIY COB LED and it all came out pretty good.

upload_2017-2-19_17-49-36-png.704410

Here's the bones of the 12" Auto Bomb (top cola cut off!) next to the bottom of 9' Sativa & a clipper lighter.
The Auto Boms gave 2.5 OZ each and the Northern Lights gave 4.5OZ each in a 100cm x 60cm space.
Journal here - https://www.autoflower.org/t...-eshine-ds-300-1-x-vipar-b2x3-stunting.36318/
Awesome!! Thats what im talking about!! I have been eyeballin those optic plants!!

Ummm so mainling ay?
Never heard of it, Till now, looks like you just top the plant like usual, then continue topping all the new heads that shoot up, And a defol along the way?? Honestly I think that's brutal haha.
I just watched my mate finish some black creams and purple rider, outdoors and topped, horrible yields! Definitely not topping my autos I said... BUT now I've seen this and I'm 100% fimming my THC bomb when it's time.
You dah man @budelee

A new round of topping is now in action..these are the Fast Buds competition plantshttps://www.autoflower.org/threads/...r-grow-battle-2017.57574/page-53#post-1363288 .... Tagging ya guys in if you might have an interest in alternate methods of growing something other than a christmas tree ..this thread documents different styles of trainingView attachment 704841 View attachment 704844View attachment 704846 View attachment 704847View attachment 704848
@St. Tom @Benjamin Squier @smokersuniteuk420 @CandyCane613 @Roark @IzzyTheGrower @bhomb_ @AmberTrichome @2Stoned2Care @Sideshow @Jackson @Seabass @HippieWarrior @Eyeoftheworld @Starbreaker @ChillFred @Powerful14 @Maria Sanchez @KonopCh @Egzoset @Druid @arty zan @TheWeekendGrower @MassMom @AussieStoner @Creature @Autogrowzs @AutoJ @NugNoob @sammykins @Sleeveofauto @truth_830 @AJrexxx
I also welcome others to post their trained plants pics here,so that we can shatter the myths that autos cannot be topped or mainlined!!
I will be topping my lsd 25. A few days behind you though.

A new round of topping is now in action..these are the Fast Buds competition plantshttps://www.autoflower.org/threads/...r-grow-battle-2017.57574/page-53#post-1363288 .... Tagging ya guys in if you might have an interest in alternate methods of growing something other than a christmas tree ..this thread documents different styles of trainingView attachment 704841 View attachment 704844View attachment 704846 View attachment 704847View attachment 704848
@St. Tom @Benjamin Squier @smokersuniteuk420 @CandyCane613 @Roark @IzzyTheGrower @bhomb_ @AmberTrichome @2Stoned2Care @Sideshow @Jackson @Seabass @HippieWarrior @Eyeoftheworld @Starbreaker @ChillFred @Powerful14 @Maria Sanchez @KonopCh @Egzoset @Druid @arty zan @TheWeekendGrower @MassMom @AussieStoner @Creature @Autogrowzs @AutoJ @NugNoob @sammykins @Sleeveofauto @truth_830 @AJrexxx
I also welcome others to post their trained plants pics here,so that we can shatter the myths that autos cannot be topped or mainlined!!

Thanks for the tag bro! I'll be tagging along with you here soon, got me 4 new seedlings about ground!

You are absolutely right!! Keep em lean and mean,i am almost done with my DIY COB lamp and might be able to push them even further with better light and more nutes..welcome aboard,tag me in to your journal and ill follow along..
Don't hang your cobs too low or your plants are going to scream bloody murder at you for lack of calcium.

Ummm so mainling ay?
Never heard of it, Till now, looks like you just top the plant like usual, then continue topping all the new heads that shoot up, And a defol along the way?? Honestly I think that's brutal haha.
I just watched my mate finish some black creams and purple rider, outdoors and topped, horrible yields! Definitely not topping my autos I said... BUT now I've seen this and I'm 100% fimming my THC bomb when it's time.
You dah man @budelee
These are mainlined
Somangos-1.jpg

Somangos-2.jpg

I'd say they worked out well.

Ummm so mainling ay?
You dah man @budelee
These are all plants that are in this journal,ive been beatin em up for a while,but i do let some grows go untrained
image.jpeg
the dog bit this one as a baby
image.jpeg
the mainline training gets three toppings and lots of training
image.jpeg
topped and (badly) scrogged,i dont use the nets any more
image.jpeg
topped and spread to the max, i use the bamboo sticks to train them now,a support for the canopy can be made no matter how wide they get( as long as you have space)!!

Back