I will read more!- however, I read one report of ponytails being administered for 6 hours x 4 days. Anyone have any ideas?

Questions comments concerns, quotes jokes anecdotes, recipes public address and points of historical note (sorry, summer camp flooding back after a *ahem* handful of years..

Thats good for ponytails. Some may need 5 rounds some less. Seems to depend on how fast the side colas grow.

IMAG0094.jpg

Can I cut them two small leaves off the bottom to promote more top growth or is it too early? The plant is a 13 day old northern auto.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 84
View attachment 697866
Can I cut them two small leaves off the bottom to promote more top growth or is it too early? The plant is a 13 day old northern auto.
They can be cut off,just to make sure i hear ya correctly,by cutting them off it wont cause more top growth..they are single blade "starter" leaves and they are done growing,they won't use the plants energy that is meant for the top growth so at this point go ahead and leave them..they will help photosynthesis for the entire plant because shes still small,after the plant has 3-5 nodes,if you decide to top it,the bottom can be cleaned up then..wait,did you top it already??

They can be cut off,just to make sure i hear ya correctly,by cutting them off it wont cause more top growth..they are single blade "starter" leaves and they are done growing,they won't use the plants energy that is meant for the top growth so at this point go ahead and leave them..they will help photosynthesis for the entire plant because shes still small,after the plant has 3-5 nodes,if you decide to top it,the bottom can be cleaned up then..wait,did you top it already??
Thanks man I think I'll just leave it for now then. I haven't topped it I'm not sure whether or not I want to yet I've got a scrog net just in case I want to go down that road but I'm still learning this is my first, does it look small for 13 days old?

Thanks man I think I'll just leave it for now then. I haven't topped it I'm not sure whether or not I want to yet I've got a scrog net just in case I want to go down that road but I'm still learning this is my first, does it look small for 13 days old?
Not really,i have had monsters at 13 days but thats about par,days 30ish up is the rapid stretch phase,right now shes still developing a good root structure,are you feeding a root mycos product??

Not really,i have had monsters at 13 days but thats about par,days 30ish up is the rapid stretch phase,right now shes still developing a good root structure,are you feeding a root mycos product??
That's why I thought she was a bit small I keep seeing monster plants at the same age an got worried, I think she was stunted at growth as I planted her into a 50/50 coco/perlite that wasn't pre charged and she only received plain water for the first 4 days, now she's on canna A+B and cal mag and she got cannazym in with her last feed as well to a ppm of 700, I've not used any root stimulants but I'm definitely going to get some for my next plants.

That's why I thought she was a bit small I keep seeing monster plants at the same age an got worried, I think she was stunted at growth as I planted her into a 50/50 coco/perlite that wasn't pre charged and she only received plain water for the first 4 days, now she's on canna A+B and cal mag and she got cannazym in with her last feed as well to a ppm of 700, I've not used any root stimulants but I'm definitely going to get some for my next plants.
She should be okay..give her some time,you'll be surprised when she takes off,keep me updated

Thank you for the compliments!! Critical and 2 fast are large aggresive growers,i think youll be surprised,feel free to post pics of your progress,good luck and if you ever need anything,just tag me in!! Peace
well i fimmed 2 and topped 1 around a week ago iot didnt slow them down they are just over 3 weeks old now i will post pics when i get time and thanks for such good tips and advice this thread is so impressive

Back