Glad you found me here,this will be where i post my training from now on,i promised myself i will not let my plants grow natural anymore,a pain in the butt they be!! I did however pilage my other threads of the good info to make this thread,thats why i let them fall to the wayside,my last active thread for untrained plants is the walter whites,these newest plants are also documented test beans and have a community journal in the dinafem and bomb seeds threads,ill see if i have enough room to add them to my sig area..Peace bro

subbing up for this...finally...been through it about 6 times already. Keep up the good work dude, some fantastic experimentation and documentation, learning loads....:slap:
Thank you @Slater ,autos can be trained just like photos,and most times because they move so fast,the training doesnt even phase them,yes i have taken it too far on a few occasions but this learning experience was past on to you guys.Without helping each other we might as well change our name to ICmag...i will continue to beat them up and update here...sorry that some of the info seems out of order,i made this thread from all my other threads...peace

Thank you @Slater ,autos can be trained just like photos,and most times because they move so fast,the training doesnt even phase them,yes i have taken it too far on a few occasions but this learning experience was past on to you guys.Without helping each other we might as well change our name to ICmag...i will continue to beat them up and update here...sorry that some of the info seems out of order,i made this thread from all my other threads...peace[/QUOT

Cheers dude, its all helped towards my first grow

It seems like theres never enough time to get everything done...buuuuttttttt....here is a few pics of all the plants that were topped ..all were topped on sept 12 so almost one months growth..the important thing is to hit em early 3-5 nodes,let em recover,then train them everyday as they go thru the rapid stretch phase
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
you can see the wires pulling branches down all over the place
image.jpeg
this plant was not topped just spiral trained..the dog pulled it from the taproot and against everybodies advice,i worked it back to health,its just way small for its age....Ill say it again.my 600watt HID lamp is only good for a few feet of penetration,so low and wide plants use the space better,ive seen tall tree type plants under led's grown nice and full but i dont have that luxury..peace

Alright guys!!! I have a new round of plants going thru a topping so i am showing this process from the beginning and will update weekly on the LST ..
image.jpeg
this plant is at about 5 nodes and the perfect time is between 3-5 nodes....
image.jpeg
A fine tip pair of scissors is used to get as close as possible to the base of the stalk to make the cut..now the energy will go to the 8 branches,as they grow they will get the "rack" and branches will be LSTd to grow out instead of up..this does require a daily beating or the plants will do their own thing..updates soon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 152
Alright guys!!! I have a new round of plants going thru a topping so i am showing this process from the beginning and will update weekly on the LST ..View attachment 647797this plant is at about 5 nodes and the perfect time is between 3-5 nodes.... View attachment 647799A fine tip pair of scissors is used to get as close as possible to the base of the stalk to make the cut..now the energy will go to the 8 branches,as they grow they will get the "rack" and branches will be LSTd to grow out instead of up..this does require a daily beating or the plants will do their own thing..updates soon

Nice and clear @budelee, to be honest that's some of the best pics I've seen of topping explaining what to do.#
I'm going to be brave on my next grow and give it a go... the fimming I did on my last plant didn't work so well so topping it is.

Back