Nice grow . love the training . One thing that slows these without stunting is cooler temps like low 60° . I have one that is 80 days been outside since day one in may just set flower in late july. It Was a mini plant for months till the night temps came up to 65....
Thanks bro,i didnt get a chance to start any autos outdoors this year,might still finish some outdoors tho, previous grows in the greenhouse had summer temps hitting 110-115 F ...spring and fall will be good for autos (for my conditions) due to temps...Peace

Brilliant work, @budelee !!!
I love it. Must have been a huge amount of hard work, many hours in the jungle, hehe.
In particular:
The wappas are dried and weights were taken on each plant and a total ..Sooooo this is where it gets interesting...plant 1 ( from A few weeks back) yielded a measly 30 dry grams as this was the stunted plant....plant 2 ( from a couple weeks ago) yielded 83.87...last weeks three plants..plant 3 yielded 74.97.....plant 4 yielded 84.67 ...best for last,this was the plant that was fimmed one time continued to grow and was bent/lst to a 90 degree at the cola,now,this plant yielded 96.27 which was almost 12 grams more than the second highest..I didn't break this down to a % and get all technical but since all plants had same nutes,same light,same water frequency ,and were rotated for various light angles to all sides,this has showed a simple way to get a few more grams..and if all five plants were equal this could be 60 additional grams( bonus) ...so the grand total comes to 396.78 grams/13.2 ounces..a smoke report will follow in about four weeks....peace

Nice little experiment, thanks for sharing, @budelee !!!
Ideally do this with clones, so even the genetics are identical... easier said than done, not a criticism at all. :D

Love and hugs,
Maria <3

Last edited:
I think I understand what fimming is, but am not sure why the fimmed or cut area, looks frayed.
Hi Sandi,i am including this pic to show the difference of where to cut for a fim or a top...the frayed look comes from the leaf growing out at the spot it was pinched/clipped,the nodes/leaves that grow after the pinch grow normal...peace
image.jpeg

I love it. Must have been a huge amount of hard work, many hours in the jungle, hehe.
In particular:

Ideally do this with clones, so even the genetics are identical... easier said than done, not a criticism at all. :D

Love and hugs,
Maria <3
Thank You Maria Sanchez,not taken as a critisism,i am including this pic as well cause it shows how to use the method with clones,this shows the staggereg growth of a photoperiod clone,since auto growers dont usually clone the plants..
image.jpeg

In particular:

Love and hugs,
Maria <3
I thought it was not a good idea to clone autos. i'm so glad I found this place!

Oh!! Now where did this thread come from and how did I miss it!!?? Obviously a thread of this nature gets max rep for the op!!

You know...I am PISSED you didn't tag me a long, long time ago to this thread man!! :D I just ran through the whole thread and wow!! Rock and roll man!

thank you for clarifying this. do you think this increased your yield or is it too soon to tell?
I fimmed one Paradise Auto Wappa and it produced 12 more grams that the rest which were left natural,,other strains and experiments i believe i took to far and actually hurt yield,all is documented in this thread.....I included the pic of the clone fim for any photoperiod growers,do not clone an auto,its not that it cant be cloned( we have a few members that did clone successfully ),its just not really worth it imo( kinda like the plant i fimmed in 13 different places)..peace

Back