New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well... I've admittedly been neglectful of my plants and environment. Been having a rough time with physical and mental health, and generally exhausted from work.
Don't know if I'll let the SNxPP stock around or not, but it went super inrersex. Im sure its from stress (light timer went haywire for a few days, rpugh transplant, too low humidity, and the lost goes on) Had pollen sacs with pollen some open and pouring out... Found more male flowers, said fuck it and intentionally pollinated a couple bud sites... Plucked the rest of the male parts, will keep an eye on it to see if more grow. Probably won't see it through to collect seeds (much less grow those out), but who knows...
20230430_005722.jpg

20230430_004436.jpg

And, checking WMD... found this seed growing!
20230430_010428.jpg

Didn't find any nanners on WMD, so assuming it's from SNxPP... maybe harvest the plant except for that part and let it mature? Jesus, what a mess ( 😳 but at least I made my first seed like I've been thinking about doing for months, 😆 🤣

@Hog_M@Gundy
I hate it when life gets in the way of growin canna!
"One foot in front of the other" is my mantra most days!

edit........... Some days, it's MUCH more difficult to actually put it into action, than to say it. :face:

Last edited:
@Hog_M@Gundy
I hate it when life gets in the way of growin canna!
"One foot in front of the other" is my mantra most days!

edit........... Some days, it's MUCH more difficult to actually put it into action, than to say it. :face:
Yep. Just gonna keep going. If I get some seeds, I get some seeds. I figure even if some of them carry the hermit trait (which I've learned isn't necessarily the case, especially when it was stress induced), I'd just treat them like reg seeds. They're either hermie or fems, so no different than weeding out males really. And, turns out all our favorite strains are probably from accidental herm pollen: Chem, Sour D, OG, Cookies and probably many others.

Hell, Maybe the plants are more conscious than we know and these two said, "We gotta watch this fucker, he just killed our roommates before they even had a chance to make seeds! While he's too stoned on our friends to notice, let's do the deed and make some seed!"

Well, super surprised to be in the running for this at all given how much I feel like WMD has struggled, but go on check out all the plants, vote for your favorite!

WMD is really finishing nicely despite the pollen fiasco l
20230430_211145.jpg
20230430_025259.jpg
20230430_110940.jpg

Ok, too much back and forth in my head and not enough action! Dropped a Night Owl Makeda and a Twisted Tree Alien Moonrocks into Jr's. And, I'm doing the photos too! Avenue of the giants into a Jr and 2x Headband x Bubblegum in a regular!
Also, may have a lead on an outdoor grow spot for the summer!

Ok, too much back and forth in my head and not enough action! Dropped a Night Owl Makeda and a Twisted Tree Alien Moonrocks into Jr's. And, I'm doing the photos too! Avenue of the giants into a Jr and 2x Headband x Bubblegum in a regular!
Also, may have a lead on an outdoor grow spot for the summer!
Avenue of the Giants into a Jr........brave man to take that challenge in a Jr! :headbang:
But.............just look up.............I think ya can handle it!:headbang::vibe:

Avenue of the Giants into a Jr........brave man to take that challenge in a Jr! :headbang:
But.............just look up.............I think ya can handle it!:headbang::vibe:
Yeah, I think with the ability to control veg and flower I can make sure I've got the nute bank and beneficials rocking before I flip and that should help. Definitely a challenge, but I really want to see how far I can push the Jr's. I like their maneuverability vs Regs

Yeah, I think with the ability to control veg and flower I can make sure I've got the nute bank and beneficials rocking before I flip and that should help. Definitely a challenge, but I really want to see how far I can push the Jr's. I like their maneuverability vs Regs
Yeah, I was talking to a commercial grower last night. I explained my theory on the two root systems on Earthboxes. He agreed my and your thoughts on running photos in any Earthboxes. With you determining when flower occurs, you can make sure the conditions are good before flipping. He's grown autos too and knows ya have to hit the marks well to get a good grow and production.
I think it makes photos easier run in EBs. I'm still going to run autos, but with the direction I'm going with my main concentration being the medical uses, I'll need stellar consistency in the end product and the ability to save those genetics. Photos would be the best avenue to accomplish that at the level I want to be eventually.
Since he isn't currently growing canna, I gave him some samples of mine and he gifted me with 60 of his favorite strains seeds, (Fem) mainly THC. girls.
When it goes legal here, Med or Rec, he'll switch over his current growing operation over to canna and try to get in on the rush. He mentioned of giving me some space to do some breeding and pheno hunting.
I've known his wife since Nov from she being the ramrod in getting me help when that tree decided to visit me in my living room. I've given her some samples before and oil specifically for him, and both loved it and the oil has worked very well for him.
Fate sure can be strange!
Yeah, I'm liking Jrs better, mainly for the ease of getting them 'on da rez'. That may change if my modded media separator works as well I think it will. Reg EBs are getting heavy for this old broken up fart. :funny:

You have a VERY good handle on EBs! I'm sure you're gonna crush it growing photos!:headbang:

Back