New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, decided it was best to just cull 2 slow growers and open up more room for the photos. SNxPP can stay, she looks okay. not great size, but should still yield some if i can get environment optimized after WMD comes down later this week.

Thinking: Zam x KC in a reg EB + Ave of the Giants, Headband x Bubblegum in Jr's. Might do one of the Chem crosses in another Jr as well, but undecided.

Well, decided it was best to just cull 2 slow growers and open up more room for the photos. SNxPP can stay, she looks okay. not great size, but should still yield some if i can get environment optimized after WMD comes down later this week.

Thinking: Zam x KC in a reg EB + Ave of the Giants, Headband x Bubblegum in Jr's. Might do one of the Chem crosses in another Jr as well, but undecided.
I don't remember, but do you have more than one tent? I'm glad I have 3. I'm just over 30 days into this grow and my dumbass is dropping seeds for Twenty20. I'll just move RBF to the 2x4 and germ everything in the small tent. The environment would still be ok, but it's the lights that's the real problem.

I don't remember, but do you have more than one tent? I'm glad I have 3. I'm just over 30 days into this grow and my dumbass is dropping seeds for Twenty20. I'll just move RBF to the 2x4 and germ everything in the small tent. The environment would still be ok, but it's the lights that's the real problem.
I've got two 4x4s but only growing in one ATM. Transitioning to a smaller room so I can more easily control the environment in the summertime especially. Should be setup with both tents running at some point in the coming months.

@Hotfire thanks for the reps!

@WildBill I think for the photos in Jr's I'm going g to try out the Organics Alive bloom nutes. Seems that BaS is promoting them as a good complementary piece to their system. Pricey, but if it allows me to use the Jrs with photos, could be worthwhile

Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama Day 32
Day 32 (I think, somewhere around 5 weeks)
20230426_000314.jpg

@Hotfire thanks for the reps!

@WildBill I think for the photos in Jr's I'm going g to try out the Organics Alive bloom nutes. Seems that BaS is promoting them as a good complementary piece to their system. Pricey, but if it allows me to use the Jrs with photos, could be worthwhile
If I did a big photo in a Jr, I wouldn't change thing in my current program/toolbox right now. My next run IS photos!
I have Blue Gold Flower and BuildABloom. I also have Assorted Roots Organic ferts. You can brew The Roots stuff as well as top dress. Knows Candy did well, despite me getting behind her. I did hit her with the above, but I didn't hit her as hard as I should. I could have hit her harder very easily. She was an admirable over 8oz of very good bud. She could have been 12 or 13.
You can hit them with a fair amount of water if you time it on a dry rez and spray and let it soak and repeat. I tried to do two at a time, so I could alternate. By that time, they are drinking a gallon or more a day. A little bit in the rez isn't gonna hurt. I would just wait a time period, like overnight, before filling the rez.
Just use the recommended rates and feed often with a rotation of product and use compost tea as the water for your feed mix. I'll be making teas with the Roots Terp tea product as part of the ingredients. They have a package of microbes to utilize those nutes in that mix. I still use Molassess in flower too. Lots of good micro nutes there and microbes love it.
I have been using Organics Alive FPF Fulvic Amino Acid at the recommended rate of 1ml/gal to help metabolize the feed and what's still in the nute mound and media better.
The biggest thing is to keep a close eye on the progress of the roots into the nute mound and condition of the leaves to give you an idea of when the liquid feed it needed, with the roots being the best guide to keep you from getting behind your girl's needs.
I haven't looked closely at the Organics Alive flower product, but I like the amino in the BuildABloom to assist in metabolize the nutes better.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna have to pull all the above in the current grow with Root Beer Float. She's raging her ass off! At just over 30 days old and harvest times over 100 days, she could be my first 1lb in a Jr. I need to train her a little more today and clean up bottoms and train her grow mates.

Hmm, thinking I might need to run an auto or two alongside the photos, at least until flower. Got plenty of canna, but in order to share and make hash/edibles, I'll need another harvest between now and when the photos finish. Choosing between Atlas Tri-Cross or GMO OG, Night Owl Makeda, and Gnome Thorpes Gold... this was so much easier when I only had like 3 strains to choose from, lol.

Hmm, thinking I might need to run an auto or two alongside the photos, at least until flower. Got plenty of canna, but in order to share and make hash/edibles, I'll need another harvest between now and when the photos finish. Choosing between Atlas Tri-Cross or GMO OG, Night Owl Makeda, and Gnome Thorpes Gold... this was so much easier when I only had like 3 strains to choose from, lol.
I can't help ya with info on those. If ya had some Roc Purple Kong or Meph Sour Stomper, you'd have some very good smoke in 65-75 days.

I can't help ya with info on those. If ya had some Roc Purple Kong or Meph Sour Stomper, you'd have some very good smoke in 65-75 days.
The Atlas strains are supposed to be faster running I believe. Might throw two in the Reg Eb for a hopefully large and relatively quick harvest. That leaves 3-4 Jr's open for photos that I can start a little later and veg a bit shorter. then move the autos into the other 4x4 under the MH FCE4800, when I flip the photos to Flower.

The Atlas strains are supposed to be faster running I believe. Might throw two in the Reg Eb for a hopefully large and relatively quick harvest. That leaves 3-4 Jr's open for photos that I can start a little later and veg a bit shorter. then move the autos into the other 4x4 under the MH FCE4800, when I flip the photos to Flower.
Sounds like a plan!
Two girls in a Reg should work quite well and I’m sure you could get them 'on the rez' quicker than one in the center. My first EB grow I planted on one end and the did very well, despite fighting EBs silly dolomite recommendation.

Back