Photoperiod Hippies on the Mountain-Pieces of Maui Wowie

Do you remember the Psychedelic Strains of the 70's?

• We blazed that s*** up all day

• I haven't had the opportunity

Results are only viewable after voting.
He had taken branches from the Harvest, and I am honestly thinking they were just put into garbage bags fresh. He lost many of these newly acquired genetics to mold. It was an error in judgement, but some genetics were salvaged. They were dried in paper bags and just stored in ziplocs, just a bit unceremonious. They were his no matter.
He would grow these out rarely, except his Panama. Had to have a stash of that around. The interesting thing is that he did all of this, undertook this great feat. Yet he didn't really care for the resulting cross with the Hashplant. He sought different terpenes and the hash plant flavor was overpowering the subtle, sweet and spicy notes.
I only remember a few harvests of these before he decided to stop. The modern strains that we grew had explosive flavors, and were caked in resin, and done by week 8. That was just much more appealing to him, by that point. He wanted the Cheeses, and all the fruity polyhybrids he could acquire. This left the genetics sitting in storage even after that. His friend must have had thousands of the seeds from the original landraces crosses, but my patient friend personally dropped the whole thing. Never went back to restock at all. He did have some of the genetics he saved, and would seemingly pass them on to random people who needed smoke. I was one of these people.
Just a little 10 pack. I do not know how to approach their cultivation. I tried germinating a few, which was successful. They were mutated out of the gate, so they were plucked. Naturally genetics turn out in many ways, and these are not as well-formed, honestly they seemed like they were just a bit early.
The main issue being lineage. Currently working to minimize questionable genetics with random traits in my breeding and these are certainly mysteries.
There is time, but the focus of the project is to make new regular photos and autos which need rapidly finishing parents. At the least, the Hawaii mysteries will take 12 to 14 weeks of bloom. Not to mention my space isn't 5 meters tall.

My own cutting of Skunk has original Columbian, and Afghani in it, and it is the most stable strain I have worked with.
Not quite a Maui Wowie, but lovely all the same and she is definitely ripe by 9 weeks.

Hi @Micron Creek
Thanks for sharing this story, it is a good read for everyone interest in genetics and landrace.
Have a nice day
cu tobe

Back