Hey Gauge - hold off doing anyhting for now :D there's a Hempy grower called ash-a-ton who's doing a grow (looks like it's rocking!)
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/ash-a-ton-and-the-hybrid-hempy-bucket.59754/page-18#post-1536537

I've asked to see if he can take a look and maybe offer some advice (or at least put me straight lol)
Hopefully he'll pop in and be able to better advise!

For lowering the PH, i'd always adjust the PH after putting the feed in (as A&B will adjust the ph after being put it)
If it's chemical feeds (which it is) you can use Nitric acid in Veg and some would say Phosphoric acid in flower (however, you can adjust it with either/or all the way through)

In a pinch you could use lemon juice as PH down - although it wont hold such a stable PH.

I doubt you'll ever need PH up ... if i ever go to far with the PH down ,, unless it's a tiny bit that rhizotonic could bring up, i'd scrap the feed and start again (frustrating .. but teaches a lesson in being careful with the acid lol)

Use a digital PH reader for testing. A cheap one is called "essentials" and they're good eanough. a really nice one is called bluelabs ... but they're pricey!

Hope this helps :D

Blue :d5:

Last edited:
I have actually not done a regular hempy grow. But I will say in my short time of growing the way I do. I have found pH fluctuates often.
My biggest issues have been pH and too much water.
Your girls look very healthy.
I shoot for 5.7-6.4 is in the pH range. And like to feed mine. I bump my feeds up every week til I see a little tip burn. And then I back it off a hair and keep them there til the next phase.

I did how ever have really good success with an external reservoir my first build. Allowed me to see the rate of water constipation. And to test run off.

Any questions. Feel free to tag me. I'll get around when I'm free up from work.

Subbed up to tag along!

Hey Gauge - hold off doing anyhting for now :D there's a Hempy grower called ash-a-ton who's doing a grow (looks like it's rocking!)
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/ash-a-ton-and-the-hybrid-hempy-bucket.59754/page-18#post-1536537

I've asked to see if he can take a look and maybe offer some advice (or at least put me straight lol)
Hopefully he'll pop in and be able to better advise!

For lowering the PH, i'd always adjust the PH after putting the feed in (as A&B will adjust the ph after being put it)
If it's chemical feeds (which it is) you can use Nitric acid in Veg and some would say Phosphoric acid in flower (however, you can adjust it with either/or all the way through)

In a pinch you could use lemon juice as PH down - although it wont hold such a stable PH.

I doubt you'll ever need PH up ... if i ever go to far with the PH down ,, unless it's a tiny bit that rhizotonic could bring up, i'd scrap the feed and start again (frustrating .. but teaches a lesson in being careful with the acid lol)

Use a digital PH reader for testing. A cheap one is called "essentials" and they're good eanough. a really nice one is called bluelabs ... but they're pricey!

Hope this helps :D

Blue :d5:

I have actually not done a regular hempy grow. But I will say in my short time of growing the way I do. I have found pH fluctuates often.
My biggest issues have been pH and too much water.
Your girls look very healthy.
I shoot for 5.7-6.4 is in the pH range. And like to feed mine. I bump my feeds up every week til I see a little tip burn. And then I back it off a hair and keep them there til the next phase.

I did how ever have really good success with an external reservoir my first build. Allowed me to see the rate of water constipation. And to test run off.

Any questions. Feel free to tag me. I'll get around when I'm free up from work.

Subbed up to tag along!

Thanks to you both! Your support is what makes AFN so :vibe:

Update: fed yesterday, upped grow nutes by 1ml per gallon. Everybody is well although Cindy is starting to show or I am just now noticing, a few rust spots on some of her lower larger leaves. I checked my run off and it was 5.6 so I am writing this off to humidity drops on her leaves when she was young and covered in her dome.
The two auto hempy pots are chugging along although they are showing signs of over watering to me. I'm going to let them dry out good and proper. The DWC bucket with the same strain is taking off.
I have noticed the two hempy buckets plants have different stalk colors. Weird as they have the exact same good water plant medium. This will be Interesting to watch.
Again thanks to all who have made me feel at home here.
Cindy saturday.jpg
DWC sat.jpg
Hempy1.jpg
Hempy2.jpg

As you can see got a little "canoe'ing" going on with the seedlings. The DWC is ripping right along.
Which leads me to ask myself.
"why watch paint dry when i can watch my plants explode in DWC?"
I don't know if i can take hempy growing when i have the know how and room to grow DWC monsters.

Thought I should keep my journal up to date. We have a birth to report. A baby Blue Toof. She looks lovely.
Hempy MBAP's look like they have finally found the reservoir as they jumped an inch or two last night. My photo Cindy is responding well to the extra CalMag and stacking like crazy. I am going to keep her in veg for a while.
Turned my light down to about %75 and the plants all responded positively. Just some FYI for the light guys and gals.
Thanks for visiting my journal. Thoughts, comments and advice are always appreciated.
77236b77bf4f7424d513807183b4d9a1.jpg
24a1db5f744b964fc4421349dcce01b5.jpg
d881fd68f47a2060266ef7a7bb9742e7.jpg
95b2a879b6fdd8dd5920cb2c08618313.jpg
7c1fd941351a51805c4989e8013a49e3.jpg
3055f1e5235bc37326ba3083554fe120.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Too early to tell for sure, But I believe I have two MBAP pheno's. It's looking like the DWC and one of the Hempys are the same. They both have longer middle water leaves than the other. They also have stretched outward more than the other plant, which has stayed more compact so far. Time will tell for sure. Blue Toof is off and running and has shed its seed shell. Its under a clear solo until the RH comes up a bit in my room. I am drawing air from the outside but the usually humid South just isn't today. I have been able to mist the concrete floor with water and let the light evaporate it it out which raises the RH considerably, but I am at 44% so i will let it ride for now.
Everybody is getting fed today. Going to make sure i get a real good flow out of the pots today. going to up the Grow nute to 5MLs per gal and and the DWC Bucket will get 10ML to stay under 900PPms for now. PH has been good and stable at 5.6 to 5.8 so i have been happy. That's what i was getting with my last grow and am thrilled i am back in the swing with RX Green solutions.

Back