Grow Mediums HemiSync's Autopot grow w/Fast Buds LSD-25 using coco/perlite & LED

Day 30

When I changed the reservoir on day 25 I decided not to turn it back on for 36 hours and vacuumed out the trays to give the girls a good dry period. They looked fine 2 days later and I turned it on. My reservoir when on its stand filled with 15 liters is right at 8.5 inches deep. To fill the trays it takes about 1.5 inches from the reservoir and today it was already down to 6 inches so in five days they drank about 1.5 inches of water. Using a rough estimate of 1.75 liters per inch they have drank well over 2.5 liters.

Sunshine
She is small but perky, still half the size of her sister but what can you do. Both girls are showing just a hint of tip burn. Gonna keep an eye on it, but that's as bad as it has progressed over the last 3 days so I think I'm okay.
Watermarked5(2016-12-03-1431).jpg
Watermarked3(2016-12-03-1431).jpg

Berkeley
She is short and bushy, looking like she is ready to spring up and head for the lights. I have done some light LST to her top. She was already getting a stiff main stem so wanted to keep her flexible.
Watermarked4(2016-12-03-1431).jpg
Watermarked2(2016-12-03-1431).jpg

Group Shot
Watermarked1(2016-12-03-1431).jpg

As always, if you see something, say something. Please.

Happy Growing everyone! :vibes:

Last edited:
Looking good hemi, it's crazy that they're lapping up ec of 1.6 for a plant that size.. Just a thought regarding the ph rising in the res.. Could you not bubble or leave the water for 24 hrs & then add to your main res as that way all the chlorine and other nastys would have dissapated & that will stop any more rises in ph?..

Bobs your uncle!!

Looking good hemi, it's crazy that they're lapping up ec of 1.6 for a plant that size.. Just a thought regarding the ph rising in the res.. Could you not bubble or leave the water for 24 hrs & then add to your main res as that way all the chlorine and other nastys would have dissapated & that will stop any more rises in ph?..

Bobs your uncle!!
Thanks BoYcIe. I'm just copying :bow:@Hansbricks's feeding schedule, that with these amazing autopots seem to makes the system pretty much hands free. So far this grow I have been in the garden mainly to look, talk to the girls, and take pictures. Nice change. :joy: I do agree the last boost in grow nutes might have been a week too early for this strain. Berkeley is eating it up, but Sunshine is showing stress. Next grow going to seriously consider a separate reservoir for each pot, I have the room so why not.

As for the pH, I distill my own water or use rain water, so there is no chlorine or other nasties in there. When I start adding nutes my water tests at or less than 0.02 EC and that includes the rainwater. After I setup my pump to just come on four times a day for 15 minutes to mix up the reservoir that solved the problem. The pump is large enough that it was aerating and warming up the water too much when running continuously. This job was not its original intended purpose, but was available for this project. In addition, I have promised :bow:@2Stoned2Care to stop checking pH and let it range where it will. :cooldance:And I'm really, really, trying not to. :rofl:

Thanks for the input and stopping by. Always nice to have visitors to the garden. :vibes:

Day 35

Not much to say, but the stretch has started. In five days they have drank six inches of water and jumped a couple inches each. Sunshine is just at twelve inches and Berkeley is towering at almost sixteen inches. I was seeing just a little too much edge burn from the nutes so I added 3 liters of cal/mag water about halfway into this reservoir just to back it off a little. This reduced the EC to 1.3 and both ladies seem to be enjoying it.

Sunshine
Watermarked2(2016-12-10-0232).jpg
Watermarked3(2016-12-10-0232).jpg

Berkeley
Watermarked1(2016-12-10-0231).jpg
Watermarked4(2016-12-10-0232).jpg

Group Shot
Watermarked5(2016-12-10-0232).jpg
Watermarked7(2016-12-10-0232).jpg

Day 37

Just a quick update because it's time to top off the reservoir. It was down to the top of the filter, so I added fifteen liters which brought it back up to 9.5 inches in depth. The nutes were a just a bit too strong last time so am keeping the ratios the same. I did discontinue the use of voodoo until later on in flower.
  • Cal/Mag 1.5 ml/l 0.60EC
  • Sensi Grow A & B 1.5 ml/l. After A - 1.06 EC After B -1.43
  • B52 0.75 ml/l 1.53 EC
  • Carboload 0.75 ml/l 1.54 EC
  • Terpinator 0.75 ml/l 1.60 EC
  • Drip Clean 1 ml/l 1.74 EC
After adding all the above pH was in range and after aerating for a couple hours 5.83 pH 1.70EC. Only time I'm checking these days is when mixing it up. No pH adjusters were used in this reservoir. @2Stoned2Care

I also did not like how fast Berkeley's main cola was starting to shoot straight up again, even after her last LST session. So, I bent her over again with some flexible plant tie just at the one point. This opened up her center and overnight all those growth points were reaching for the light making her canopy much more level. Even with this, she is at least 3 inches taller than Sunshine and becoming much bigger around. Here is a quick picture I snapped after changing out the reservoir.

Watermarked(2016-12-11-0812).jpg

Day 41

Well I almost wish I had the second reservoir. For one, the mix is too rich for Sunshine again while Berkeley is sucking it up. Secondly, I could see where Berkeley could wind up crowding her sister out of the tent with the right training. So for now I added enough distilled water to the mix to bring it back down to 1.3EC, which is where she liked it before.

Sunshine
You can see the stress in her leaves but she will snap back.
Watermarked1(2016-12-14-1246).jpg
Watermarked4(2016-12-14-1247).jpg

Berkeley
I have two of her tallest branches tied down to the sides of the pot.
Watermarked3(2016-12-14-1246).jpg
Watermarked5(2016-12-14-1247).jpg

Group Shot
Watermarked2(2016-12-14-1246).jpg
Watermarked6(2016-12-14-1247).jpg

Ye dude I see something a pair of happy plants one of the downsides of growing from seed different phenos different nute strengths it's just a case of finding a happy medium (I bought a spare res just for flushing)as I've never had them finish at the same time yet [emoji106]

I toke therfore I am so naaa

Ye dude I see something a pair of happy plants one of the downsides of growing from seed different phenos different nute strengths it's just a case of finding a happy medium (I bought a spare res just for flushing)as I've never had them finish at the same time yet [emoji106]

I toke therfore I am so naaa
I had so much faith in these autopots that I have another tent still in the box just in case I can't control two in one tent. Now I just need to grab that 13 gallon Rubbermaid trashcan I have eyeing at the local store. I have most everything else I need to connect it up. If I go that route it will have to wait until after my next trip, I'm a little afraid of what monsters I might find when I get back. :rofl:

Looking good man... A extra res or 2 is definitely a good idea I find my 2 girls are feeding differently also trying to find a happy place for them both has been a task 2 diff strains doesn't help me out either lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Looking good man... A extra res or 2 is definitely a good idea I find my 2 girls are feeding differently also trying to find a happy place for them both has been a task 2 diff strains doesn't help me out either lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Before my next grow I think it will become a reality. Both tents going each with their own autopot and light. That way if one of my ladies decides to fill the tent, she can FILL the tent. :pass:

Back