Hecno's on going organics

@Waira It is a paw paw tree , she is in her first year , I love eating the fruit and they are very good for you . @Eyes on Fire I love the smell of good dirt , :biggrin: :thumbsup:
View attachment 882952 View attachment 882953
6 days since last update .
View attachment 882954 View attachment 882955 View attachment 882956 View attachment 882957 View attachment 882962

Did you say that's a first year PawPaw? Insane.

I have two,, 2 yrs old, 2ft tall. My pal in Alabama has two, 5 yrs old at least, still not that big. We're putting them in half shade though.

:greenthumb: I love it Hec', I want one just for the leaves,... fruit is a bonus! What's it like?... That tree doesn't know how lucky it is to be in your yard Mate!.... I know the name, and there's a Paw Paw tree native to North America, but it looks totally different-->
2320.jpg

Asimina-triloba-Pawpaw-Tree-flower.jpg
images

:headbang: the COB Cubby girls are looking fine and dandy mate! .... I think the MAL really likes your climate, she seems to do well every time for you,... great bushy structure, nicely compact on them all,... I'm curious to see how the stretch goes with them,.. that's where the BBG excels! :vibe: Did you see the beast Hansbricks grew a little while back?

:greenthumb: I love it Hec', I want one just for the leaves,... fruit is a bonus! What's it like?... That tree doesn't know how lucky it is to be in your yard Mate!.... I know the name, and there's a Paw Paw tree native to North America, but it looks totally different-->
2320.jpg

Asimina-triloba-Pawpaw-Tree-flower.jpg
images

:headbang: the COB Cubby girls are looking fine and dandy mate! .... I think the MAL really likes your climate, she seems to do well every time for you,... great bushy structure, nicely compact on them all,... I'm curious to see how the stretch goes with them,.. that's where the BBG excels! :vibe: Did you see the beast Hansbricks grew a little while back?

That pic of adult papwpaw all lined up is frustrating as hell. Mine better do something this year. They are understory plants, and I wanted to have them be my middle story in a permaculture food forest area. They don't want to grow though. Apparently they will have to be moved to the sun and I need a new plant for the middle story. The improved varieties came out of Kentucky, called the Peterson PawPaws. They are supposed to have larger fruit and less seeds. They taste kind of like a cross between a mango and a banana to me.

https://www.petersonpawpaws.com/pawpaws-home

@Waira @Rev Green Genes They are different to what we call paw paw . Yours are Asimina triloba . -- papaya -- is another name we call them . And the fruit is very nice and sweet , there is also a lot of medicinal uses from the tree as well [ Cancer ] being 1
papaya-tree.jpg
Papaya__15231.jpg

and yes Waira I did see Hansbricks one , I don't think mine will get that big as it was on 12/12 for the first 2 weeks while the Indian girl was finishing . But I am very impressed with her growth structure , I will be running the strain again . Also the cob lights are just the ducks nuts . The light penetration is bloody awesome . The MAL is a bit of a stunner for me , best on I have grown so far , again I put it down to the cob lights , so far I have had no growing problems with with as I waited awhile and read all the comments and problems others had [ Light distance - Cal/mag ect ] before I got them . for the watts I have they use a lot less power then the Mars hydro I was using . And Rev -- I sort of have a food forest as I plant a lot of stuff around the yard that is edible , Fruit - veg - herbs - The photo of the little tomato plant is growing outside my room .-- Feral -- they are popping up all over the place .
DSC_0001.JPG

This photo is of the Photo plants, poor things have had a heap of rain on them and I have done some stuff ups , but that is ok they are more for teaching . I am more of a hands on bloke and learn by by giving it a go . :thumbsup:
DSC_0013.JPG

Hows this for a funny thing , my other son who lives here did not even know I had them . :mrgreen:

Guys , These cobs lights keep amazing me . I am getting growth that is unreal . The Blackberry Gum would have been taller if it was't on 12/12 for its first 2 weeks
I will grow more of these strain , Now the MAL is at 65 cm . I'm think at least a mtr with her . Just a recap . Soil - my own - Cal/Mag every water . I have used organic nutrients mixing my own NPK . and a Bat guano tea of my own making . Now this might sound a bit odd , but it is boring as nothing is going wrong .
--- So Far -- I have also taken lower leaves off when I believe they are redundant and small pop corn buds and training has only been leaf tucking . :thumbsup:
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG

Back