Hecno's on going organics

:doh:geez, me and my typo's,.... time for a corned beef sammy! :thumbsup:

>>> :bighug: Hi Callie, how are you luv? Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy to indulge! ..... I used to work at a species specialty orchid greenhouse, so for a while I got to indulge, greedily-:hump:.... many are not with me anymore, sadly, but pics are around at least!

that explains the mistake. I always remember labia instead of laelia... LOL. I failed plant ID for my terrible memory for names. retook it and did pretty good though.
:funny: a favorite play on words there, and apparently true to life!... figured you'd know what labia look like though,...:peek: :crying:

About time , The Autos have the room to them self's now , Photos are out side . I am very impressed with the Blueberry gum , very strong structure on her ,So far no problems , everything is ticking over nicely . [ Blackberry gum not blueberry ] :thumbsup:
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG

Last edited:
:jointman: very nice young'uns Hec', they are loving the lights and soil! Are the two Blackberry's from SeedStockers/DP? .... the Mex', that's on the list to try as well, I hear nothing but good things about her... Oh mate, who are the larger plants a couple pages back, slated for outdoor planting? :eyebrows:

@Waira they are Zamadelic x Yeti - and Defran x Sour Diesel - and I will be starting PNG x Durban Poison soon . again for outside , I have a spot out in the yard where I can grow them , not ideal but it all I have ,and looking at 2 grows a year . . I'll post you some photos of them when I get back room work . :thumbsup:

Well I have finely done it , Photos outside and I have every little experience with Photos . What we have here is a area outside where I can grow them in my yard , not the best place but it will have to do . I will be keeping them low due to the amount of people that come around home as in the Kids mates . I have a number of strains to try that I was given by some very experienced growers . All are heavy sativa % that will suit my area , When I get the timing right I can get 2 grows a year . There are 7 plants and 2 are Female and 2 are Male so far . The males are coming out . Anything above 2 Females is just great . The good thing is I can start them in the grow room with the Autos . Now a bit of bad news , We have a cyclone in the area which means we could get up to 8 inch's of rain in 36 hours - Bummer - But all is good because I can put corrugated iron on top . Also over time where I have the plants it will be one big soil patch . :thumbsup:
DSC_0027.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 51
:jawdrop: :woohoo: :d5: outstanding my good brother! I'm so so happy to see you taking the OD challenge- :amazon: ...and with such KILLER strains! Wooow, Zam' x Yeti, that African component should indeed be helpful in your climate,... Desfran! :yay:(aka Destroyer), one of the most enticing Sativas I've had my eye on to date! Have you read the Dutch Passion info on her? I drool every time,... crossed with SD, she may be a rather zippy buzz Hec', so maybe take little samples as you get near harvest to gauge her effects,... nobody likes a jittery speed-snorting buzz! :rofl: SD is kinda notorious for this, especially if taken early,... What's PNG stand for? I see that and think Papua-New Guinea- :rofl:
I think your spot is going to be perfect for lighting Hec', you've cut down that fierce, fierce direct Sun enough,... and the fact that you can shelter them from pummeling downpours is just tits mate! :woohoo1:..... now, what to do with the males? Even if you're planning to breed, I assume you don't want a mass knock-up and have little clean bud! :nono:

....How's things otherwise my friend,..? :passit:

Soil in the tropics .Seems it is pissing down with rain I thought I would do a update on my soils . To start off with towards the end of the wet season is the best time of year for soil life . I had the basic soil ready in the dry season and as the rain started I amended as the moisture level grow . Here is a list of what I put in - First up manure -- lots of horse ch:thumbsup:icken and cow manure all local . Whole fish frames again lots , these where from my son and his mates fishing trips . I did notice the frames and whole fish broke down very fast . Straw I also used a lot of , as the season progressed I added Bat Guano in pellet form, seaweed which is in liquid form , lime powder -- Worms -- well they came by them self's and lots of them , on a side note , Woods chips is what used for the base for building the soil
Now here is on item I will not ever not use , -- Organic egg cartons . -- Wow -- Truly amazing what is doe's . I strongly recommend using it . What I did was layered it in the beds and over a short time it becomes part of the soil and you end up with is awesome lite soil and the worms go Ape shit over it , they seem to love it . Another thing I used a lot of is 2 row barley which I powdered and spread over the top and mixed into the top layer [ Enzymes ] , again the worms loved it and helps with the break down of the inputs . Banana stems chopped up is another thing that I added along the way -- Now Remember -- This is a long time frame 10 months to get to this stage starting from scratch -- Worm Bins -- I have 3 on the go at the moment . As some of you know they are soil based , What do I mean by that is soil is the main component and I feed them what I know they are eating in the wild , again here -- Time -- not as fast as your normal way .[ Food scraps ] I do add things like Liquid seaweed - Molasses - Bat Guano powder - Barley powder - horse manure - Here is a photo .
DSC_0035.JPG

This next lot of photos is out of the big bin at the back , also the oldest , It was full of wood chip and now there is a good 10 inch of soil . also with this I keep covered to control the moisture .
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

My main aim when building soils is to use what is around me as best as I can . I am lucky as I live in a environment that has zero pollution . If any of you want to follow this path there is only one thing I can say --- Time --- is what it takes , this is not a quick way of doing it like with everything out of a bag , but don't get me wrong here , I have no problem with that way of soil building , not every one has a garden -- Also guys this is just how I do it . @Waira yes - Papua-New Guinea - The male will be pulled , I am not ready for breeding yet :thumbsup:.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 59
Back