Hecno's on going organics

6 day comparison .
dsc_0021-jpg.885392

B.B Gum .
dsc_0041-jpg.887696

:vibe: :hump: :vibe: Crikey! Lookie how fast they are stacking bud nodes- :greenthumb:- just blowing up! Better buy more jars mate, in a month or so you're gonna need'm :joy:...... Their health is amazing Hec', you nailed the soil for them,... not a speck of troubles to be seen! I usually worry about the micronutrients, the metals are easy to lack on, or have locked out,... What did you use to boost up things like Fe, Mn, Mo, B, Cu, Zn, etc.? .....Your tea is liquid magic - :wiz:- what's in that nice frothy brew you make? :eyebrows:
....Brilliant Hec'--- :clapper: :slap:... I can't wait to see how they turn out by harvest!

...oh, how's the Vanilla taking? I suggest training it to wind about the trunk,... Have you looked up how to cure the seed pods yet? My sister's friend uses dark rum to make the extract for cooking (store bought pods of course),... soooo tasty!

I'll just blonk this here . So I don't forget . :biggrin: [ worms and soil ] :thumbsup:

Abstract: Studies have shown that the earthworm, Lumbricus rubellus, is often less abundant in soils with lower pH. However, it is not known if earthworms physiologically cannot tolerate low pH or if low pH soils lack nutrients (e.g., calcium) that are necessary for earthworm survival. To determine the effects of pH, moisture, and calcium levels on earthworm distribution, soil samples were taken at four separate sites, and the pH, moisture, and calcium levels of each were recorded. Experiments were run by manipulating the pH, moisture, and calcium levels of these soils and adding worms from each of the sites to test soil preference of worms. The worms preferred soil with relatively high moisture, calcium, and pH levels. The preference by the worms depends upon the original pH, calcium, and moisture levels of the soil from which the worm was taken. Since acid rain affects soil pH and, therefore, calcium levels due to increased nutrient leaching, we conclude that an increase in acid rain could affect earthworm habitat. However, further studies are needed to assess the magnitude to which earthworm habitat would be affected. [less]

Here is a update on some photos I am playing with , All new to me growing outdoors .:biggrin:
DSC_0082.JPG

@Waira This is what I use , as well as liquid seaweed .
DSC_0060.JPG

We have a range of organic nutrients over here called Plant of Health , They have a full range of stuff so I make my own NPK ratios . I use it as I develop my skills in making soil . The combination of the 2 is working well for me so far . .The tea is made up of -- [ version 2 ] Worm castings 145 gram - Bat Guano powder 160 grams - Molasses 40 ml - Liquid kelp decreased to 20 ml - also added this time 10 ml Fish Hydrolysate which helped the microbes a lot better - 6 ml of phosphate solubilizing bacteria . to 12 litre of water and bubbled for 24 hours . I use it at 40 % I may bump it up to 50 % next feed . for potassium I have a Silica - Potassium - from Plant of Health that I use , but not in the tea . :thumbsup:
First season Local orchid .
DSC_0064.JPG

And lots of Bananas . Yum . :woohoo1:
DSC_0063.JPG

:smoking: --photo' plants look great man! Who's who in there mate, I really am drooling over those crosses! I see they're quickly blowing through the "roof"- :rofl: that's the African and South American Sativa sides talking there! :growing::doh:.... Hey, I saw the other day, CannaBioGen has their first ever auto out-- CBG Auto, and they used Destroyer in it! :woohoo: That just became the cherry atop my wish list :hump:....

:eek1: Bottled micros! Say it ain't so! :rofl:-- you mean you didn't go walkabout and mine the rare earth ores yourself?! I wouldn't put it past you (ditto for bat poo's)- :biggrin:- looks very good Hecno, as a matter of course, I put some in their feeds every week no matter what,.. a steady, ready supply is just smart! ..... Thanks for the tea recipe mate, what's the NPK on your bat guano?

:greenthumb: sweet orchid Hec', that's the Den. phalaenopsis right? Do you splash a little tea on them? I hope the Vanilla is doing well! ..... I'll post up some others here shortly,.. the Gongora has 2 spikes :woohoo1:... the Tillandsia argenta spikes are opening finally, so good pics of those coming up soon!.... I've been dividing a lot of stuff by necessity lately, and the monster Laelia is still to come- :doh: -- space is becoming an issue, with what's now 3 plants instead of 1.... Stanhopea, Clowesia, Maxillaria, Isabellia, even the tillandsia!...:help: :haha:.... that one was a big clump, but started falling apart finally,...

....lovely nanner's mate! Are they a sweet variety, or the starchy ones folks like to fry like chips? :drool:

Last edited:
@Waira The orchid is Dendrobium bigibbum and the bananas are what we call Lady Fingers - very sweet , and these are all we are able to grow not any commercially important cultivars . :nono::nono::nono: The reason these ones are not commercially important is because of sight appeal . The skins are thin and go dark , but does not effect the fruit inside . They grow by them self , I do nothing to help them .
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG

This mob of dirt is for my next grow . It is nearly done so I am just feeding it at the moment , see the picture of the worms , they are the native ones , it is full of them this size . I collected them over the wet season when they are easy to find , so the bin is chocker with them this size , [ good breeding size too ]
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG

Now this next dirt is for my attempt at a monster tomato . -- I hope -- I have made it to suit tomatoes -- again I hope -- Don't ask me what is in there as I forget , but trust me , it has every thing a tomato plant needs and some it didn't know it needs . :crying::crying::crying: Time will tell . I will be plant in it at the end of June . as That will give me prime time for its location , [ Sun - Heat ] I even have curly grubs in there , but that is ok , because they will be gone by time I need it .
It even has its own little house . :cooldance: .
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG

With the tomatoes , I have been practicing on root tip pruning . It goes like this -- Start in room - seedling in small pot -- transfer to bigger pot with holes for air pruning - then to bigger pot again - when ready to go into garden I trim lower leafs off and bury stem deep . . I helps with a big root mass . I make my own air pots and they work well , What I do is grab a beer or 2 - smoke a joint , heat up the soldering iron sit in the shade and poke a heap of bloody holes in them .
Dead easy . :mrgreen: Guys I am a small rural family business , and like most in Australia it is hard yakka and has a fair bit of stress that goes with it . With out my garden to come home to I would not have anything to take away the stress . Might help to if my bloody rug rats would leave home . :rofl: :thumbsup:
Nearly forgot . Waira Bat Guano -- Indonesian 0.12.0 .cal 29 - silica 10 .

Back