Hecno's on going organics

@WildBill Millipede farm is going great , I have worked out the pumice stone out , should have done it long ago . :thumbsup:
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

@WildBill Millipede farm is going great , I have worked out the pumice stone out , should have done it long ago . :thumbsup:View attachment 1712568View attachment 1712569

Never purposely grew millipedes before!:biggrin:Are those babies or adults? I know I've seen some awful big millipedes before!
Yeah, I've seen the definite improvement with using the pumice! I think it's pretty key with this organic guys because our media can get quite heavy, as you have experienced.
In January, I'll start my first grow with all BAS 3.0 media as a base. If it works as well as expected, my old media will be relegated to the flower beds. They need to be reworked anyway. The 3.0 has a ton of volcanic pumice. With this media when re-amending, I want to go to a less of a thermophelic type of cooking. And basically that just means that worms and other things will be doing the breaking down of the amendments and not just the rampant raging of microbes. I just don't know if I can do that year round. It would become essentially like having a large worm bin. I just don't know if I could do that outside.

I'd really like to just move to beds and actually keep a living structure going with an active living root zone and living cover crop. Kind of a quasi Ruth Stout style of grow................ Even though Ruth never grew cannabis ! :biggrin::eyebrows::haha::haha:
But that will have to wait till I get my grow room built in my shop room built in my shop

Back