Hecno's on going organics

Here we have the soil for the next grow , Well cured , You will see in one of the photos my son putting stuff on top of the soil , it is blended up banana stem , main use is for biological feed , it is blended with water and molasses , the a layer of sugar cane straw . The little pots in the middle come out and a seeding mix will go into fill the hole . I am trying a new [ to me ] biological mix , and as you can see I am back to my favorite pot size - 27 liter - These will get seeded in about 2 weeks , I like to get my pots ready to give them time to settle . @smokeyfromau I don't like Rocky Point . Another thing I will point out I reuse all my soil so most of the root system is still in the soil which will break down and add to the composition of the soil . Cow and Horse Manure play a big part as well as leaf litter . I have said many times -- curing the soil as in giving it time to balance out I believe is the secret to good soil . This is a journey I am loving and get great satisfaction out of , The end result is the best tasting weed you can get . I still have a way to go yet , but it is one soil at a time . As I go along my son is starting to understand the workings a lot better . :thumbsup:
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG

This is the start of the new batch .
DSC_0035.JPG

and the root system of the small girl .
DSC_0030.JPG

:pass: hey @hecno ! Buds are looking super nice and frosty, sure love your soil, with limited feeding needed from nutes. I was curious about leaving the roots in the soil. So Rocky Point isnt as good as Searles Organic Potting Mix or Garden Soil (which i thought with 6-7.5ph would be good in a pot, with perlite, but searles says for gardens). Eventually will have own soil:woohoo1:

Just caught up, Hecno! Nice harvest, man. Time flies! It seems like they just started flowering last week. NIce work with the little cup, too. Looks like at least an ounce of dense buds there. Another masterful job!

Looking forward to see what you can grow in those monster pots. Soil sounds amazing!

:greenthumb::headbang::greenthumb:another fantastic run Hec'! ...All under 9 weeks, very solid performance from them on that too- :coffee:

I'm taking this one out to dinner tonight (in my mind!)- :rofl: ... her body twin in Mandarine Fuel (5th down) is coming for dessert!
1603505483700.png

Brother @The_Skunkist is really cooking with gas lately :bravo:

:wiz: - very nice job on the Solo cup girl mate, she did well and made nice buds without being marinated in nutes constantly no less!

....When will the custom soil I ordered arrive? :rolleyes2::rofl:

ok guys I will post over the next 2 months What I add to my soil . First photo is what i had left from potting up and the soil from the last grow , all mixed well .
DSC_0035.JPG

I and this as my starting point to 10 liter of fish pond water , I water till I get a little run off . The dark bottle is unsulfured molasses and the clear jar is Bat guano powdered . The little yellow one is seas minerals . This will be the only time I use it .
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

i will keep posting as I add things . :thumbsup:

the soil , so today I gathered some horse manure and grated it up , I thing to remember is to make sure it is not fresh , but dried , the reason being you don't know if the horse has been wormed , by time it is dry [ aged ] the worming stuff has gone and you won't kill your worms in your soil mix . what I am after here is the organic mass , As you can see I use a Cheese Grater ,
DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0058.JPG

Once I have a pile I spread it over the soil .
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

now I water it with fish pond water and molasses . Ph of fish pond water is 7.6 with molasses added 6.1 which is fine at this stage , 3 liters to water with . damp not wet . Back in a minute . --- I'm back , wife has gone up town so I can have a early beer . :cheers::biggrin: I do prefer horse manure over cow because it is less broken down , 1 stomach not 4 - [ Rumen, Reticulum, Omasum and Abomasum ]. - . So it is a coarser texture
Over the next 8 weeks I will do this 2 more times . The last 4 to 6 weeks I do nothing . All amending I do is in the first 8 weeks . I would have put a layer of blended banana stem over the top , put I cooked the blender , have to save for a new one . :smoking: Well that's it this time around , time to cover the soil and let it be . :cooldance::thumbsup:
DSC_0064.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
the soil , so today I gathered some horse manure and grated it up , I thing to remember is to make sure it is not fresh , but dried , the reason being you don't know if the horse has been wormed , by time it is dry [ aged ] the worming stuff has gone and you won't kill your worms in your soil mix . what I am after here is the organic mass , As you can see I use a Cheese Grater ,
View attachment 1247446View attachment 1247447
Once I have a pile I spread it over the soil .
View attachment 1247448View attachment 1247449
View attachment 1247462
now I water it with fish pond water and molasses . Ph of fish pond water is 7.6 with molasses added 6.1 which is fine at this stage , 3 liters to water with . damp not wet . Back in a minute . --- I'm back , wife has gone up town so I can have a early beer . :cheers::biggrin: I do prefer horse manure over cow because it is less broken down , 1 stomach not 4 - [ Rumen, Reticulum, Omasum and Abomasum ]. - . So it is a coarser texture
Over the next 8 weeks I will do this 2 more times . The last 4 to 6 weeks I do nothing . All amending I do is in the first 8 weeks . I would have put a layer of blended banana stem over the top , put I cooked the blender , have to save for a new one . :smoking: Well that's it this time around , time to cover the soil and let it be . :cooldance::thumbsup:
View attachment 1247463

Loving the tutorial. No fish pond here, but I’ll be improvising.

@hecno :yay: thanks for the step by step how you go about making your soil. My fav i the tiny little Kmart blender but too small its only 13$ more liek a coffee grinder

:crying:poor girls have N toxcity atm the new batch of searled preimum mix is hot i am guessing smelt rich plus only orange fert beads not coloured. i should have got the organic mix if its avaliable, to think it used to be safe put seeds in, not anymore

Back