Hecno's on going organics

those plants look neautiful Bro, lovely green leaves, not a hint of overfeeding, and lovely sticky candy canes on their way - or do we call them Lolly canes over here?

As an 'Englander' I can inform you ALL (Iriee included) that Lollies are always on a stick... like those Chupachups.
View attachment 1202315

You can have Ice Lollies....
View attachment 1202317

But these.....
View attachment 1202318 are called Gummies

THESE ARE SWEETS....
View attachment 1202321

.... and this is Candy....
View attachment 1202334

Let's get it right Boys!

Well, I vote for the candy! Lol!

Yep . @Teetee Gummies is the one . :biggrin: Now back to soil , I have been thinking for a while now of another way to get Potassium into the soil from what is around me . So I looked further into the Banana plant which grow wild in my yard , And this is what I came up with --- banana stem chop and put into a food processor with a little water and blend it all up , -- stems are green -- Here is a chart of the NPK value .
View attachment 1202396 the samples in the chart are wet weight values .
Also worms love the mix . So what I do is get some rain forest leafs and lay them on top of the soil , then put the mushed up stems on top . It will all compost down nicely . :thumbsup:
View attachment 1202397View attachment 1202398View attachment 1202399View attachment 1202400

that’s some bad ass looking soil. No wonder your plants are always smiling!

DSC_0010.JPG

Howdy all , hope you are having a great day . :smoking: So here we are at day 20 into flower and all is well . What I am noticing is a strong smell of Lollies , I have never had that strong a smell before ,It is bloody nice -- I like lollies -- :biggrin: also starting to see a good showing of resin . oh and the stretch has stopped at just over a meter , so i have plenty of room height wise now .
:drool:you got me drooling already dammit! Sweet candy fruit aromas are tops with me - :d5:... and you say these girls are terp-bombing you already? that is bloody impressive! Their resin production this early is very encouraging.... Hmmm Hecno, you have me thinking hard about these Z99's! :eyebrows:
They have shown to be very flexible and hardy in veg', and prime time is yet to come! :greenthumb:

:chef: that blender concoction, I though you were gonna drink it at first - :tonic::rofl:

@Waira I did . I put some vodka in it . :biggrin: The smell is now passion fruit , I got my son to smell it , the cut a passion fruit in half and got him to smell that -The same Dad he says - Duck asked me - I could sort seeds for you or you can ask him , he is a top bloke . There is something ticking in my noggin here . I can see more photos down the the line . :smoking: :thumbsup:

Yep . @Teetee Gummies is the one . :biggrin: Now back to soil , I have been thinking for a while now of another way to get Potassium into the soil from what is around me . So I looked further into the Banana plant which grow wild in my yard , And this is what I came up with --- banana stem chop and put into a food processor with a little water and blend it all up , -- stems are green -- Here is a chart of the NPK value .
View attachment 1202396 the samples in the chart are wet weight values .
Also worms love the mix . So what I do is get some rain forest leafs and lay them on top of the soil , then put the mushed up stems on top . It will all compost down nicely . :thumbsup:
View attachment 1202397View attachment 1202398View attachment 1202399View attachment 1202400
Your a Frugal Genius Mr Henco,

I know my mother does that with rhubarb leaves when they fall off in her garden. I always thought they are to acidic but her rhubarb loves the leaves piled around them. she's done it for years and makes the best rhubarb pie ever. I know you can eat stem of rhubarb raw but not the leaves so i guess the oxalic acid in leaves must break down when they decompose.

@Mustang92 Any one can do it mate , The first step is understanding of nature around you , I always ask myself why does this do that or how does that big tree get so big with no one feeding it . It is all in the soil and how it gets fed . Soil is a big part of my growing and I enjoy it as much as growing a plant and using what is available around me comes into play - Time is a factor - In that I mean letting every thing come into balance .
Understanding nutrients and what they do is very important . Making mistakes is a good thing as you learn by it I still do and should not cause you grief . :biggrin:
I am also lucky that I have great biodiversity around me to learn from . There are members here on AFN that I take note of , One bloke that we all know is a sneaky bugger , he has great info tucked away in his post , little tip bits of info . There is one thing that is making me sad , It is young new members that have the money to buy all the you beaut gear and nutrients and have no concept of growing , so when things go wrong they just ask for help [ Which is ok ] but they can't be bothered to look around the site and all the info is here . -- Shame -- It all starts with the soil . :thumbsup:

1592505780722.png

Dont be so humble, hec! You're a great teacher, not a recipe lister
Only been lurking your thread for a year, but you are always dropping many of the same little tips through-out your posts :thumbsup:
everything seen here, is for a reason haha, nearly smacked myself in the head when your usual sign off clicked for me :doh: just had to read it a hundred times, It's funny when you read a sentence but it isnt until after that you understand the sentence

Thanks - DM - So here we are at day 25 for Z99 . one wee issue with the plant on the left side , a bit of nitrogen dificiency . I cut out nitrogen about 10 days ago , so next feed I will add some back in . it is one thing I have had to learn how to control and I think I have it sorted . :biggrin: one thing I would like to recommend is 3 things for those that are not using it . -- Fulvic acid - Humic acid - Amino acid - I have been using it for a while now and have it dialed in and I am seeing the difference and is well worth using. This is for you @Waira :cooldance: .Z99 has one of the best smells of any strain I have grown to date , as it progresses the passion fruit smell is still there but it softens into a warmer smell . The next feed I am going to give them a little bump -- Bat Guano and Liquid seaweed -- :thumbsup:
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG

Here is the out door girl , Fist day of sun in a week .
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG

Remember the banana stork blended up , all gone .
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG

Now here is a nice surprise . The lad came home and said Dad I got something you will like , and bugger me it is very good , full on sativa .
DSC_0003.JPG

Been a while since I have had good bush weed , No idea what strain it is . :smoking: :thumbsup:

Back