Hecno's on going organics

Howdy @trailanimal Very interesting that you have no worms , I would like to look into that and see what takes there place , It would mean micobes do all the work I would think . So come spring there would be a massive explosion of growth . That is what I see in your photos over the years . Our climates are worlds apart -- but the same -- :thumbsup:
View attachment 1160395
@invisiblecomplication They are little plastic measuring cups [ 30 ml ] I get them from the chemist [ drug store ]
cool greenman! I once had a worm farm with my inlaws, decades ago. 2 acres covered in feeding worms. I hauled manure from local dairies and waste pulp from Simpson Paper plant. Too cold up here for earthworms, although if warming continues may get them. I've seen 3 frogs in 25yrs up here. I could grow em indoor but the work to yield ration ain't there. And I can grow piles of compost. I need lots to make soil from silt, mountain dust. A mulch of compost constantly feeds microbes at the soil surface, the zone of transformation. The vig of my plants in a stressful environment gotta come from the soil. Spring here is an awesome experience, it's Life on Life. I want a microscope, I can only imagine what this vernal microbial explosion looks like. Unseen allies making all life possible on this Blue Bean.

:vibe:SFBB is turning into another beasty-girl like her cousin did! With the GG#4 parent in there, she'll be buried in resins very likely- :headbang:

:thumbsup: nicest Croton I have ever seen Hec,... but the Paw-Paw = :jawdrop::growing::jawdrop: -- holy fekking poop-tea batguanoman!! It was the size of ONE of those branches last time I saw! ...look at the trunk FFS,... Hec is it a known fast grower like this? I mean one year in any case seeing this much growth is astonishing!
Blown clean away mate, has you been top dressing it with Magic stuff or what? :d5:

:rofl:-chickens, aka Goanna snax's! Is that the lone survivor?

:watering: Hec mate, some more Cymbidium pics! This is a 45+ year old cultivar, growing in the ground in full shade at my Aunty's house... amazing durability, huh?!

>> day shot --->
g1.jpg

>>. night, w/ flash --->

g4.jpg
g7.jpg
g6.jpg

g9.jpg

Cymbidium what great orchids , grow well in the tropics too , Waira it surprised me when I found out how long they can live for . The orchid in the photo is a
Genus Corbas , this one is found in PNG at 1000 to 1500 mtrs , for those that don't know Papua New Guinea has the largest selection of orchids in the world
and they find new ones all the time .
1582137007377.png

Back to cannabis . Here is a photo .
DSC_0014.JPG

This time I did not want any nitrogen in the mix , the reason being there is enough at the moment , as we are at week 3 of flower this is what I came up with ,
So no N as such only a tinny bit in the pro biotic , also no fish pond water , I used dechlorinated tap water only P and K 1/3 rd of what is recommended . more of a top up for the soil . These are all microbe food as well , I well tell you a bit about my soil . The base is what I find in my local environment , it may be made up of 3 to 4 different types of soil , It tends to be heavy in organic matter which is where the worms come into play I use native worms which I also find , I can get heaps , Perlite - pumice - that type of thing I don't use . I find I have no need to . I add powdered Bat Guano , Kelp , Fass - Horse manure - [as a top layer ] Humic acid - Amino acids - Molasses - Fish Hydrolysate - sea salts - . This is all blended in . It is at the very least 3 months before it is used . Along the way I feed the soil . and top up the horse manure . I have no set amounts just what I think , I strong believe the microbes balance the whole thing
out , I also never water to run off . Some of you will be thinking no perlite ect for drainage , Don't need it , The soil works perfect with out it , until I know more I believe it is to do with the organic content in the soil . I also never water to run off in the pots , what does come out of the pot is sucked back up , I do water slowly .My soil ph seems to always be PH 7 which I believe is not a problem because organic soils have a better PH range for nutrient uptake by the plant .
This is my style of organic growing .
Here Is a bud shot , 7 day dry . now for the cure , Just on 154 grams Dry [ 5.5 once's ]. :thumbsup: One of the lower buds .
DSC_0019.JPG

Cymbidium what great orchids , grow well in the tropics too , Waira it surprised me when I found out how long they can live for . The orchid in the photo is a
Genus Corbas , this one is found in PNG at 1000 to 1500 mtrs , for those that don't know Papua New Guinea has the largest selection of orchids in the world
and they find new ones all the time . View attachment 1160796
Back to cannabis . Here is a photo .
View attachment 1160797
This time I did not want any nitrogen in the mix , the reason being there is enough at the moment , as we are at week 3 of flower this is what I came up with ,
So no N as such only a tinny bit in the pro biotic , also no fish pond water , I used dechlorinated tap water only P and K 1/3 rd of what is recommended . more of a top up for the soil . These are all microbe food as well , I well tell you a bit about my soil . The base is what I find in my local environment , it may be made up of 3 to 4 different types of soil , It tends to be heavy in organic matter which is where the worms come into play I use native worms which I also find , I can get heaps , Perlite - pumice - that type of thing I don't use . I find I have no need to . I add powdered Bat Guano , Kelp , Fass - Horse manure - [as a top layer ] Humic acid - Amino acids - Molasses - Fish Hydrolysate - sea salts - . This is all blended in . It is at the very least 3 months before it is used . Along the way I feed the soil . and top up the horse manure . I have no set amounts just what I think , I strong believe the microbes balance the whole thing
out , I also never water to run off . Some of you will be thinking no perlite ect for drainage , Don't need it , The soil works perfect with out it , until I know more I believe it is to do with the organic content in the soil . I also never water to run off in the pots , what does come out of the pot is sucked back up , I do water slowly .My soil ph seems to always be PH 7 which I believe is not a problem because organic soils have a better PH range for nutrient uptake by the plant .
This is my style of organic growing .
Here Is a bud shot , 7 day dry . now for the cure , Just on 154 grams Dry [ 5.5 once's ]. :thumbsup: One of the lower buds .
View attachment 1160822
I also shoot for no run off. Why wash nutes outta soil? I grow in fabric pots. When I water I concentrate on the center at first, watering around plant till I'm sure it's juiced. Then I move toward the edge of the pot where it dries first. I makes sure this edge zone gets well watered. Get some run off between soil and pot. When the fabric pot material is saturated must work like an evaporative cooler for soil and plant ona a hot one.
Inviting buddage as usual :d5:

Lets see what happens :biggrin: In the bucket is Fish Pond water , but it is the sludge from the bottom [ 800 liters ] I have no idea how to use it so I used two liters and one liter of plain water with molasses .
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG

Then I fed it to this girl , :eek1: I did wait for her to grow up a bit and I am sure she can handle it -- I hope -- We will see soon enough . :smoking::hippy:
DSC_0029.JPG

Last edited:
and they find new ones all the time .

cool2.gif
Oh yeah, I've forgotten about Corybas'! Very interesting genus mate, some of the wildest looking flowers out there! Have a gander at orchidspecies.com, the best site of it's kind hands down.... Are they native to your area?
PNG is a treasure trove for reals - :thumbsup: They have some of the best Nepenthes spp. too! Haven't you see any for sale around your area, or online?

:drool: oooo, nice bud Hec'! How's she turning out for potency and dry aroma? ...pretty looking too...

Soil mastery continues mate - :bow:... a very good point about perlite/pumice, makes me think it's a plot to add useless fillers to most soils! :shrug:...certainly isn't in the ground, a fact overlooked apparently,...
I think the gentle tickling with PK boosting pays big dividends with your soils, and other types like it... Hard to argue with the results and yields!
Mate how are you testing the soil pH, just curious? I know sometimes I get pots close to or at 7.0 with no signs of troubles, ditto for 6.0, but not always,.. I think the humic-fulvic and the 'crobes are the hero's here, keeping them chelated and locked away from other anions that will compound them into unavailable forms. Even if the pH isn't "spot on", this wiggle room effect comes into play!
Sea salts, again humic fulvic comes into play with the same deal,... that and many folks don't realize Cl- is a micronutrient... I've been slipping dashes of salt substitute (KCl) into my feeds...
I also shoot for no run off. Why wash nutes outta soil? I grow in fabric pots. When I water I concentrate on the center at first, watering around plant till I'm sure it's juiced. Then I move toward the edge of the pot where it dries first. I makes sure this edge zone gets well watered. Get some run off between soil and pot. When the fabric pot material is saturated must work like an evaporative cooler for soil and plant ona a hot one.
Inviting buddage as usual :d5:
I've been more on this side generally, but when using synthetics (like MC), I think some of my problem plants might have been getting some build-up and suffer antagonistic uptake issues,... Skunk Special got kinda bitchy about P defc., pH was OK, but fans were getting eaten too fast, all P defc. symptoms,.. I got sick of monkey'ing around and did a flush and tested run-off a few times... it was undoubtedly loaded in there, exceeding 1000ppm at first! :doh:
When I did slurry testing to compare results with the Accurate 8 vs pH meter, I tested ppm too... I uses 1:1 soil/water too, I wanted less dilution for this... The ppm's were both under 350,.... So, I may do a pre-bloom flush, just to reset the table in there before I go to the mainly organic bloom nute regime (Root Organics Terp Tea is nice stuff, BTW)...

Lets see what happens :biggrin: In the bucket is Fish Pond water , but it is the sludge from the bottom [ 800 liters ] I have no idea how to use it so I used two liters and one liter of plain water with molasses .
I'll take a cuppa! :drool::haha:

View attachment 1161338 Oh yeah, I've forgotten about Corybas'! Very interesting genus mate, some of the wildest looking flowers out there! Have a gander at orchidspecies.com, the best site of it's kind hands down.... Are they native to your area?
PNG is a treasure trove for reals - :thumbsup: They have some of the best Nepenthes spp. too! Haven't you see any for sale around your area, or online?

:drool: oooo, nice bud Hec'! How's she turning out for potency and dry aroma? ...pretty looking too...

Soil mastery continues mate - :bow:... a very good point about perlite/pumice, makes me think it's a plot to add useless fillers to most soils! :shrug:...certainly isn't in the ground, a fact overlooked apparently,...
I think the gentle tickling with PK boosting pays big dividends with your soils, and other types like it... Hard to argue with the results and yields!
Mate how are you testing the soil pH, just curious? I know sometimes I get pots close to or at 7.0 with no signs of troubles, ditto for 6.0, but not always,.. I think the humic-fulvic and the 'crobes are the hero's here, keeping them chelated and locked away from other anions that will compound them into unavailable forms. Even if the pH isn't "spot on", this wiggle room effect comes into play!
Sea salts, again humic fulvic comes into play with the same deal,... that and many folks don't realize Cl- is a micronutrient... I've been slipping dashes of salt substitute (KCl) into my feeds...

I've been more on this side generally, but when using synthetics (like MC), I think some of my problem plants might have been getting some build-up and suffer antagonistic uptake issues,... Skunk Special got kinda bitchy about P defc., pH was OK, but fans were getting eaten too fast, all P defc. symptoms,.. I got sick of monkey'ing around and did a flush and tested run-off a few times... it was undoubtedly loaded in there, exceeding 1000ppm at first! :doh:
When I did slurry testing to compare results with the Accurate 8 vs pH meter, I tested ppm too... I uses 1:1 soil/water too, I wanted less dilution for this... The ppm's were both under 350,.... So, I may do a pre-bloom flush, just to reset the table in there before I go to the mainly organic bloom nute regime (Root Organics Terp Tea is nice stuff, BTW)...

I'll take a cuppa! :drool::haha:
I've never been attracted to bottled nutes for this very reason. Early on I decided a good plant was good enough. Pushing yield with chems seemed a fast tract to trouble for me, not to mention $. My patience in growing soil is beginning to pay off. No instant grats here, lol

Things are mighty fine at day 51 . Buds are starting to bulk up now and even the side branches have very good size to them . :joy:
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Now for Miss Fish Sludge :kiss:
Recap
1582442878909.png

3 days later just fine . By the way she is Gorilla Auto by @The_Skunkist. The small young one is Auto Mazar x Auto Gorilla .
DSC_0007.JPG

@Waira I use a accurate 8 to test the soil , which I don't do anymore as it always shows Ph 7 .With the Corybas Nepenthes we have 3 types here is one
that grows just north of me , as for the little one in the last post , no I do not have one it is a highland orchid 1000 plus meters PNG .
1582445662596.png

Back