Hecno's on going organics

@Waira I use a accurate 8 to test the soil , which I don't do anymore as it always shows Ph 7 .With the Corybas Nepenthes we have 3 types here is one
that grows just north of me , as for the little one in the last post , no I do not have one it is a highland orchid 1000 plus meters PNG .
:rofl: well either the meter is busted or your soil is rock solid stable! Have you tried testing it on soil you know isn't going to be 7.0? Try it at work or something,.. you can always do a slurry test to compare too... I do on occasion, just to make sure the A8 is still up to snuff. So far, between two soils the slurry and A8 readings have been within +/- 0.2pH... I do the slurry with 1:1 soil/water, not 1:2... I think it waters stuff down too much to show what the roots are likely experiencing...
You know, I think you mentioned having Nepenthes locally, but wasn't sure if you were growing one yet?
Corybas are natives there, but you'll have to do some research to find out which ones may be close to you,.. They might be one of those types that are dastardly difficult to grow as a hobby plant!

:zen:nice yard shot mate... I dig the look of a neat but well used hobby zone!
.... baby 'Roses are doing well? And pass me some banana and paw-paw fruit salad - :rofl:

:spels: Sticky chick has a very appealing structure to her Hec', nice symmetry... buds chunking up, frosting getting thick!
--- fish goo is apparently tasty! :rofl: That one has really fill out quickly... What strain is your lad running? :greenthumb:way to share the love Pops!

Ok @Waira I have just done a slurry on the main soil . I cup water ph 7.2 [ rain water ] soil ph 7 [ -- A8 -- ] 1 cup soil mixed well , I let sit for 15 min , Blue Lab ph pen . For a ph of 6.8 . I will test the soil ph at work today . and no I don't have any of those orchards , I am at saturation point with growing plants , here at home and work , plus maintaining the rest at work . :whew: The sons plant is a Mazarilla Auto , The same as the smallest plant I have growing .
DSC_0007.JPG

A part from the soil I am leaving it up to him , but I will advice him if he asks , which I have done . I want him to understand what doe's what , so i explain things as we go . :thumbsup:

:smoking: looks to be in spec' to me! But a better test will be with soil that's not near 7.0, juuuust to be sure,... :thumbsup:

Guess what me old mate @Waira all the soil here is Ph 7 fancy that . :crying: :crying: :crying: Yep it is buggered . My work mates thought I was nuts going around checking all the different soils :biggrin: So there must be a lot in play I am yet to fully understand , Now let me put this past you . High organic content---
Bat Guano -- Sea weed -- Fish pond water -- Molasses --- Lots of native worms --- Humic acid --- Native compost --- Some fruit compost now and again ---
Sea minerals --- Different soils form different spots , --- very old Turkey nest --- native microbes --- Phosphate solubilizing bacteria --- Aged horse manure ---
:whew:Soil is watered to very very little run off , keep damp , --- if to wet worms run away . :nono: never aged under 3 months , Nearly all the time 4 plus . When I do water it is to feed the soil microbes . --- Molasses - Fish pond water --- Soil temp doe's not go below 20 c -- summer -- 24 c -- Now am I right am thinking time is the factor here --- Time --- gives it time settle and lets the microbes to sort things out . Waira , you and Mr eyes have taught me so much , I value your input .
immensely . :thumbsup:

Ps I forgot , I don't measure the amounts , just what I think or what I can get , No soil is the exact same , all are different in some way .

Guess what me old mate @Waira all the soil here is Ph 7 fancy that . :crying: :crying: :crying: Yep it is buggered . My work mates thought I was nuts going around checking all the different soils :biggrin: So there must be a lot in play I am yet to fully understand , Now let me put this past you . High organic content---
Bat Guano -- Sea weed -- Fish pond water -- Molasses --- Lots of native worms --- Humic acid --- Native compost --- Some fruit compost now and again ---
Sea minerals --- Different soils form different spots , --- very old Turkey nest --- native microbes --- Phosphate solubilizing bacteria --- Aged horse manure ---
:whew:Soil is watered to very very little run off , keep damp , --- if to wet worms run away . :nono: never aged under 3 months , Nearly all the time 4 plus . When I do water it is to feed the soil microbes . --- Molasses - Fish pond water --- Soil temp doe's not go below 20 c -- summer -- 24 c -- Now am I right am thinking time is the factor here --- Time --- gives it time settle and lets the microbes to sort things out . Waira , you and Mr eyes have taught me so much , I value your input .
immensely . :thumbsup:

Ps I forgot , I don't measure the amounts , just what I think or what I can get , No soil is the exact same , all are different in some way .

:doh: feekin' thing! Yar, if you get the same reading in pot after pot, different soils etc., then it's wonky alright...that sucks mate, but it happens with these less than amazing quality products- :rofl: ... I can't account for why mine still works well, aside for good care and practice... I assume you have scrubbed the tip fresh, no tarnish or corrosion? My old client got one when we started, and his died in 18 month, sitting in an outside storage closet in the damn Sun with other chemicals... I'm sure this buggered the insides! ...... Can you bark a little and get it replaced as defective?
As for your soil, dude, I'm your student, not the other way around! But that's what the books and brother Eof says about true TLO, the soils' biological and component chemistry are in a beautiful cycle of uptake/release/change, a built in buffering beyond the basic carbonate actions...
With all that you do, your soil must me practically walking out of the yard for all the biological activity in there! :vibe:

:crying: I see the leek is still alive and uneaten! Soooouuuuup, mon....:jointman:

:spels: Oh, that Sticky Chick is juicy one alright mate,... she's mirroring the other one, staying green late into the game... the soil is working like a charm, keeping plenty of goods around but not too much at once, meanwhile the plants is not having to tap internal stores just yet...
...rest of the crew is falling in line beak-to-tail! :greenthumb:
.... Den. speciosums are loading up a ton of flowers, pics in a week or so... :woohoo1:

He we are at day 67 Sticky Finger x Big Bud , Plain water and feeding off what is left in the soil and herself . Time till harvest , I'll let her tell me . :smoking: :thumbsup: View attachment 1165922View attachment 1165923View attachment 1165924View attachment 1165925View attachment 1165926View attachment 1165927View attachment 1165928
Tasty looking buds master Hec!

I usually chop when pistils are dark brown and old looking like that. Especially when most pistils are not standing up in action no more. Maybe an extra few days to a week tops. Otherwise, I’m just inviting bud rot.

Back