Hecno's on going organics

Part 1 --I have some time on my hands and cold beer in the fridge so here we go . :cheers: :smoking: Big Bud x AK107 is done and dusted . :thumbsup:
Day 72 chopped , I have not had anything to do with AKs before , Big Bud I have , i can see BB is a great to use as a x , Bud structure on this plant is awesome , buds are heavy and very tight with very little pop corn buds as such . Growing is easy so no problems there . Wet weight went 705 grams with 11 grams pop corn . Here she is . :thumbsup:
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

:vibe:--- :drool: that is one solid sparkly beast Hec', ripened to perfection - :d5: ... she has shown some impressive mold resistance too with that RH%!
Still holding the berry + mystery aroma?

:coffee: whoa, that Sticky BB is cranking along now! Another jar buster on the way mate- :bow:

---- 'Roses looking gorgeous as always,... top right one has a very interesting shape, might be my fav' so far! :kiss:
....I hope that guy over there can get you seeds of that white blush combo one,... 'course, it'll be a while growing it out- :rofl:

:bighug::passit: EoF my man! Good to see you about brudda, I hope you're faring well enough! I had a quick peek, and you're up to your tit's in girls right now- :rofl: -- a very good sign I say,...

>>>> OK mates, as per request by Hec', some fresh orchid pics....

Stanhopea saccata
View attachment 1157928View attachment 1157929View attachment 1157930View attachment 1157931View attachment 1157932

Hey ya Waira ,good to see you to broseph.Im sure things are kicking around for you a lot.Im feeling worse but this whole disease BS is for the fkn birds bro..I been bored so I figured I pop in for a spell since I heard theyre trying to go back to a learning/Teaching vibe forum which in all honesty,has lost a good bit of momentum imo. but eith way,its fun to be back for a spell. :bighug::pass::smokeout:

Part 2 -- First up next girl Sticky Fingers x Big Bud -- Day 37 , not sure how long in flower , maybe just over 2 weeks , not that it matters I go by the look of the . I already can see this girl is built for weight , it is a very solid plant and same training as before ,
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG

Ok now I will try and explain how I do things , I believe it is all in the soil , this is what I spend most of my time learning because I make my own and use what I can find around me , -- But I still use nutrients that I add to the soil as I am building it and a small amount along the way , Here is a line up of what I use
mostly . All Australian products . Early in my growing I tried all the big name brands , but bloody hell the cost a lot , the more I understood nutrients and how
they work the the more I diverted from them and saved money big time , My use is 10 % of what I used to feed the plants with because of the soil and how I build it . at this stage due to work ect I am very happy with the way things are going , --IF -- YOU SPEND TIME -- to understand how things grow you will grow great plants , by buying ready made soil you do not get to understand as soil is the base you need to grow well , I learnt from the senior organic growers here and I pestered the hell out of them . Here is my observation that I am seeing about organic growing , as I see the USA becoming more legal , company's are jumping on the organic band wagon , Here is the dirt and here is the feeding chart , now you are a organic grower , :rofl: I don't mean to offend anyone here but that is not how I see it .
DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

Ok roots , 27 liter pot , this is another thing a look at and spend time understanding .
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG

This is just as important to know about . Next time you young ones are on you I phone or what ever you have and a mate says are you on face book , just say narr , I on google learning how to build soil . @Waira not far from the pot now .
DSC_0036.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    575.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Part 1 --I have some time on my hands and cold beer in the fridge so here we go . :cheers: :smoking: Big Bud x AK107 is done and dusted . :thumbsup:
Day 72 chopped , I have not had anything to do with AKs before , Big Bud I have , i can see BB is a great to use as a x , Bud structure on this plant is awesome , buds are heavy and very tight with very little pop corn buds as such . Growing is easy so no problems there . Wet weight went 705 grams with 11 grams pop corn . Here she is . :thumbsup:View attachment 1158211

BB Martini haha nice one! Got to be happy with that harvest figure :thumbsup:

Garden looks fantastic mate! Pics are stunning! Even cats and dogs find peace together in your garden! haha :smoking:

Having some trouble with micronutrients with Biotabs in my light potting soil (20% perlite / 25% vermicompost / 55% light peat mix 5.5-6.5PH and 400-600ppm)

I already plan to add 40g dolomite lime to my 3-4 gal soil mixes in future to help with PH and Ca + Mg.

For the micronutrients as soil amendments or perhaps top dressing during the grow I am looking at:

1) Azomite (seems perfect except has chlorine)

2) Chelated EDTAs (in pic at bottom)

3) seaweed extract powder

4) dictateameous earth

5)
Do you have any suggestions? I preferably just want to adding minerals /micronutrients and not much extra NPK.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 05.35.56.png

Last edited:
@Waira first up you know I love orchids , keep the photos coming :woohoo1: Right I am building up the orchids at work at the moment , dividing them ect , now is the time to do it here -- Wet Season -- Give me a year or some and I will have a awesome display , I already get comments on the Resort Gardens , The boss trust me and lets me do what I want 90 % of the time . I have already saved them a lot of money because I am good at propagating plants . The SF x BB is a Auto from BW as well , BW gave me very little info , not that it matters I just Googled the stain info . Fish water I have know idea and the cost to get it tested is very high here in Australia . This chart is what started me on it . I take water from the top 3rd only
View attachment 1155069
Now here is something I want to show you guys , remember how I said I mix soil from what I can find , This is my latest find , First we have soil
composted down leaf litter from a tamarind tree . Shit load of worms . View attachment 1155070View attachment 1155071View attachment 1155072View attachment 1155073
Next is mango tree leaf litter Heaps of worms here too .View attachment 1155074View attachment 1155075
i just mix it into my base soil , doing it this way I always get a soil ph of 7 . and it works well for me . I also reuse my soil that is why I at least go no less than 3 months curing after I have added what I want , closer to 5 months most times . then it is just a matter of feeding the soil . and the soil blends into a living system . -- Hopefully -- :biggrin: @Eyes on Fire It was you that got me started down this track . I love it , but the wife thinks I am going mad , bringing home buckets of dirt from here and there and tubs of worms . :rofl: :thumbsup:

man, if I could find Dark Gold like this I'd be ecstatic!
G'day Cobbers . All is well in Hecno Land , Now that I am home from work . I dug up and shifted 300 pavers . Mowed around the swimming pool and other stuff , 38 C again 85 % humidity . :cuss:, the funny thing about the day . I had a 24 year old to help , fit looking lad, so here I was thinking cool I can have a bit of a bludge , Silly old me , After 2 hours I had to knock him off purely for safety reasons . --- Heat and Humidity --- You don't come to the tropics to live if you can't handle the environment . 24- 59 :eyebrows::biggrin: .
Big Bud x AK 107
View attachment 1157159View attachment 1157161View attachment 1157162View attachment 1157164
Big Bud x Sticky Finger ..
View attachment 1157165View attachment 1157166View attachment 1157167
colariffic :drool:

Back