Hecno's on going organics

Here is a look at the soil I am making with rain forest leaf litter and It is breaking down a lot faster than I thought it would . The worms are doing a great job [ native soil worms ] and there are heaps in there . For moisture I have a thick bit of plastic type stuff that covers it then a bit of ply onto .top . I just take it on and off to control the moisture . works great and it is around 26 days ago I started with the leaf . This photo was the start .
View attachment 1001009
View attachment 1001010
Now
View attachment 1001011
View attachment 1001012
Under the leaf layer . This is what attracted me to soil worms and the way they behave over composting worms .
View attachment 1001014
You can't help but think . when you have this to study . @robbio
View attachment 1001018
The lid and bin .
View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001022

78f46cffbc33c3130008eba7bb4e7016--don-t-wait-wait-on.jpg

I read somewhere, long ago, that the microbial life in the rainforests is off the chart and are the major reason for the fast breakdown of plant material. Heck, with all the massive growth and generation of biomass, that area BETTER have an incredible composting system; or it would quickly become engulfed in dead biomass.

Plants looking as amazing as always, brother!:headbang:
:pass:

Now at day 50 . I had to up the calcium on the back plants , apart from that they are coming along nicely . But never again , to much work .:biggrin: :thumbsup:
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0048.JPG
DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG

The rains are here . :woohoo: I love this time of year , every thing comes alive , It's hard to explain but you can feel the life force exploding . I have some good things planed for the season , mostly things to do with soil building and microbes and native Rain Forest composting . :woohoo1: :thumbsup:
View attachment 985044 View attachment 985043
your yard always soothing to me
Day 14 @Tobe , All is good , they are growing nicely and have a nice structure , so far they have only a worm tea and are still living off the soil , but I will start feeding soon . :thumbsup:
View attachment 987074 View attachment 987075
and love your strawy mulch!
Another Hi Tech addition , Diy co2 generator , just been primes , so lets see what happens , I'll post as soon as I see it is working . Good ho hear from ya Vas hows things mate and Mr @Eyes on Fire Ya a funny bugger . :biggrin: :thumbsup:
View attachment 988066 View attachment 988067
oh yeah, I've been thinking about this since i saw a few days ago. If grow room was planned to accommodate a 5 gal brew bucket, you could do brew as ya bud, when active lots of CO2 discharged. My tiny mind struggling with multi-tasks.:smoking:

Last edited:
Here is a look at the soil I am making with rain forest leaf litter and It is breaking down a lot faster than I thought it would . The worms are doing a great job [ native soil worms ] and there are heaps in there . For moisture I have a thick bit of plastic type stuff that covers it then a bit of ply onto .top . I just take it on and off to control the moisture . works great and it is around 26 days ago I started with the leaf . This photo was the start .
View attachment 1001009
View attachment 1001010
Now
View attachment 1001011
View attachment 1001012
Under the leaf layer . This is what attracted me to soil worms and the way they behave over composting worms .
View attachment 1001014
You can't help but think . when you have this to study . @robbio
View attachment 1001018
The lid and bin .
View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001022

78f46cffbc33c3130008eba7bb4e7016--don-t-wait-wait-on.jpg

your climate and rainy season, not surprising 2me, rapid decomp. I'm a little jelly about this, oh well, we all have our grow challenges

Back