Hecno's on going organics

:smoking:--good to know your local 'pedes aren't that toxic, ditto for the ants and snakes! This guy was in Borneo I think,... Hec', no Taipans, Tigers, Brown's, Adders etc. around you? --Snake-drops! A buddy here lives in East Asia, and has had dinners disrupted by flying snakes landing on the table fleeing predators of going after lizards! :yoinks: ...mmm 5m Scrubby, not the most comfortable thing to meet at home :rofl:... was it nasty, or did it just move along? .... 'JT, the Aussies are rather "unlucky": less the 20% of snake spp. are venomous, but they have more venomous ones than non-venomous! An artifact of long time separation from other continents,...

...ahh crap, the trippy landrace girl is gone? Small wonder, with a yard of rain going through,.. sucks man, I was very interested,...

Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!!? I knew they had some rare species and dangerous shit down there, but wtf?!?!?!!?! I've grown up outside of Boston most of my life, whereas the only things that are poisonous, are the nasty cunts from around the way.... lol Other than that, I could literally go the rest of my life without the fear of being stung, bitten, snagged or choked by a predator.. Although, my time in the military in some rather shitty places conditioned me for some creepy crawly stuff, I think the outskirts of the big cities of Australia would almost be my limit, unless I had a regular local that could navigate/provide machete for me to feel safe.. lol

@hecno With all that rain, have you ever considered trying to grow psylocybin shrooms?? Not sure how much you guys enjoy those, but with that much moisture, I'd think it'd be rather easy to do, especially w/ that much real estate!!!!!

Also, do you collect rain water??

:smoking:...that's good to hear Hec'! If I ever move to Australia, I'll be asking specifics from you- :rofl:

...gaaahhh-- :sadcry: that's a horrid thing you had to do my friend, truly sorry to hear about the pup,... this biologist gets the "why" behind such fierce venoms, but it doesn't make it any less harsh when you see what it does to that which doesn't die in moments outright,...

... dude, you're the only chap I know that has his own biologically self-generating composter! The pythons are just security... and part of the fertilizer team- :rofl: It looks pretty good actually, maybe a bit chunky, but otherwise-:greenthumb: -- did you take a pH reading? that much barky stuff might have high tannins and acidity,.. let us know how the bush-beans do in it! .... :d5: soil looks simply cracking my man! Have you had a good roll in it yet? ...splash a little poop tea under the ol' pits--:hump:-sex-aayyy--:woohoo1: :crying: ... I bet you're fizzing to get your auto's going in it!
... this is a very nice pic of the 'shrooms mate,... it would make a fine picture! Well, minus that dried out Dendrobium carcass- :rofl: Indulge me Hec', take some pics of your local orchids when you can please! :biggrin:

JT- yes, it can be a dangerous place, but not so unusual in the world,... even in Florida, I dared not stand still for long in so much as a parking lot, for fear of the fucking fire ants! :cuss::rofl:--a plague from South America...:doh:

I remember living down in FL, and a buddy of mine told me to sort of stay away from the tree line when we're near water.. I asked why, and he pointed to the water moccasin in the mangrove near our boat.. NOPE!!!! lol Definitely kept me in the boat most of the time..

Not many dangerous critters here, bears I guess, you can usually see them before it's too late lmao. There are millions of acres of relatively unspoiled habitat but there's not a huge variety of plants and animals.
Well brother @hecno your setting the standard here for using local materials, very inspiring. I'm working up to it!!

I remember living down in FL, and a buddy of mine told me to sort of stay away from the tree line when we're near water.. I asked why, and he pointed to the water moccasin in the mangrove near our boat.. NOPE!!!! lol Definitely kept me in the boat most of the time..

I guess I wont tell the story of my friends that had a moccasin drop into the boat from a tree. Thank goodness they had pistols and were able to shoot up the bottom of the boat. And yes, the snake survived. True story!

Thats the way we all should be growing,somewhat at any rate. it IS very inspiring as well as HUGELY REWARDING TOO!!! lol feels fantastic especially smoking a kill doobie out back with your pet killer snakes n Spiders n drop bears n what have ya LMAO! I did it here for a short time but my body said nuh uh ,aint happening lmao!

I did however sort of grow that way in florida since many of the native plants were salt and acid loving especially near the Sea in FL. so we incorporated the native beach n clay shit dirt for the minerals and so on....texture,salts and simple roughage if you will for root stimulation. very kewl!

Much respect brother Hecno *hug* its tough but its soooo beautifully rewarding too. especially when you got the sun on your face, not overly thirsty lmfao and smoking one by yourself or with a good old buddy and pondering the ways of the why. :)

oh thats actualy a survival trick. hot spot for life,mycrobes,roots.nutrient rich humus,soil whatever you wanna call it. :) stellar too! all across the globe there are pools(if you will) of life and soil like you saw here in various environments giving different activity. thats a nice find broseph :) I bet it did smell like your soil a little,unless it was wet maybe :D

Back