Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Opps forgot to attach these I don’t think I posted this before some of my past Temple balls… The Tangiematic strain was incredible…Two puffs and lifted for five or six hours
91483215-8541-4961-B7CA-EB1FE5D91266.jpeg

2wks old. VS. 1 yr old.
2D4C6A0E-E890-4EBC-84AA-A3DA4BB48534.jpeg

95E2915A-F3D8-48B1-871C-ABFCD8DE1C19.png
C940A4E7-4307-4BBB-964D-9658CAC6A0F8.png

I guess the best place to ask.

What the f*ck happens to the hash inside the damn temple ball that makes it so damn fuggin POTENT???:baked::baked::baked::baked::baked:
This 8 month old ball is kicking my ass with only a few small easy hits on my Yocan Evolve Plus.
It's plain hardcore! A small 'map pin head' pinch will light me up for a large part of the day. A little activity is required. It's heavy AF on both body and head. But get idle.......Zzzzzzzzz! It will give you a warning..............ONE! If you're reading or watching vids and you catch yourself drowsing off or zoning out, you'd better git up then.
It kicks my ass better than rosin and this last ball is insanely flavorful. Is it from letting it seal up an slowly oxidize inside, and the terps most all stay and age with the cannabinoids?
I don't remember the strains. It was a mix.I do think there was a good amount of Double Grape.
I think the strains are not as key as is the entire process that goes into a quality Templeball.
I don't know how I could make it any better. I do think I can make it different. I can go to the far ends of sativa and indicas.
At the end of my next run will be interesting. In this next run, I'm exploring CBD combos and a CBG girls. I'm going to have some interesting ingredients to work with! Surely someone here has already gone down this foxhole before me.

Side note before I post this:
This damn hash has got me smelling bacon.......because I'm craving some.:eyebrows::eyebrows::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha:

What are the best ways to vaporize kief and hash (other than full-melt; that is, presume still contains some veg. matter)? Using it alone will clog, not allow draws, or melt into my various dry herb vaporizers. I've been mixing it into the usual broken-up buds, which works rather well.

But what is the best way to vaporize kief and hash? How do you consume it? Best to use a convection, conduction or hybrid vaporizer? Mix with bud - what proportions? What temp. range(s)? If highly compressed/congealed, how do you presumably make it into a fluffy powder or otherwise prepare it for vaporization?

I guess the best place to ask.

What the f*ck happens to the hash inside the damn temple ball that makes it so damn fuggin POTENT???:baked::baked::baked::baked::baked:
This 8 month old ball is kicking my ass with only a few small easy hits on my Yocan Evolve Plus.
It's plain hardcore! A small 'map pin head' pinch will light me up for a large part of the day. A little activity is required. It's heavy AF on both body and head. But get idle.......Zzzzzzzzz! It will give you a warning..............ONE! If you're reading or watching vids and you catch yourself drowsing off or zoning out, you'd better git up then.
It kicks my ass better than rosin and this last ball is insanely flavorful. Is it from letting it seal up an slowly oxidize inside, and the terps most all stay and age with the cannabinoids?
I don't remember the strains. It was a mix.I do think there was a good amount of Double Grape.
I think the strains are not as key as is the entire process that goes into a quality Templeball.
I don't know how I could make it any better. I do think I can make it different. I can go to the far ends of sativa and indicas.
At the end of my next run will be interesting. In this next run, I'm exploring CBD combos and a CBG girls. I'm going to have some interesting ingredients to work with! Surely someone here has already gone down this foxhole before me.

Side note before I post this:
This damn hash has got me smelling bacon.......because I'm craving some.:eyebrows::eyebrows::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha:
hey @WildBill, it is purely down to how the THC in the centre matures whilst drying, due to moisture content in the centre Vs the outside the centre will/can ferment to an extent in a similar fashion to cobbing weed. I remember years ago the old Nepalese would always be stronger in the middle :pass:

hey @WildBill, it is purely down to how the THC in the centre matures whilst drying, due to moisture content in the centre Vs the outside the centre will/can ferment to an extent in a similar fashion to cobbing weed. I remember years ago the old Nepalese would always be stronger in the middle :pass:
Makes absolute perfect sense! That makes cobbing that much more interesting!

Makes absolute perfect sense! That makes cobbing that much more interesting!
Doesn't make sense to me. The presence of water doesn't explain why/how the center of temple balls is presumably more potent in terms of THC. For ex., how/why does drying of the outer layers boost potency (increase total THC/cannabinoid concentration) in the center?

What chemical reaction(s) and/or physical changes would make extracted THC (here referring to both the acid and base) increase?
Does the center undergo anaerobic microbial fermentation-generated acids-driven decarboxylation over time? But why/how would decarboxylation significantly boost potency (total THC content) when consumed by vaporization or combustion? Temple balls and pressed hash seem too dense to allow diffusion of THC to the center (and the outer portions would have that much loss of potency). Surely stored temple balls are sealed air-tight, so how/why might oxidation, or presumed non-oxidation of the center, boost potency? Etc.

What is happening here?

Doesn't make sense to me. The presence of water doesn't explain why/how the center of temple balls is presumably more potent in terms of THC. For ex., how/why does drying of the outer layers boost potency (increase total THC/cannabinoid concentration) in the center?

What chemical reaction(s) and/or physical changes would make extracted THC (here referring to both the acid and base) increase?
Does the center undergo anaerobic microbial fermentation-generated acids-driven decarboxylation over time? But why/how would decarboxylation significantly boost potency (total THC content) when consumed by vaporization or combustion? Temple balls and pressed hash seem too dense to allow diffusion of THC to the center (and the outer portions would have that much loss of potency). Surely stored temple balls are sealed air-tight, so how/why might oxidation, or presumed non-oxidation of the center, boost potency? Etc.

What is happening here?
The actual process of making the templeball will decarb a good percentage of the THCA. Real templeballs are a work of love. They do take quite a bit of time to do properly. The heating with the heated wine bottles and working the material will remove that extra carbon atom in THCA and form THC. THCA will not intoxicate. THC is what gets you high. The decarb process is what 'boosts' the available THC.
I had thought that the process, once the ball is made and sealed, the long term process is similar to cobbing and it was confirmed here.

There is no 'diffusion of THC'. At the time of making, the converted THC is exactly the same throughout. Once the outer dries and seals the ball, the next set of processes can begin. Fermentation does further degrade the THCA into THC. There are other cannabinoids that also will be made available during the aging/curing process. Different terps will decline, while others will be brought out.

I think it would be interesting to see if there is a pH change from a freshly made temple ball to a fully cured one. If there is a pH shift towards being more acidic then you know for sure there is fermentation taking place during the curing process.

Man, I'm just a newb at this stuff! There are a ton of processes with canna I don't FULLY understand or know. I hope this post will help you understand more about the process.

Back