Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Yeah, I froze it for 24 hours. Then when I microplaned i only did a chunk at a time and kept the rest in the freezer. I planed over about 5 medium pizza boxes lined with parchment paper and dried in a refrigerator for a week. Id like to get a wine cooler for the future.
Really appreciate the compliments yall! Getting me excited for these next plants to finish up so I can do it all over again!
Nice temple balls BTW! I definitely want to try that next!

Yeah, I froze it for 24 hours. Then when I microplaned i only did a chunk at a time and kept the rest in the freezer. I planed over about 5 medium pizza boxes lined with parchment paper and dried in a refrigerator for a week. Id like to get a wine cooler for the future.

I’ve read to freeze and haven’t on any run. Mine is chunkier than i’d like so will do on my next wash.:thumbsup:

Yeah, still hoping the day comes i’m baller enough to have pocket change for a Cannatrol cooler just for my stuff. But hey, a wine cooler would be an easier sell to the wife! I think a 12-bottle unit would hold 1-2 bottles for her :haha:
:crying:

I’ve read to freeze and haven’t on any run. Mine is chunkier than i’d like so will do on my next wash.:thumbsup:

Yeah, still hoping the day comes i’m baller enough to have pocket change for a Cannatrol cooler just for my stuff. But hey, a wine cooler would be an easier sell to the wife! I think a 12-bottle unit would hold 1-2 bottles for her :haha:
Thanks for the reps! :slap: :d5: Glad to help!
And yeah i think as long as you keep a couple bottles stocked in the cooler thats a fair compromise:rofl::crying:

For it to dry properly in the refrigerator, it needs to be a frost-free unit. I would not think that would be implemented on a wine cooler

For it to dry properly in the refrigerator, it needs to be a frost-free unit. I would not think that would be implemented on a wine cooler

I’ve just been keeping it in a cool dark place as i’ve read from Frenchy…he worked presses in a cold room though and i’m sure had a room/space with perfect conditions for curing and storing long term. There are frost free wine coolers with zone temp and humidity control, around $600 though. The Cannatrol system is designed for cannabis to keep frost free with the perfect cure conditions…it’s $1600 and so I revert back to hoping i’m one day baller enough to have that as pocket change to get a unit for personal use. No true small scale units exist in the $200-300 price point that i’m aware of that would be aimed at your home grow hobbyist like me.

I’ve just been keeping it in a cool dark place as i’ve read from Frenchy…he worked presses in a cold room though and i’m sure had a room/space with perfect conditions for curing and storing long term. There are frost free wine coolers with zone temp and humidity control, around $600 though. The Cannatrol system is designed for cannabis to keep frost free with the perfect cure conditions…it’s $1600 and so I revert back to hoping i’m one day baller enough to have that as pocket change to get a unit for personal use. No true small scale units exist in the $200-300 price point that i’m aware of that would be aimed at your home grow hobbyist like me.
It is the frost free that actually makes it dry faster with less chance of mold. I believe Frenchy said if you can't have the room at 55degrees don't bother, later he was freeze drying when he was doing it. I know the Dank Duchess said she has a controller for a window unit A/C that will make it run colder.

It is the frost free that actually makes it dry faster with less chance of mold. I believe Frenchy said if you can't have the room at 55degrees don't bother, later he was freeze drying when he was doing it. I know the Dank Duchess said she has a controller for a window unit A/C that will make it run colder.
Yup!!! That's why I've kinda given up on ice water hash. No freeze dryer and low room temps where I can do it. It would be a once a year event, even if I had a freeze dryer.
I'll just have to stick with my dry ice and bowls for the foreseeable future.

Started with the hot water bottle a la Frenchie but that's a lot of work and painful for my overwaterskied shoulders and elbows.So,i moved to my rosin press at 50c and worked it 3-4 times,folding it back after each press.Very happy with the results and a LOT less physical work.Finished it by hands into a ball. Have 3x5 plates so,3 grams balls were the max i could do. May try slightly less temp next time...
20221127_154008.jpg
20221127_155058.jpg

Starting buds on the right side balls was really more brownish...

Back