Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

You are definately correct in making good hash mate, it is a skill that takes time and effort, and if you persist you can make something really special.

My mates usually crap themselves when I bring out my homemade & a good pipe, as it is lights out. For some of them it is the only time they have ever seen hash, barring film & TV.
Thxs for the Rep, yea I likes making it, for me using dry ice bag method to extract the kiefs, then cellophane (if have) and not a scorching hot water, but pretty warm (enough to where I do need a light glove) and slowly roll once, then open the cellophane and fold the material, rinse repeat a few times to desired hash, but if no cellophane, I been practicing the old hand method and just keep working that sucka, takes a good bit of time (first time took all day to make a temple ball lol)
4B5740BA-2174-4EDF-B07E-B75DAEA0554E.jpeg
my starting material after running the dry ice method thru a few chosen bags,

i just use the thickest plastic ziploc/sandwich bag i can find iv ripped a few just get a new one and keep going if your getting issues with stick have a bottle of cold water on hand and just run it over the surface for a few seconds should help it snap right off

Cheers man, good tip.

Thxs for the Rep, yea I likes making it, for me using dry ice bag method to extract the kiefs, then cellophane (if have) and not a scorching hot water, but pretty warm (enough to where I do need a light glove) and slowly roll once, then open the cellophane and fold the material, rinse repeat a few times to desired hash, but if no cellophane, I been practicing the old hand method and just keep working that sucka, takes a good bit of time (first time took all day to make a temple ball lol) View attachment 1399915my starting material after running the dry ice method thru a few chosen bags,

I hear that, my first time was exactly the same. Well worth the effort though.

Good kief is the key, and that looks the part.

Reactions: Suki and Cardinal

Cardinal

Sending some Reps Back and Thxs for sending me some, Good to see some peeps still making hash
Very cool method!!!
Pun intended? :clapper: Thanks, got lots of cold, might as well use it haha

Excellent work man. I definately dig the au-natural use of ice and stones, and although I envy your ice production I do not think I would survive Alaska weather for long.

:snow2:
Thanks for the rep! This place is so awesome in the summer it makes the cold worth it though IMO. It's actually warmed up since last week, that's why I decided to sit out and sift. Was -20F(-29C) so a bit uncomfortable to be out long...

looks great have you ever tried the hot water bottle method with the resin before making the temple balls if not you tube not water method frenchy cannoli :d5:
not sure how many of these pics iv shared here already

Thanks, I'll have to look up the video! I had heard of using water bottles, I did on this run and it helped but still very hard to get stuck together. Do you use boiling water or just hot tap?

You can save bud it don't go bad it just ages if you put in fridge well stay fresh the cold it will slow down aging process. You can freeze and will stay same forever. My 2cents.

Thanks for the tip, I did save a pint jar of each for later so I'll stick them in. I needed to make room for the next run anyway, and last batch could have been cured better.

View attachment 1399872Just a lil guy, but these are so fun to make, and my preferred method of extracts, don’t get me wrong me likes the dabs and those types of extracts too, but making hashish/ hash is an art that’s becoming less common, and I’m not even from the era of hashish
Nice! Did you use keif from purple buds or did it just turn that color over time?

Thanks for the rep BTW!

Nice! Did you use keif from purple buds or did it just turn that color over time?

Thanks for the rep BTW!
That batch was from a whole plant run that I made seeds with from one my strains, and yea was a purple strain, but I do let my keif dry out a bit also

*ya welcomes for tha rep, deserved in mybook:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll have to look up the video! I had heard of using water bottles, I did on this run and it helped but still very hard to get stuck together. Do you use boiling water or just hot tap?
if your having trouble getting the resin to stick together you might have worked your material too much and have alot of decapitated stalks and plant matter in your sift best way to tell is how much does it bubble when you put a flame to it .
if it bubbles really good and almost starts dripping thats very high purity if it only bubbles a little try doing a quicker run next time so you could do 2 runs of 5 mins that will give you two grades of hash
a set of dry sift screen are the best way to do it if you can get your hands on some then you can get 90% trichome heads

if your having trouble getting the resin to stick together you might have worked your material too much and have alot of decapitated stalks and plant matter in your sift best way to tell is how much does it bubble when you put a flame to it .
if it bubbles really good and almost starts dripping thats very high purity if it only bubbles a little try doing a quicker run next time so you could do 2 runs of 5 mins that will give you two grades of hash
a set of dry sift screen are the best way to do it if you can get your hands on some then you can get 90% trichome heads
I'll have to try that next time, I watched Frenchie and he uses boiling water. Mine was just hot tap water, but whats strange is my 140 melted way easier than the 73 lol.

I used a turkey cooking bag to make my temple balls. Worked out pretty well.

My next temple ball making, I will add the candy marble plate that I chill for collecting rosin, but heated this time to test if the extra heat will help some when using a hot wine bottle. I had two bottles with one heating all the time.
I really need to make some more. That first Temple Ball was so damn good!:woohoo:

I used a turkey cooking bag to make my temple balls. Worked out pretty well.

My next temple ball making, I will add the candy marble plate that I chill for collecting rosin, but heated this time to test if the extra heat will help some.
I really need to make some more. That first Temple Ball was so damn good!:woohoo:
Depending on my lil nightstand grow, I may hash out half the plant (actually sounds like a SUPA GREAT IDEA), So yep decided lol

Back