Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

@WildBill
Do you make your temple balls from dry sift, dry ice sift sift or ice water method?
Also.. What micron number is best?

@WildBill
Do you make your temple balls from dry sift, dry ice sift sift or ice water method?
Also.. What micron number is best?
It was the first time.
I did fresh frozen with dry ice and bubble bowls. Easy is the best one to answer what's best

Has anyone ever used drysiftwizards screens with the ten second sift? It allows you to get a full melt dry sift but you don't get that much. But you then do the b grade and get more. Basically only the round heads fall thru the stalks stay with some heads and you vibrate those thru. Just banging the screens will knock b grade into the full melt. Nice to trim over the screens and let the trim dry for a few more days and sift again.
these aren't my pictures but I have gotten similar results with the screens when pressed together not rosined it turns into dabble oil pretty much.

Attachments

• bee jay 10 25 14_2x.jpg
    bee jay 10 25 14_2x.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 23
  • img_20140620_175816-crop-u2929_2x.jpg
    img_20140620_175816-crop-u2929_2x.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ldpressed_2x.jpg
    ldpressed_2x.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 25
Any of you guys using one of the ice water hash washing machines and are they worth it?
I used my food mixer/processor, it has variable speed and a metal bowl.

I have no experience using them I feel like there are ones that have different settings so you can gently just move it around and get the best heads off first and do a gentle then a rougher mix. I feel like they might be worth it if your processing alot. I saw a bubbleman video where it was barely agitating it so they could get the best off first. Or it might have been frenchy. I only have a one gallon bubble bag set so I don't even worry so much about quality just trying to get everything off because it's a smaller return . When I did the separate grades I would just get a few grams. What I'm more interested in is a freeze dryer it can turn a frozen wet puck of bubble into sand it sucks the water out while it's frozen some ppl say it takes terps out and you should air dry the bubble. But the freezer driers are really expensive tho. I've had ppl tell me both the ways were better. It seems like that would be better because breaking it up to dry it I lost some to the bags etc. That's what I don't like with it is the loss. But bubble and hash rosin are amazing. Wish I had more experience hopefully some other people can answer who have used both.

Using big paint mixer in a cordless drill in a 5 gals bucket on low speed for me.Not lazy enough to buy a 200$ weed washing machine...

Using big paint mixer in a cordless drill in a 5 gals bucket on low speed for me.Not lazy enough to buy a 200$ weed washing machine...
It all depends if you run bubble all the time it might be worth it. If only a few times a yr probably not. Some people are trying to acheieve like a 1 or 2 percent wash first off alot of material to get the best of just the heads meltieast most flavorful ones. As I understand it. But that's probably not as much for the home grower as a hash maker
Or people providing quality to the medical patients/connoisseur. But you can make quality if you know what your doing. A good artist/Craftsman never blames his tools.

Back