Photoperiod Hammer of The Gods and Trainwreck

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Today I started 4 photo period seeds, 2 of Seedsman's Trainwreck and 2 Hammer of the Gods from Northwest Exclusive. I'll be growing in autopots under my new Quantum Board light. Debating soil or coco still. I may start with organic soil, then switch to GrowMore Seagrow nutrient. The auto pots are 3.9 gallons each. Tent is 4'x4'x6.5'

Seeds are soaking right now! Can't wait to see a sprout!

All 4 seeds sprouted a couple days ago! Good seed! Today, a couple looked in distress with the seed shell stuck on. I sprayed the shells with water, waited a couple minutes then worked to remove the shells. I supported the stem near the cotyledons, looked for the split in the shell, and pried it open with a fingernail till it popped off. The second one however......if left on would surely have killed the seedling. I sprayed it a second time. Looking close, the shell had only a partial split and the shell was very hard. I decided to take a risk, the plant certainly wasn't going to survive. So I again supported the stem and squeezed the shell. I did this several times with gradually increasing pressure, until the shell split and fell off. The cotyledons appear to be fine, we'll know in a few hours for sure.

Need to finish setting up the tent!

Update:

Seedling are growing nicely, almost ready to transplant into auto pots!

Trainwreck and hammer of the gods pic1 -4-1-2017.jpg

Auto pots are the way to go IMO! I recently started using just the bases with standard 2 gallon pots and it worked well. I'll be using the technique in my Autocob grow, saved me buying the 2 gallon pots lol.

Coming along greatly . Considering an autopot system myself.

"carpe diem"

@pop22 How does one subscribe to a thread?

Back