New Grower Grunt's Third Grow

I can't help but post more pictures... the black specks are something on my camera lens not plant problems.

IMG_1533.JPG

RQS Northern Lights 1

IMG_1534.JPG

Quick One with what appears to be a little bit of heat stress, so I cranked the exhaust back up, otherwise healthy looking to me. To hell with humidity if the plants can't take the heat!

IMG_1535.JPG

Kush, two days behind the NL and QO.

IMG_1536.JPG

RQS Jack Herer, one day behind the Kush.

That is correct! About 3/4 of one anyway and around 80lbs. The stump and the obsidian my grandfather found between Death Valley, CA and Bend, OR, he never would say where exactly. I acquired them when he died along with some fossilized scallops that are damn near the size of a salad plate in diameter. Love rockhounding, promised my wife I would find her some raw sunstones to wire wrap some jewelry out of, so that's my next big endeavor. Also a metal detector to find some of that special yellow stuff, then I can sell it for more weed growing stuff instead!
I used to do a little bit of gold prospecting and rockhounding. I've crawled around on my hands and knees in the deserts of Nevada and Oregon and California noodling for Opals and all kinds of things. I never found anything real great with my metal detectors mostly old nails and a few old coins. I had a lot of fun gold dredging in the old days back in the 70s, I look on a map above Juneau Alaska where people are walking on nature tours and I used to backpack a dredge up in there and dredge up some pretty decent nuggets right outside of town.

I am truly envious of that life experience @jingo. The kids and I watch some gold prospecting shows based in Australia, man that just looks like fun, Alaska would suck me in and I would never come back south though I bet. I spent most of my time riding dirt bikes and fishing, as the dirt biking dried up in my mid twenties all the extra fishing naturally equated to more rockhounding. I even started an Etsy shop but have never posted anything on it. I get too attached to all the cool finds to get rid of any of it. I would really like to get out east and go find some Stinkingwater petrified wood, it's pretty unique. Or down around McDermitt there is supposed to be some pretty amazing stuff as well.

4/28/18 Day 13 Just some good morning pics. I tried adding pics from last night and this morning to show difference in growth, but the angles of the picture makes it pretty tough for easy comparisons, so I deleted my first attempt at an update and here is attempt number two. Nothing special, just good morning pictures. 51% RH and 75F overnight in the tent, numbers on display have dropped a touch since it was opened, but everyone seems super happy besides the Quick One having what still appears to be a little heat stress from a couple days ago. Lights at 28" as that seems to be a happy medium of light intensity and some steady vertical growth from the little plants. Happy weekend everyone!

IMG_1557.JPG

Kush

IMG_1558.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_1559.JPG

Quick One

IMG_1560.JPG

Northern Lights

I tried placing my order for my next seeds on Seedsman, but got a bad gateway error, so I had to file a support ticket to clear it up. Hopefully all is well since my card was easy enough to use the first time around. So far I like the RQS genetics (and even the free Seedsman Kush are growing nicely, the little weird one that grew underground is being taken to it's new home today!) but I want to try out a different breeder to compare. I looked into multiple breeders but have decided to go with Fast Buds (Mephisto is up there too but the strains I want are only available in big $200 packs, wifey said hell no lol) as I just really like a lot of their strains, plus their Gold Rush promo is still going. I am ordering: 3 pack of Mexican Airlines (my kind of all day smoke), 3 pack of Pineapple (aphrodisiac properties sound nice), and 1 each of California Snow (because it was last on their list of popularity and I like to be different) and G14 cause, well, who doesn't love a drippy Hash Plant?!? I would just order more and store them but I would hate to have a package confiscated for getting carried away with my "needs".

I tried placing my order for my next seeds on Seedsman, but got a bad gateway error, so I had to file a support ticket to clear it up. Hopefully all is well since my card was easy enough to use the first time around. So far I like the RQS genetics (and even the free Seedsman Kush are growing nicely, the little weird one that grew underground is being taken to it's new home today!) but I want to try out a different breeder to compare. I looked into multiple breeders but have decided to go with Fast Buds (Mephisto is up there too but the strains I want are only available in big $200 packs, wifey said hell no lol) as I just really like a lot of their strains, plus their Gold Rush promo is still going. I am ordering: 3 pack of Mexican Airlines (my kind of all day smoke), 3 pack of Pineapple (aphrodisiac properties sound nice), and 1 each of California Snow (because it was last on their list of popularity and I like to be different) and G14 cause, well, who doesn't love a drippy Hash Plant?!? I would just order more and store them but I would hate to have a package confiscated for getting carried away with my "needs".
Funny, I was on the seedsman site yesterday and having all kinds of Errors. I was thinking maybe they go through cloudflare or something and they were having issues with them. Idk

Mexican Airlines is my favorite daytime smoke so far. It's not the strongest sativa which is nice because it has a nice mellow effect than last pretty much well I smoke it all day so I don't know how long it lasts. But I was just looking to order some more of that cuz the last one I grew out was only about 7 ounces and I need about 12 to last me through the time it takes to grow one.

Well maybe that Mexican Airlines is a little stronger than I thought, I just realized it's taken me two hours to smoke my first Bowl this morning. But it's a Saturday so what the heck

I had a lot earlier in the day as well, glad to hear it's not just me. Good to hear positive things about the strain, if I can pull a couple ounces a plant I will be just fine. Do you not have the space to grow more than one plant at a time? Are they pretty solid on 10-11 weeks total with the extra recommended fattening time from FB? I'm getting excited, kind of wishing I had two tents and my medical card so I could run more plants right away!

I like MSNL and Autoseed.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

I had a lot earlier in the day as well, glad to hear it's not just me. Good to hear positive things about the strain, if I can pull a couple ounces a plant I will be just fine. Do you not have the space to grow more than one plant at a time? Are they pretty solid on 10-11 weeks total with the extra recommended fattening time from FB? I'm getting excited, kind of wishing I had two tents and my medical card so I could run more plants right away!
I do have the space I'm just so accustomed to growing large plants that I expect them to get big. The first one I grew came out at 11 oz and it was an unusual situation it was sitting in a low spot in my drain table and it was soaking up the runoff nutrients from other plants at all stages of development. I may have a picture of that someplace.....

That's a link to that plant. Since then, I've only been able to get around 7 oz. Last time I tried going a bit longer and hitting it with liquid koolbloom and powdered cool loom together it took it just fine but it didn't get any larger. I even had it on auto water with usually makes a plant really get large.

I'm pretty sure I grow mine out for about 12 to 13 weeks.

Back