New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

Greetings from the front range @MissUniverse :toke:
Can I make a suggestion??
I'd redo the way you have the light hanging.
e9aid3X.jpg

If the carabiner won't clip over the tube, take the tube out and feed it through the carabiner in the closed position.
Do this without the light attached of course.:biggrin:
I had to do the same thing to get my LED's hung properly.
Hope this helps out.
I'd hate to see you lose a light and possibly a plant.:cheers:
Sending some grow karma:karmacloud: for your next round.

Greetings from the front range @MissUniverse :toke:
Can I make a suggestion??
I'd redo the way you have the light hanging.
View attachment 536754
If the carabiner won't clip over the tube, take the tube out and feed it through the carabiner in the closed position.
Do this without the light attached of course.:biggrin:
I had to do the same thing to get my LED's hung properly.
Hope this helps out.
I'd hate to see you lose a light and possibly a plant.:cheers:
Sending some grow karma:karmacloud: for your next round.
Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to have worked!

EDIT:
Added photo:
gdxDD4K.jpg

Last edited:
Hope your doing better! If you can afford one, you should consider auto pots. Or even their aquavalve and a nursery pot tray to automate watering. You could leave them for a week or more if need be.

here's a link: http://autopot-usa.com/
I was in the hospital about 4 days after posting this so by time i got home they died! I feel like a failure. Everyone over waters, I under water.
I need to devise a watering system so when I'm in the hospital it can be taken care of.

Oh well, I have a lot more promix and seeds I can use.

I also am taking the opportunity to get some different genetics. I went through herbies this time, and we will see how it turns out. I bought:
Vision Northern Lights Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3
Royal Queen Northern Lights Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3
Mephisto Genetics Toof Decay Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3

and got some freebies:
1 X Dinafem OG Kush Feminised Seed
2 X Dinafem Cheese Feminised Seeds
5 X Afghani Regular Seeds

I think when I restart I will do the toof decay or a northern lights.
I'm going to go with royal queen seeds and Mephisto from here on out and try another breeder here and there (hence the vision northern lights seeds and some extras I have here). The reason for royal queen seeds is that in the future I wish to grow that royal dwarf but I've heard amazing things about royal medic and medical mass. Which, while not currently autoflowering, i would like to learn in about 15 years to breed a dwarf super CBD plant.

I'm not giving up on this, just resetting and re starting. I will get you pics of my grow tent now that its all cleaned out and ready for another batch. I just don't have a fan in the tent right now. need to get one.

Hope your doing better! If you can afford one, you should consider auto pots. Or even their aquavalve and a nursery pot tray to automate watering. You could leave them for a week or more if need be.

here's a link: http://autopot-usa.com/
I see how they make those!

take three buckets, one five gallon, one 15 gallon one 25 gallon. drill a hole in the bottom of the 25 and the 15 gallon buckets and fit them together with aqua tubing fusing the ends with rv silicone or anything else really. Put the five gallon bucket down on the ground and drill vent holes on the bottom like a regular plant pot. Make sure the 25 gallon pot is wider than the 15 gallon pot as its using gravity as a watering system. Fill the 25 gallon with water after sticking the tubing in to the 15 gallon bucket, let the water level normalize out so there is even pressure and then put the lid on the 25 gallon bucket. Put the 5 gallon in the 15 gallon and you have the auto pot.

Although I'd rather use their set up, I think I mgiht be okay from here on out.

Here's a video I saw someone make about making a DIY auto pot

Even simpler:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-second-quest-to-grow-a-one-pound-auto.48545/

I see how they make those!

take three buckets, one five gallon, one 15 gallon one 25 gallon. drill a hole in the bottom of the 25 and the 15 gallon buckets and fit them together with aqua tubing fusing the ends with rv silicone or anything else really. Put the five gallon bucket down on the ground and drill vent holes on the bottom like a regular plant pot. Make sure the 25 gallon pot is wider than the 15 gallon pot as its using gravity as a watering system. Fill the 25 gallon with water after sticking the tubing in to the 15 gallon bucket, let the water level normalize out so there is even pressure and then put the lid on the 25 gallon bucket. Put the 5 gallon in the 15 gallon and you have the auto pot.

Although I'd rather use their set up, I think I mgiht be okay from here on out.

Here's a video I saw someone make about making a DIY auto pot

Awesome, sorry it took time to reply, it has been a busy time. I will do a DP with the photos of the gal.
She popped overnight two nights ago but i was unable to get to it and was going to chalk it to a loss till i noticed the sprout still looks completely viable (im remembering my days in grad school again where we had some classes on the theories behind agriculture and i forgot completely that a seed has enough juice in it to last a week without nutes).

I might need a bigger grow tent, but i just don't have the room so im going to probably have to figure out a way to keep her short (gentle bending and anchoring of the plant is my thought).

I brought the promix up to field saturation, slightly drained from field saturation so as to not kill the gals.
The bucket im using is an icing bucket i got from a super market bakery for free (I highly suggest you ask your local super market bakery if they have extra icing buckets), I drilled 4 1/2 inch holes on the bottom and 4 1/2 inch holes on the sides. If there ends up being too much moisture in the bucket i will drill some more holes but i don't think i will as i have more overall openings than a plant pot has.

Here's the gal being planted. I used a stick i found in the promix to mark the plant location.
1usBIPE.jpg

3KhGmev.jpg

Here's my set up with everything but the tray under the bucket. As you can see, there's not a ton of room in the grow tent. I just have no room for a bigger tent. This tent though might end up being my nursery if i do any photo period plants.
DYk4eCY.jpg

Keep plugging away at it. She'll be taking off soon and you'll be amazed at the growth rate.
thanks! She is popping up more and more. I can't believe it in a few hours she's even more visible above the surface, i bet tonight or tomorrow morning she pops her head up and says hi :)

I did a quick wipe down of the tent with some simple dish soap.

Well I set my camera down somewhere and now I can't find it. Darn pain makes it hard to focus on anything! I'll keep looking then send a photo. It takes forever to do simple tasks due to pain so it takes me double or triple as long as others to get through things so I like to feel proud of my accomplishments.

I noticed last night it got really hot in my tent so i opened a few more vent holes to let out some more hot air and I also put up two hand towels that were soaked in an ice bath and rung out lightly so no water drips(swamp cooler). And it seems to have worked.

I keep reading that it's best to give as much light as possible so im on a 20/4 rotation, @pop22 should I back off on the light schedule or is that good? Do I need to keep the fan running when the gal is "sleeping" for those 4 hours or can I turn that off too to give it a rest and reset time.

I need a new plastic tray for under my bucket because I don't want to have any issues

Back