New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

Hey! Get us some pics of the little ones!

I was in the hospital about 4 days after posting this so by time i got home they died! I feel like a failure. Everyone over waters, I under water.
I need to devise a watering system so when I'm in the hospital it can be taken care of.

Oh well, I have a lot more promix and seeds I can use.

I also am taking the opportunity to get some different genetics. I went through herbies this time, and we will see how it turns out. I bought:
Vision Northern Lights Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3
Royal Queen Northern Lights Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3
Mephisto Genetics Toof Decay Autoflowering Feminised Seeds x3

and got some freebies:
1 X Dinafem OG Kush Feminised Seed
2 X Dinafem Cheese Feminised Seeds
5 X Afghani Regular Seeds

I think when I restart I will do the toof decay or a northern lights.
I'm going to go with royal queen seeds and Mephisto from here on out and try another breeder here and there (hence the vision northern lights seeds and some extras I have here). The reason for royal queen seeds is that in the future I wish to grow that royal dwarf but I've heard amazing things about royal medic and medical mass. Which, while not currently autoflowering, i would like to learn in about 15 years to breed a dwarf super CBD plant.

I'm not giving up on this, just resetting and re starting. I will get you pics of my grow tent now that its all cleaned out and ready for another batch. I just don't have a fan in the tent right now. need to get one.

Sorry to hear about the hospitol visit and plant loss. Glad to see it didn't turn you away. They are kinda pricey but have you heard of auto pots? Google those and I may have found your solution to watering while you're away...
Thank you for the support. As you can see, I truly am a medical patient. I would have not gone except i was unable to stop vomiting from these crappy medications they are trying to put me on for pain. I got chewed out at the hospital for being a med card holder which made me rather upset as I usually end up in the hospital once a month and for the last year i was only in 3 times and those were because someone (I wont say who) didn't let me get my sleep after I had over medicated by accident and he was afraid i would fall asleep and not wake up....
Well, the ambulance comes and I wake up tired and tell them what happens and wouldn't you believe it. The EMT's woke me up and made me go with them because it was a "life threatening drug overdose". You know what they did in the hospital? They had me sign a paper to go home about 20 minutes after arrival.

Anyway back to the story at hand, I won't let this go. I *MUST* and *WILL* be growing my own medication. I don't want to trust anyone else with my medication more than I have to. Don't get me wrong, i trust them. But I want to know i can go organic if i want. and I *KNOW* if there was any pest problem or any other issues that needed to be resolved. So I will know if the plants are going to have any chance of mold. I one time was at a dispensary and they tried to sell me moldy NL#9. I called the DoME(Department Of Marijuana Enforcement for the state) on them and ever since then i ALWAYS break my nugs apart right in front of the budtender....

As far as auto pots, I just saw them earlier this week. I saw someone showing how to make something like an auto pot but its a bit confusing. Do you know if local greenhouses sell those or if i'd have to go either to a hydroponics shop or online? I'm very limtied in space. like to the point where i have a grow tent that is only about 3 ft tall

If i had the humidity sensor for my arduino or my rasp pi, i could just use that for automation of my system in no time by just having it water when the gague reads the soil is under x % of field saturation.

I'm going to do a double post in a few moments with the photos of the grow tent asked for by @pop22 as well as another question reguarding some lighting fixtures Im sure i know the answer to

Here's my set up. I cleaned it down and scrubbed it with bleach to kill any mold or possible bugs/contaminants. I plan to try to wipe down the tent as the grow goes and I grow in trays inside of the tent. I just had it all clean.

One question: It's a small tent so I'm gonna be pushing space wise. I know I can purposely stunt growth by not giving it the "biggest" pot to grow in, but I still want a decent yield. As you can see my cable management is okay, but I still need some ideas of how to make the light get to near the top of the tent as its so low right now its only good for vegging. I was thinking of just getting some parachute cord I have and making a few lengths. I was going to use the hangers you see in the photo but they are too big.

ga5z39S.jpg

I went a head and sewed activated charcoal in to the grow tent walls and stuffed some decanter charcoal filters in to the vent holes. The activated carbon/charcoal is very breathable and causes no issues with air flow. Although the temperature in the tent has gone up by 4 degrees by using the carbon. But between 73-78 degrees seems to be a good spot for them.

R5LeqHq.jpg

I still have a little bit of cable management to do. I plan on getting a plastic shoe box and putting the timer and the thermostat on it. That's if i don't decide to just move the timer out of the grow tent.

What you don't see: promix, seeds, more filters, the under the hood activated carbon added, nutrients if needed.

I started one more of the randomly selected autos from "Feminised Seeds" "Auto Mix" which I had gotten from @gorillaseedbank before I started really knowing much about what breeders to go for. I would have stayed with gorilla but they can't get Mephisto Genetics for me. So their loss as I was going to get about another $150 of seeds from gorilla since I've used them with no issue, but now they lost a customer.

I am doing the paper towel method. I just put it in the towel.
I also changed my lights a bit. I still need some more cable management. but I have no easy ties and don't want to zip tie things yet.

Here's a photo of the updated grow tent with the light repositioned and a game cube for size comparison (I'll double the folding of the mars hydro wires if the plant gets too tall, although i think the pot will be taking a lot of room.
MDNdB4q.jpg

And here's the seed I am going to sprout. It is a random selection so I have no idea what I'm getting here. I'm hoping its small, fast and very low smell.

6R4FZt7.jpg

if that vent isnt being used,feed the cables through a timer sat ontop of the tent will do no harm and no need for cable ties n such.:pighug:
You mean something like this? :biggrin:
e9aid3X.jpg

It definitely frees up space for me to put a second plant in here (along with my fan). The temps are high because I closed all the vent holes, took out the fan and i was trying to see how hot i could get it in case i want to try to grow something like an orange tree. I see the humidity is low, so once this gal pops up I will be putting a bowl of water in with the plant. That should help it out.

t8EjsAk.jpg

Question for everyone: Should I just keep this thread going until I get my first successful auto or should I break them down in to individual journals? I was going to leave it as one thread because it shows the evolution of a newbie grower and maybe someone else can learn from this.

I learned something today that im sure everyone knows... It is easier to take a spray bottle to clean out your grow tent than it is a bucket. Less mess, less fuss, and a lot less straining in weird positions. So that makes it worth while. Even if I'm down two seeds (aka $20-$25) I'm going to keep going. I don't want to deal with others growing my own meds.

Back