New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

i have had mixed results with germination my fault im sure.we often give up early or go digging in the soil to try and find what happened.sometimes its best to do very little,less is more or keep it simple plan.plant no deeper than first knuckle of your pinky.give the seed 5 days to pop up before digging.and try your best to ignore it the rest of the day.
i joked earlier that plants pick up on their owners stress,maybe they do ! :pighug:

i have had mixed results with germination my fault im sure.we often give up early or go digging in the soil to try and find what happened.sometimes its best to do very little,less is more or keep it simple plan.plant no deeper than first knuckle of your pinky.give the seed 5 days to pop up before digging.and try your best to ignore it the rest of the day.
i joked earlier that plants pick up on their owners stress,maybe they do ! :pighug:
I think I planted it too shallow by looking at photos of other seeds that sprouted. I'm going to let the taproot grow a bit longer this time.

I do believe you might be on to something. Many people talk to their plants as I've found out more and more. I wonder if there is a specific type of energy put off during stress in a human that causes the plant to have issues. Would be an interesting study

The RQ NL seed popped and I'm going to put it in the ground and pretend it doesn't exist for a few days (only make sure the soil doesn't dry out).

The gal just poked her head above the surface and looks like she'll be strong and healthy
However, I'm having some technical difficulties with my computer so it's going to be a bit for a picture. I wonder how much the genetics of the ruderalis parents factor in to the plant's ability to stand abuse/newbie abilities. Not saying others have weaker parents, but maybe specific parents that have been bread for generations from different regions factor in to the cold/warmth/watering schedule I have been using.

As soon as I get the stupid computer to work, I'll get a photo up. Doing some work on it now. (I made the mistake of upgrading to windows 10 and it's having the stinking "com surrogate" issues when processing images.)

Here she is, just beginning to show herself. Hard to see, but she's there about two inches to the right of the stick
pUzQj62.jpg

I think I planted it too shallow by looking at photos of other seeds that sprouted. I'm going to let the taproot grow a bit longer this time.

I do believe you might be on to something. Many people talk to their plants as I've found out more and more. I wonder if there is a specific type of energy put off during stress in a human that causes the plant to have issues. Would be an interesting study

Hey missu,

Have you considered another germ method?

Paper towels were always hit and miss for me, I stick mine in a jiffy pellet (other peat based, compact, moisture absorbing brands are available, probably). When they pop they are a piece of cake to transplant.
I

I read your post about giving up, please dont, if I can do this buhgawd anyone can all it takes is some positive energy,dedication/time and it does not hurt to have guidance, I still have to ask my grow mentor if I am unsure about something. What kind of soil are you using? Nutes? Also when germinating use DISTILLED WATER it does not have to be ph. Put your beans in container with a lid in DISTILLED WATER for no longer than 12 hours also cover them with something like a big bowl for darkness and sit the on something that throws out a small amount of heat, I use my ps4. Check them after 8 hours open your lid and poke the seed with your finger if it's still floating and it should sink if not wait until hour 12 and then poke. After it sinks get a plain white paper towel with no dye or color on it and fold in half. Dump the water and seed on the towel (put towel in a pie tin that has a plastic lid) after you dump your seed and DISTILLED WATER on the paper towel that is in the tin fold the paper towel over top of the bean and then soak a little more with DISTILLED WATER. Put the lid on the pie tin and then sit it back on top of heat source like a modem or ps4... wait for another 12 hours and the bean should be cracked with a Lil tail poking out if not it is ok, you don't want to over saturate the seed. Go ahead and take it out and plant with the WIDE BOTTOM PART OF THE SEED DOWN AND POINTY NARROW PART UP. If you have ? feel free to ask. I know you prolly have a mentor or something but I am always glad to help KEEP POSITIVE!

Hey missu,

Have you considered another germ method?

Paper towels were always hit and miss for me, I stick mine in a jiffy pellet (other peat based, compact, moisture absorbing brands are available, probably). When they pop they are a piece of cake to transplant.
I
I am going to try other methods after this grow, it's just that for the speed and my lack of expendable capitol right now I'm stuck for a few weeks before I can get other gear. I know it's not a good excuse for not trying another method, but I wanted something in the soil asap.

I read your post about giving up, please dont, if I can do this buhgawd anyone can all it takes is some positive energy,dedication/time and it does not hurt to have guidance, I still have to ask my grow mentor if I am unsure about something. What kind of soil are you using? Nutes? Also when germinating use DISTILLED WATER it does not have to be ph. Put your beans in container with a lid in DISTILLED WATER for no longer than 12 hours also cover them with something like a big bowl for darkness and sit the on something that throws out a small amount of heat, I use my ps4. Check them after 8 hours open your lid and poke the seed with your finger if it's still floating and it should sink if not wait until hour 12 and then poke. After it sinks get a plain white paper towel with no dye or color on it and fold in half. Dump the water and seed on the towel (put towel in a pie tin that has a plastic lid) after you dump your seed and DISTILLED WATER on the paper towel that is in the tin fold the paper towel over top of the bean and then soak a little more with DISTILLED WATER. Put the lid on the pie tin and then sit it back on top of heat source like a modem or ps4... wait for another 12 hours and the bean should be cracked with a Lil tail poking out if not it is ok, you don't want to over saturate the seed. Go ahead and take it out and plant with the WIDE BOTTOM PART OF THE SEED DOWN AND POINTY NARROW PART UP. If you have ? feel free to ask. I know you prolly have a mentor or something but I am always glad to help KEEP POSITIVE!
Thanks for the support, I have tried the paper towel method as well I have tried the seed in water method but they both seem to have the same success rate for me. But then again, i've only had issues with the toof decay seeds not being strong. It might just be that the strain can't take much abuse and I'm abusing it too much.
@pop22 has been doing a lot of mentoring with me and I do ask questions, I just thought that I wouldn't be having this issue since I had 3 other ones that got pretty nice before my own issues caused them to die off (was unable to water some and one the cat got because I some how locked it in the area the grow tent was in).
I am going to keep as many people around to help as I can. It does get discouraging, though, when you see that much money gone just from user error. So it gets me :( when I make severe errors.
I think there's something to be said about keeping with something even when it's discouraging and failure has been consistent. So I try to keep with things so someday I can say "I did it".
One of these days I'm going to get it down and down right. After that it's going to be a breeze. I think im just making it too hard on myself.

I'm tired so I didn't proof read the post before submitting, it may be pretty badly written. :p

I was discussing odor control today with a local friend as I don't have the strength to set up the carbon filter with inline fan.
They gave me a Vaportek EZ Twist with a new set of "neutral" disks and told me it should be able to control the smell when the time comes.
Does anyone else have experience with these? @pop22 do you?
It was free so I might as well try it, and I've been on google with people giving positive results from the large models, I guess experimentation is what this experience is for :)

Never heard of it, will look into it. But if we haven't heard of it, then it may not be up to the job.... otherwise growers would all be talking about/using it. but we won't know without checking!

I was discussing odor control today with a local friend as I don't have the strength to set up the carbon filter with inline fan.
They gave me a Vaportek EZ Twist with a new set of "neutral" disks and told me it should be able to control the smell when the time comes.
Does anyone else have experience with these? @pop22 do you?
It was free so I might as well try it, and I've been on google with people giving positive results from the large models, I guess experimentation is what this experience is for :)

Back