New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

I find the NPK numbers don't mean much with organic nutrients. If I chose, it would be the 4-4-4. The N in most organic nutes is mostly slow release
Sounds good to me, i'll go with your suggestion since these are such fast plants. It does make sense to do an even feeding of it I didn't think of it that way.
So in about two weeks its time to add a spike correct?

not until the roots are fully established. My method for young plants in soil is to add water at 20% of the soil volume. that's slightly less that whats needed to saturate a pot. I spent time testing measured amounts of water and find that works very well with seedlings. so about 10-12 oz of water per gallon of soil. The pot will have a complete root structure when the width of the plant exceeds the width of the pot. Then you could water more. I don't water to runoff in organic soil though, no need, nothing to flush.

one way to water is to water for about 10% run off... it help clean any build ups on the roots...

not until the roots are fully established. My method for young plants in soil is to add water at 20% of the soil volume. that's slightly less that whats needed to saturate a pot. I spent time testing measured amounts of water and find that works very well with seedlings. so about 10-12 oz of water per gallon of soil. The pot will have a complete root structure when the width of the plant exceeds the width of the pot. Then you could water more. I don't water to runoff in organic soil though, no need, nothing to flush.
with organic I water till I just get a little run off and let it soak it back up.... and I looked for pictures and did no know how big her plants were here... I agree with measuring how much your watering..

yes that should work fine!
Thanks!
More great info. I'm sure it was posted before, but I am positive this thread will become an anchor for my own knowledge and history.
Knowing me, i under water, so I definitely need to water a bit more than I have. I think today is the day for my 5 gallon pot to get some actual water, but the gal isn't wilting and it seems moist right now so I'm waiting till this evening to water.
with organic I water till I just get a little run off and let it soak it back up.... and I looked for pictures and did no know how big her plants were here... I agree with measuring how much your watering..
Thank you so much! Your help is also very much appreciated. Such awesome people here!!!

Thanks!

More great info. I'm sure it was posted before, but I am positive this thread will become an anchor for my own knowledge and history.
Knowing me, i under water, so I definitely need to water a bit more than I have. I think today is the day for my 5 gallon pot to get some actual water, but the gal isn't wilting and it seems moist right now so I'm waiting till this evening to water.

Thank you so much! Your help is also very much appreciated. Such awesome people here!!!
hope your grow is a great one... I look forward to seeing some pictures of your progress.

I went a head and did a 1.5 liter watering, i got about two drips out of the bottom so i think i got the field saturation part down. thanks @pop22! I don't have a photo because im in too much pain just from watering.

Back