Lighting Growage Life with GC

Awaiting a new 600w MH bulb, ordered a Bluelab EC pen, and i also need more nutes. I'v been running the MegaCrop 1 part to this point but wondering if i should switch to the 2 part? Anyone have an opinion, i apologise but just dont have the time today to go through that huge thread..

There are a couple people on here that have/are using MC 2 part. I'm sure there are some recent posts in the Megacrop thread as that was a new product this year I believe.

My self, i really like the one part and am working on fine tuning it for different strains. Some one mentioned how crazy it is, people running 1500 ppms. Either the nutes are shit or the plants are incredible hogs, you know what my opinion is... I mean I have plants being fed at an average of 550 ppms. All but two are eating it up, and two of another are nute toxic!. So now, with new strains, I'll start around 475 ppms and work up by the week till I see early signs of toxicity and back of. It's quite likely that all plant can handle around 525 ppms of MC 1 part. I was just pushing my plants this time to see what their tolerance was.

It's feed day for the 4x4 with ChemBubbly and Mango Smile. I'v been feeding 4g MC 1 part per gallon thus far with good color and just a tad of tip burn awhile back.. and no indications that i can tell of overfeeding. Now that i have the new EC pen i'll be measuring what that feed is...

Can someone explain the difference of reading on the 500 vs 700 scale? IIRC i believe i once read that 700 scale is typically a non USA measurement.. like metric? ;) I realize i have some researching to do at some point..

Got a refund from ebay this am after waiting for my new MH HID bulbs.. with no explanation. So i ordered a two pack just now from Amazoom.. be here tomorrow so i can move the Guerilla Fume into 3x3 tent.

Ok here are the reading gs from new pen.

My tap from faucet..
60ppm 500 scale
80ppm 700 scale
0.1ec

Tap with 4 gram Megacrop..
630ppm 500 scale
935ppm 700 scale
1.4ec

As I understand it the ppm totals are accumulative which would make the following accurate on feed only and what most refer to when discussing?
570ppm on 500 scale
875ppm on 700 scale

So that puts me in the range Pop22 mentions. Seems about right to me as this run is going well.. no more fading leaves in late veg and early flower.

20210116_121056.jpg

• The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution.
  • The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution.
  • The ppm 500 scale is also referred to as TDS - total dissolved solids.

It's feed day for the 4x4 with ChemBubbly and Mango Smile. I'v been feeding 4g MC 1 part per gallon thus far with good color and just a tad of tip burn awhile back.. and no indications that i can tell of overfeeding. Now that i have the new EC pen i'll be measuring what that feed is...

Can someone explain the difference of reading on the 500 vs 700 scale? IIRC i believe i once read that 700 scale is typically a non USA measurement.. like metric? ;) I realize i have some researching to do at some point..

Got a refund from ebay this am after waiting for my new MH HID bulbs.. with no explanation. So i ordered a two pack just now from Amazoom.. be here tomorrow so i can move the Guerilla Fume into 3x3 tent.

Stick with the 500 scale, it's what most of us use when talking PPM.

Ok here are the reading gs from new pen.

My tap from faucet..
60ppm 500 scale
80ppm 700 scale
0.1ec

Tap with 4 gram Megacrop..
630ppm 500 scale
935ppm 700 scale
1.4ec

As I understand it the ppm totals are accumulative which would make the following accurate on feed only and what most refer to when discussing?
570ppm on 500 scale
875ppm on 700 scale

So that puts me in the range Pop22 mentions. Seems about right to me as this run is going well.. no more fading leaves in late veg and early flower.

View attachment 1276797

Thanks again Pop..

So i purchased a two pack of 600w MH bulbs, a Bluelab EC pen, just ordered another 2500g Mega Crop 1 part and a 10 pack of ProCal (Hydrofarm) 3 gallon plastic nursery pots. It dawned on me that i did not want to try up potting out of a smart pot and tear the root system up. I have a few 7 and 10 gallon smart pots in addition to about 20 3 gallon. I plan to use the 7 gallon if i wind up with 2 females from the 4 Guerilla Fume' seedlings in cabinet. I plan large trained plants and possibly pollinating one.

I have some time yet but i need to buy an AC unit for growage, and 3 more Autocob's for the 2nd tent. I have a NIB climate controller i bought years ago from a local who gave up growing.. figure all this will be needed to run through summer this season. I may take the fall off if the virus calms down and vaccinations are more widely administered. I want to run back out west to MT, WY, UT, CO and possibly more while i'm still able.. camping and fly fishing... maybe take in a canna event somewhere.

I have never been so excited to run a particular strain before, just look at this beauty.

Fume.jpg

Yummy!

:drool:

Thanks again Pop..

So i purchased a two pack of 600w MH bulbs, a Bluelab EC pen, just ordered another 2500g Mega Crop 1 part and a 10 pack of ProCal (Hydrofarm) 3 gallon plastic nursery pots. It dawned on me that i did not want to try up potting out of a smart pot and tear the root system up. I have a few 7 and 10 gallon smart pots in addition to about 20 3 gallon. I plan to use the 7 gallon if i wind up with 2 females from the 4 Guerilla Fume' seedlings in cabinet. I plan large trained plants and possibly pollinating one.

I have some time yet but i need to buy an AC unit for growage, and 3 more Autocob's for the 2nd tent. I have a NIB climate controller i bought years ago from a local who gave up growing.. figure all this will be needed to run through summer this season. I may take the fall off if the virus calms down and vaccinations are more widely administered. I want to run back out west to MT, WY, UT, CO and possibly more while i'm still able.. camping and fly fishing... maybe take in a canna event somewhere.

I have never been so excited to run a particular strain before, just look at this beauty.

View attachment 1277542

Guerilla Fume' potted up to 3 gallon nursery pots, hoping for 50% or better on the lady's. If by chance i should exceed that i think i'll pollinate one..

The lady's will flower in 7 or 10 gallon felt pots and trained for a full canopy...

GuerillaFumeJan21.jpg

Back