Lighting Growage Life with GC

Cant catch much of a break in my production the past year..

The above plants that i started back in May, most got ripped and i caught them coming back for the last two. They were met by me and my dog.. who gave good chase into the 65 acres of woods that connects to my property. I knew one of the two, and caught him walking the neighborhood.. we now have a very serious understanding. I'm a distant friend of his fathers..

Those two plants left were taken yesterday and hanging in garage.

Today Tropical storm Isaias came through with high winds and rain, toppling weaker trees in neighborhood and i had many branches down. One large one took out 5 plants i started after the above incident.

Too late to start a few more outdoor auto's?

I was planning on starting up the Growage in mid Sept, perhaps i should start sooner but it's been another awful warm summer here in SE Pa..

Hope all are well and staying safe..

Hello all, it's time to fire up the Growage. Hoping all are well and safe in this country, it's been a hell of a year and it's not over yet!

I was able to get in on the last Mephisto drop, scored some Double Grape and Mango Smile. I also did a few trades with a few members here and finally aquired a few RocBud beans.. i havent been able to score anything in their drops. So, i dropped 4x Double Grape and 2x RocBud mystery auto's. I got 100% germination yesterday am so i'm off to a good start.

This will be my third run of DG, and always a jar that gets reached for in the evening or a rainy dreary day sitting around the house. I dont dare touch that jar during the day when i need to get shit done.. :) I'm told RocBud's genetics are all fire, hoping for a nice hybrid that i may be able to identify with help here. These will be done just in time for the holidays, which is when i typically time my first indoor harvests.

After that run, GC will be stepping up. I made a purchase of some quality photoperiod genetics that i'v drooled over for years, will start cloning and looking for my first keeper. That's most likely going to involve running year round as i dont know any other local growers to share/backup keeper pheno's with. Well i do know of one guy, but he's proven to not keep his word in the past...

Want a hint on what i bought? Look at Lucky Dog Genetics, i'm a big fan of the Chemdog story and of SkunkVA in particular.

I'll share some photo's once there's something to actually look at.. ;)

I Have told the guys at Mephisto over and over to keep the Dgrape as a regular product on the list. I’d do just about anything for a bag of them.

Yeah, BigSmo.. the DG is a fav for me. Insomnia, back/muscular pain, stomach issues.. all treatable with this strain. PM'd you.. take me up on it!

OK, Day 10 for the lil ladies. They may be a lil small for the age as they may have gotten a bit warm and dry while i was gone for 5 days camping. Had someone look in on them once but just learning the basics from me at this point. I'll start feeding with Mega Crop soon.

DGRBDay10.jpg

DGRBDay102.jpg

Relaxing in the Pa State Forests..
20200926_165048.jpg

Day 17, starting to take off.

Day17DGRB1.jpg

Day17DG.jpg

Ordered 2x charcoal filters, 2x Hortilux HPS bulbs (for the colder parts of winter) and a few boxes of new ducting. Looks like my Blulab Ph pen may have survived the summer off, think i'll order a cheap backup along with an EC pen as well.

Hope all are well..

Day 24.. moved to tent a few days back under Autocobs roughly 24" above canopy at current.

Group shot showing the 2x RocBud mystery beans at left, 4x Double Grape at center and right. The two at right seem to be lagging behind or may just be a short pheno. In my prior two runs of this strain i seem to remember the taller plants being the frostiest at harvest.

Oct13group.jpg

The RocBud's..

Oct13RBmix.jpg

The Mephisto Double Grape..

Oct13DG.jpg

Looking fwd to having DG stash available to reach for in the evenings again. Soon i'll be starting a photoperiod run... and i'm so looking fwd to it. :)

Day 36... their pretty much done with their stretch and transitioning nicely now.

Group shot.. RocBud mix are the tallest at left rear and front center.
20201026_133004.jpg

The RocBuds..
Oct26ROCmix1.jpg

Oct26ROCmix2.jpg

And the Double Grape's..
Oct26DG1.jpg

Oct26DG4.jpg

oCT26dg23.jpg

The above will be my holiday harvest.. need it as i'm buying for the first time in 6 years or so...

This weekend i worked in Growage doing this season's improvements, finished the insulation, now it's fully insulated. Moved my seedling cabinet to opposite end than tents, this seems to have helped even out temps at each end. Moved other things around to make it more comfortable to work within, i need to find a 4' wide exterior door as this old one is drafty.

Smaller 3x3 tent is almost done with cleaning and setup. This one will run MH/HPS vs the Autocob's above. For this tent i dropped 5 more beans tonight, two more and my last RocBud mystery auto's, two Night Owl Zamaldelica Express, and a single Mephisto CDLCx3BOG x Sour Stomper freebie i got in last order.

Next up will be photo's, Lucky Dog Guerilla Fume' which i cant wait to try. :happydance:

Hope all are healthy and safe..

Day 46ish.. found this when feeding. Did some reading and i believe this is Magnesium deficiency, and the common fix is add some Cal-Mag in with the MegaCrop? Anyone better than i able to confirm my uneducated diagnosis and fix?

Double Grape in Root's Original.
Ph6.5
Canopy temp 75*F
45% humidity
Mega Crop at 3g per gallon, recently started adding "Kool Bloom" pk booster at .75 then 1g per gallon.
Feeding every other evening

Only one plant showing issue of 4x Double Grape and 2x RocBud mystery mix.

Magdef1.jpg

MagDef2.jpg

Appreciate any input.. thanks, been pretty happy with this grow so far.

. It might be Mg, a whole plant pic would help. I think we all need to get away from using Cal/Mag as the extra calcium can be a source of trouble and is not needed 80% of the time. I use Epsom salts most of the time now when I feel it's needed.

I can get a whole plant pic tonight pop.. the affected leaves are lower's as described within the Mag deficiency charts i found.

OK, about to read up on Epsom, in your experience how much would you add per gallon to start off with? And would you feed that plant epsom alone or add to all?

Appreciate ya dude..

Back