Dutch Passion Grow report 30x Dutch Passion's Orange Hill Special (Fem)

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

First of all I want to wish everyone a happy new year with plenty of leaning cola's! During the holiday's most people want to spend a lot of time on a couch waiting for dinner. Same goes for me but I did actually manage to get some things done. For instance starting off my first grow of Dutch Passion's Orange Hill Special (OHS). This should prove to be a fun and informative grow because I'm starting with 30 OHS feminized seeds. I will taking a few clones of each before transplanting them to the final grow room. The search for the holy grail pheno has begun... (drum roll please?).
During the holidays I managed to germinate the seeds and got 30 for 30! Go Dutch Passion!!! I put the seeds in a small bowl of tepid water with a tiny drop of 2 root stimulators namely Bio Nova's Roots II and Aptus Start Booster plus a drop of Aptus Enzyme's. I let the seeds soak for merely 8 hours and the first tap roots started to reveal themselves! Then I carefully planted the seeds in 7cm square pots filled with pre soaked coco. The coco had been prepared beforehand with a little mycorrhiza, trichoderma, beneficial bacteria, enzymes, and a light solution of the 2 aforementioned root stimulators. I let the pots, filled with the coco preparation, stand in my heated propagator for 2 days at 24 degrees C before planting the seeds just to wake up the dormant fungi and bacteria. This has been my standard way of germinating the seeds for years now and with good 'n fresh seed stock like Dutch Passion's I generally get a 100% success rate as I did this time. Yes folk's, we're 30 for 30 now. Cheers Dutch Passion!!!
I must apologize for not having any pics of my endeavors until now. My camera was misplaced until this morning. As I mentioned I have the 30 seedlings in my special mix of coco growing nicely. I've got them under a pair of 55W fluorescent tubes. One 9500K and one 6400K. A small fan blowing a nice gentle breeze over them to reduce the almost inevitable stretching. Stretching seedlings are a minor problem in coco because they can fall over easily due to the loose structure of coco. The lights are timed for 20/4 and the heated propagator is set for 24C measured in between the pots. In the meantime I try not to let the coco dry out on top. A gentle spraying of water mist every now and then helps to achieve this.
As we are working with feminized seed stock I will be monitoring the environmental factors closely as to not induce males or hermie's. A stress free zone has been implemented! ;-)

Well then, I'll be taking pics along the way and I will do my best to keep y'all informed as much as my limited time allows. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! :cool:
IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0018.jpg

PS I'm fairly new to posting on a forum so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong okay...? hihi!

30 Orange Hill Special, damn man you defo like your ladies ginger.. :)
Are you planning on developing a strain of your own? Best of orange Karma your way man. Subbed

30?! I can only imagine...!

I can only imagine what this room will smell like when there in bloom, all the best with the grow bro.

That is a nice tiny forest, you will loose yourself in it later on :)

Yeah, I can't wait either! Looking forward to getting lost in this forest and hopefully afterwards too

Hey sour.b, I've fiddled around with creating new strains in the past. I just ordered 10 regular OHS seeds in the hope of finding an early and orange smelling male and a good female pheno. So who knows what the future has in store... But for now, my grow room is supposed to remain pollen free! Fingers crossed!

Hi Ken,

Great to see your diary and we look forward to seeing how it goes. Best of luck from us.

Hey thanks Tony! The baby girls are doing fine. Nice 'n uniform as of yet. Growing their 2nd pair of real leaves already.
Don't change that dial folks and stay tuned!

Well guys, we're at the end of day 7 and all's well. I just made a few pics to share with y'all. I might even have a special guest in the group. There might be a triploid amongst the girls. Not that it makes me a happy camper though, because to raise a triploid I'd want to have a separate room. You never know what they might do. The can go rogue in a heartbeat. I think that naturally occurring triploid plants are very rare. But having used feminine seeds a few times now I seem to get them now and then. I think it has to do with colloidal silver which is often used to induce self pollination. I jokingly call this "The Deliverance Syndrome". I had a tetraploid last year and raised it outside. It didn't hermie on me but it was a completely different phenotype than the other plants. It smelled like a conifer covered in cat urine. Seriously... Long story short: absolutely no buzz after a smoke. The reason I kept it was due to popular legend. "They could end up being super strong". Supposedly 3- or 4-fold if you're lucky enough to carry them through to the end. The next few days will reveal what's going on here. The seedling in question only has 2 cotylodons indicating diploid. But then... Anyway, have a look at the first pic. The other pics are for demonstrative purposes only!
Have a good'un peeps!

My triploid (?)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420484975117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420484975117.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 163
Back