Mephisto Genetics Grape Crinkle....bring it on!

Day 50 is upon her! My cabinet is just splitting at the seams with Grape Crinkle goodness. To say she is really frosty is a massive understatement. Even now this early she has the heaviest trichrome coverage of any plant I have ever grown. One thing to note in this report is her smell. Any citrus/lemon type scent I was getting last week is gone and she has taken on a very strange meaty type smell. I'm talking like if you take a package of hamburger meat and set it on the kitchen counter type meaty smell....very unique. I have been running her PH a little higher than normal this grow. Been at least 6.0. Once the grow is done I will review my spread sheet with my daily data and run an average. Sorry for the crappy picture. It's the best I can get till she is out of the cabinet again.

View attachment 583303
excellent growing dude seems you and dwc are made for each other if they get any bigger your going to have to at least double your growing space and take a well deserved :slap: for a beast of a plant :pass:

I think today marks Day 53. She is pulling up 2 gallons of solution per day! I am adding back 1 gallon every 12 hours. Thinking now maybe she will finish a little sooner than what I thought at first. To say she is sticky is a huge understatement and she has trichromes in places I have never seen on a plant. I think I will look into how to make hash with the trim being there is going to be a lot of it and it is going to be dripping with sticky goodness. I am trimming off as many of the large old fan leaves as I can reach. I need to open up the canopy the best I can for light penetration and for air circulation.

Grape_day53.jpg

WOW....time flies when you are having fun! Today is Day 57. I needed to get a good look at her top to see where we are with bud development. I am glad I did. I think she is a little further ahead than I thought she was. Her trichromes are almost 100% cloudy. As soon as she starts showing me a good number of amber tri's I will start her flush. I am thinking by the end of the week. While out of the cabinet I finished removing nearly all of her fan leaves. The very top of the main cola is bleached badly as it is just a few inches(100mm) right under one of the Cree cxb3590 COB's which I am running at 100%. One thing I noticed is the difference between the two sides of the plant. One side is predominately under the MarsHydro 300w old model (170w version) and the other side of the plant is under my 100w Cree cxb3590 DIY fixture. While the volume between the two sides seems to be the same without question the side under the Mars fixture is much more dense. I wonder if it's just a matter of the Mars putting out 70w more or if it's light spectrum related. My DIY Cree fixture is right at 100 watts on my watt meter. I turned her around when I put her back in the cabinet. Over the last week she has wanted slightly less and less nutes. I did a bucket change and she is running 700PPM. She is so so sticky and dripping with trichromes......Mephisto Genetics is the best!

Grape_day57.jpg
Grape2_day67.jpg

WOW....time flies when you are having fun! Today is Day 57. I needed to get a good look at her top to see where we are with bud development. I am glad I did. I think she is a little further ahead than I thought she was. Her trichromes are almost 100% cloudy. As soon as she starts showing me a good number of amber tri's I will start her flush. I am thinking by the end of the week. While out of the cabinet I finished removing nearly all of her fan leaves. The very top of the main cola is bleached badly as it is just a few inches(100mm) right under one of the Cree cxb3590 COB's which I am running at 100%. One thing I noticed is the difference between the two sides of the plant. One side is predominately under the MarsHydro 300w old model (170w version) and the other side of the plant is under my 100w Cree cxb3590 DIY fixture. While the volume between the two sides seems to be the same without question the side under the Mars fixture is much more dense. I wonder if it's just a matter of the Mars putting out 70w more or if it's light spectrum related. My DIY Cree fixture is right at 100 watts on my watt meter. I turned her around when I put her back in the cabinet. Over the last week she has wanted slightly less and less nutes. I did a bucket change and she is running 700PPM. She is so so sticky and dripping with trichromes......Mephisto Genetics is the best!

View attachment 586994 View attachment 586995
Nice

marywanther

Your at it again bro fantastic girl,another bom/nom coming your way i think :clapper:

Have this aswell :slap:

Thanks! After having grown a number of Mephisto girls in soil I have got to say they are a whole different animal in hydro! My plan is to run my last Deep Blue C in the bubble bucket and see how she does. As for the Grape Crinkle as she stands now she should be a good 7oz dry I think. When I was looking her over the other day out of the cabinet I can tell that if she had more light and more room to spread her legs and was not so crowded I could have seen her go 10oz I think. I did replace the MarsHydro driver on my DIY Cree fixture with a Meanwell so I have plenty of power left in the driver for 2 more Cree cxb3590's so for the next round I just need the floor space. Here is a top shot on day 59!
Grape_day59.jpg

My plan is to run my last Deep Blue C in the bubble bucket and see how she does.

I can't remember who it was, but somebody else on the forum grew DBC in a "water farm" set up and as I recall, the plant grew about 30" around and about 18" tall. It was pretty amazing.

Back