Grow Mediums Good quality air pump for autopot airdomes

Reaction score
Hi all
My air pump is acting up, i think its not putting out as much air as it should

can anyone recommend me a good quality air pump for use with autopots? the one i have seems cheaply made

thanks!

I have had good luck with long term use of the Hydrofarm brand of air pumps. They have a size for most home users. I have used their four port and eight port with no problems Active Aqua Air Pump, 4 Outlets, 6W, 15 L/min. If you want some real power but a little more white noise than I have also had good luck with their Active Aqua Commercial Air Pump, 6 Outlets, 20W, 45 L/min. Hydrofarm makes sizes from one port to many and I have been lucky with their brand so far. Depends on how much air you wantto push. I will be using the 45 lpm pump on two airdomes cause I really don't think you can overoxygenate your root zone once established. YMMV

Edit: Another note while I use the bigger air pump for my grows the 8 & 4 port pumps are usually oxygenating water, nutes, or teas and gave been running pretty much non-stop for a couple years.

Last edited:
thanks HemiSync - i think they are US only, pity as they look good

anyone UK people that can recommend? thanks!

Was looking through AmazonUK and this brand of pump looks identical to my Hydrofarm pumps. Probably just rebranded for your side of the pond. Hailea ACO-9610 600lph Adjustable Air Pump

Was looking through AmazonUK and this brand of pump looks identical to my Hydrofarm pumps. Probably just rebranded for your side of the pond. Hailea ACO-9610 600lph Adjustable Air Pump
yeah, Hailea is the one i have but this model looks different, maybe ill give it another chance with the newer model :) thanks

yeah, Hailea is the one i have but this model looks different, maybe ill give it another chance with the newer model :) thanks
If you do a google image search of those two you will see several other on Chinese distributor sites that all look alike except for the label. They are probably all made in the same factory. LOL

just something i noticed yesterday.....

currently ive got 1 pot running on the system as the other 3 are finished - i disconnected the other 3 airhoses from my airpump so only 1 connected, i noticed on the remaining pot that there were a lot of bubbles blowing back into the valve section, thus causing the float to bob up and down

now i dont know if that lets more water in but something i will be checking on my pots for next grow if i get a more powerful airpump......

just something i noticed yesterday.....

currently ive got 1 pot running on the system as the other 3 are finished - i disconnected the other 3 airhoses from my airpump so only 1 connected, i noticed on the remaining pot that there were a lot of bubbles blowing back into the valve section, thus causing the float to bob up and down

now i dont know if that lets more water in but something i will be checking on my pots for next grow if i get a more powerful airpump......
How powerful is that thing? Mine is 45 lpm running just two pots and I don't see bubbles in the trays.

I have 2 of the hailea air pumps (4 outlet & 8 outlet), never had any problems with either of them, the bigger of the 2 gets a bit loud when turned up though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How powerful is that thing? Mine is 45 lpm running just two pots and I don't see bubbles in the trays.
im not sure, its a Hailea 4 outlet one - im not sure if it only occurred when i had just one pot on it

Back