Indoor Glueberry OG x2, Night Queen and Pineapple Express with Skyline LEDs

Hey @Equatorial my last PE looked lovely at day 71.....

View attachment 902576

she was a much smaller plant han the one I'm growing at the moment, but those buds were beautiful......

View attachment 902578

View attachment 902577

and as I said before, I cut her down on day 81.

I grow to a kind of home made schedule based around House and Garden nutes.
I use PK 13/14 (Top Booster) around day 50, somewhere in week 8, for 3 days then switch to Top Shooter at 0.5ml/L for 1 week.
then I up the Top Shooter to 1ml/L for the final 2 weeks, taking me to the the middle of week 12 - day 80 ish.

Then it's up to the plants, the smaller ones will need taking down soon afterwards, and the bigger ones will go on another 2-3 weeks.
I'm looking at a few things.
Milky trichomes are universally seen by then, so in theory, harvest can start, but I'm also looking at the effects of the Top Shooter. It lays down flowers on top of the existing flowers, so you'll see immature flowers popping out over mature ones. What was a bud full of orange pistils, suddenly starts popping out white pistils again. I wait till the new flowers stop emerging and see their white pistills change colour before I get the chainsaw out.

I used to use a digital microscope, but I find it easier to take a few macro shots, then zoom in on them to see the trichomes..... you can check a whole bud nice and easy.

I also like my bud a bit ripe, so I do push it.... you wil find it hard to overdo it, the leaves will all fall out, day by day you'll be plucking out crispy or yellow leaves until there's barely any left...... that's your last warning,.... you HAVE to get them down then!

Great great advice. I plan to do that too. Do u have a day 81 pic for that PE?

What if trichs are starting to amber but still lotsa white pistils. Do you still wait?

Any other last warning signs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers @Equatorial. Sorry I don't have a day 81 pic. Those were the last shots I have.
If there's loads of ambers, that would be the main signal, the last few white pistils won't make much difference to the final weigh in, and their trichs should get milky quickly anyway.
You have to judge it really, if you wait too long, you risk getting mould and that will cut into your final yield.
At the moment, my Night Queen is pushing out extra flowers all over. What were once nice bullet shaped colas, are now spiky grenades! Once those new flowers aren't popping out so much and that new growth is slowing down, I'll get twitchy with the clippers. I'll try and get some macro shots to show you, but what I'm seeing is the new flowers pushing through have white pistils, but the bud itself already has all milky trichs. White pistils will brown off very quickly, ones I saw in my last pics have all browned off, so she's really close now.

I'd imagine a final warning sign would be a dramatic drop in the amount they drink.... once they're done building buds and the plant is ripe, I'd expect it to not need as much nutrient and you'd see the effects of that.
I've run plants till pretty much all the large leaves have fallen off.... that's probably as far as they can go I reckon.

cheers @Equatorial. Sorry I don't have a day 81 pic. Those were the last shots I have.
If there's loads of ambers, that would be the main signal, the last few white pistils won't make much difference to the final weigh in, and their trichs should get milky quickly anyway.
You have to judge it really, if you wait too long, you risk getting mould and that will cut into your final yield.
At the moment, my Night Queen is pushing out extra flowers all over. What were once nice bullet shaped colas, are now spiky grenades! Once those new flowers aren't popping out so much and that new growth is slowing down, I'll get twitchy with the clippers. I'll try and get some macro shots to show you, but what I'm seeing is the new flowers pushing through have white pistils, but the bud itself already has all milky trichs. White pistils will brown off very quickly, ones I saw in my last pics have all browned off, so she's really close now.

I'd imagine a final warning sign would be a dramatic drop in the amount they drink.... once they're done building buds and the plant is ripe, I'd expect it to not need as much nutrient and you'd see the effects of that.
I've run plants till pretty much all the large leaves have fallen off.... that's probably as far as they can go I reckon.

Thank you so much! I chopped a PE today and I have not even updated on my own thread. Am gonna post it here as my way of saying thanks. Not that its a big deal though but I hope its the thought that counts? Really appreciate the time and reply!
b661c47baf98ec064776e2590449ad6d.jpg

fb6e5468e84441cbce5531cc817dd033.jpg

7439da15ba222a1e81bbbf36cc39bfd7.jpg

8b19038e16c629e5d8d3fddddb7c6412.jpg

fdeff0b27b22120ff4fe37d64873ad4d.jpg

59e4999f1a105007f305a49654ba8028.jpg

83608cbb21bbedc898eba847b5be03da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an update, I've been so busy with all sorts of shit, and there's all this bud to harvest.
I've given the Pineapple Express a good flush and she's down..... I cropped her on day 81.

She was in a bad way, but she made it to the end. Under all those brown leaves, there was plenty of nice looking bud....
day 78 PE 3.JPG

This is how she looked once I pulled out all the dry leaves.....
day 81 PE 1.JPG

I was surprised how many thick colas she had....
day 81 PE 2.JPG

The scissor hash was lovely, so I'm looking forward to smoking some of this. The long stems are hanging in a cardboard box, and the rest is brown paper bagged and hanging from a sock dryer.

With the impending house inspection next week, I had to start flushing the Glueberry 2 and the Night Queen.

The Night Queen is just immense for an Auto Indica....
day 85 NQ 1.JPG

from above you can see how much girth she has..... roughly 70cm by 85cm.....
day 85 NQ 2.JPG

She was just bursting with big knobbly colas, the Top Shooter really squeezed as much out of her as possible....
day 85 NQ 3.JPG

day 85 NQ 4.JPG

I started chopping her last night, day 85, and I'll finish her tonight.

Tomorrow I'll start chopping the Glueberry 2. Her buds are heavy.... she's opening up with the weight. Leaves are browning off, trichs are milky with some ambers, so she's ready as far as I'm concerned. Here's a close up...
day 85 GB2.JPG

Glueberry 1 is still going on strong.... nice sticky buds, but they have a lot of fattening up to do.
I've not been able to give her my usual Top Shooter cos I'm having trouble getting supplies so far out here in the wilderness, so she's been on basic nutes with the usual other additives, Roots XL, Bud XL, Multizyme and Bud Candy.

I still have no idea what the pH is. I just can't pull my finger out and deal with the defective probe on my Bluelab Guardian. All it takes is a quick test and an email.... it's been weeks now, and I still haven't done it!

Still, she's looking nice and frosty....
day 85 GB1.JPG

Thanks for checking in!

Beautiful grow mate!! Damn I wish I had some of that right now. Bloody Aussie laws means Im out of meds for the next for months, meanwhile have to put up with the constant pain from medical procedures we allow...
Anyway mate - great to see some Aussies kicking some auto ass!!

Time for an update, I've been so busy with all sorts of shit, and there's all this bud to harvest.
I've given the Pineapple Express a good flush and she's down..... I cropped her on day 81.

She was in a bad way, but she made it to the end. Under all those brown leaves, there was plenty of nice looking bud....
View attachment 907717

This is how she looked once I pulled out all the dry leaves.....
View attachment 907718

I was surprised how many thick colas she had....
View attachment 907719

The scissor hash was lovely, so I'm looking forward to smoking some of this. The long stems are hanging in a cardboard box, and the rest is brown paper bagged and hanging from a sock dryer.

With the impending house inspection next week, I had to start flushing the Glueberry 2 and the Night Queen.

The Night Queen is just immense for an Auto Indica....
View attachment 907723

from above you can see how much girth she has..... roughly 70cm by 85cm.....
View attachment 907724

She was just bursting with big knobbly colas, the Top Shooter really squeezed as much out of her as possible....
View attachment 907725

View attachment 907726

I started chopping her last night, day 85, and I'll finish her tonight.

Tomorrow I'll start chopping the Glueberry 2. Her buds are heavy.... she's opening up with the weight. Leaves are browning off, trichs are milky with some ambers, so she's ready as far as I'm concerned. Here's a close up...
View attachment 907728

Glueberry 1 is still going on strong.... nice sticky buds, but they have a lot of fattening up to do.
I've not been able to give her my usual Top Shooter cos I'm having trouble getting supplies so far out here in the wilderness, so she's been on basic nutes with the usual other additives, Roots XL, Bud XL, Multizyme and Bud Candy.

I still have no idea what the pH is. I just can't pull my finger out and deal with the defective probe on my Bluelab Guardian. All it takes is a quick test and an email.... it's been weeks now, and I still haven't done it!

Still, she's looking nice and frosty....
View attachment 907727

Thanks for checking in!
very nice bro. :bighug::pass:

Back