Indoor Getting Back To My Mostly Organic Affair

Did some gentle defoliation on the Northern Lights, only took off four leaves total, and continued with leaf tucking to help expose the lower bud sites and get more light to the plant core. Air flow is excellent with my custom two tiered fan apparatus. It's gettin' jungly in there!
IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Last edited:
This is pasted to my own thread, but from a journal belonging to @Only1Sky and @MarshydroTina already should be following here from her previous comment:

I guess its good that we are discussing this right now @Only1Sky because I have been thinking a lot about a device a person could purchase that has a large reservoir to hold up to maybe ten or twenty gallons of water, so a person could leave for a few days on vacation without spending thousands on a professional level humidifier. Make it with multiple outlets so the humidity is being spread out nicely, maybe even more than one nebulizer device as they barely use any energy. Also could incorporate into it a multi outlet strip with USB and whatnot for all the goodies to plug into at one central location. If I can get @MarshydroTina on-board to share the revenue with me I will totally let them put their name on it. But I get to actually name the device ha ha. I have more ideas as well that could actually help keep packaging simple and reduce styrofoam and other nonsense garbage that always seems to go overlooked, tiny differences like that can trickle down through people and make a big difference in the end. Plus, it would be a VERY versatile product with upgradeable features down the road and light hanging capabilities so your tent can just handle the weight of a fan and carbon filter. Anyway, thanks for helping me brainstorm about my ideas with your troubles!

So, I took my oldest daughter steelhead fishing in the rain on Sunday, that's my church. Anyhow, we didn't catch anything, but that never matters one bit because we had FUN and I had someone amazing who I LOVE very much right next to me all day! We got our licenses, the cashier asked how long I have lived here (part of the licensing process) and I proudly said my whole life, and I got no plans on going anywhere!!! Not ten minutes later we were on the water and saw the state animal almost close enough to touch. I stalked it slowly for a hundred yards upriver and took several pics until she gave me the proverbial shower only a beaver can! We also cleaned up a bunch of garbage on our journey through the woods to the parking spot. And in light of the world around us I think it's really good to have people's back and help out if they aren't getting paid. And apply that moral to everything else you do in life. It's that simple. Enjoy some fun pics while you are here. Weed is love!

IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0672.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0682.jpg
IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_0685.jpg

I got a new home over the last couple months and my own personal stash has dried up as a result of having moved and not been growing. Luckily, I help medical folks grow, harvest, trim, etc. and have a nice little stock of buds to keep me cruising by until winter releases her grip and we can get back to growing outdoor photo monsters! In the meantime, here is my take on keeping things clean, simple, and creative/innovative to give anyone a step ahead in the world of growing cannabis. I was going to build a grow room in my garage to really help control the environment, but that would defeat my goal of simplicity. So, I built a deck out of scrap lumber and plywood to keep my setup off of the cold concrete floor and have been improvising since and believe I have now found some harmony without the need for extravagance.

My basic setup is this:

3'x3'x6' tent (90cmx90cmx180cm)
(1) Viparspectra Reflector 600 LED, 276W actual draw. 18/6 schedule.
(2) Mars Hydro 300W older style (full spectrum always) 126W actual draw. 18/6 schedule.
4" Hurricane exhaust fan mounted externally on a shelf to take weight off tent, plus carbon filter inside of course.
Remote temp and humidity monitoring station, I have probes in two locations and can add a third if wanted/needed.
Open intake flap with Canfilter foam cut to size and duct taped on to help keep the dust out.
Vivosun oscillating fan in a custom contraption for the lower canopy and down on the stems, another small oscillating fan for the upper canopy. Can add more if needed.
(3) 7gal "tall" black plastic horticultural pots.
(1) 3gal Bloem planter
KIS Organics Water Only soil just how it came out of the bag. I did use Mykos in the planting holes, but otherwise soil is non-amended and has not been grown in yet.

I am using a 750/1500W heater to keep my garage at about 65F, but it is on the 750 setting and all the way down at about 15-20% power, so I am guessing she is drawing around 100-150W maybe all day long, it's about like having a second light, yes, but once flowering starts I will only run it when the lights go off to keep ambient up slightly. So my garage is at 65F, but inside tent temps fluctuate between 78-81F with lights on and the exhaust running full time. 67-71F with the lights off and exhaust still running. The heater is on the right side of the tent with the intake flap sealed shut, so just radiant heat, its not really being drawn in by the exhaust per se. On the left side of the tent I have a Vick's Warm Air humidifier running in front of the open intake flap to help keep my RH just right. I was keeping it up close to 60%, but got reading about VPD and found that 45% is much better during early veg growth, so I just moved the humidifier slightly further away until my monitor shows 45% at the plant canopy level.

For genetics I have quite a few to choose from, so I grabbed randomly from the goody bag and rolled with what came out. (2) Royal Queen Northern Lights Auto's are each in one of the 7gal pots. One may need culling as it came out with a broken off cotyledon, but is still growing very slowly, hopefully she is just rooting like crazy. The other random grab pulled a 3 pack of Autoseeds Hijack. I have never seen seeds germinate so fast in my life, these are very fresh and very high quality genetics. All three were cracked in under 6 hours, I will post my method after my intro post is concluded. Anyhow, one of those seeds is in the 3gal Bloem pot, the other two are sharing the final 7gal. If the NL gets culled I will put something else in it's place as the Hijacks have been rooting for two days before popping the soil yesterday and will not be transplantable. All three came up within a 10 minute span. Talk about uniformity!

Other than what's mentioned above, my only inputs are filtered and dechlorinated/oxygenated tap water, daily through vegetive I will be foliar feeding a 0-4-0 crab and shrimp shell meal, and once pre-flowers show I will also foliar feed with a kelp bloom enhancer about twice per week. I am hoping to just let the Hijacks grow mostly naturally with just some leaf tucking, though the shared pot may need a little LST to keep them out of each other's arm space. The NL's might need a topping to keep their canopy height even with the shorter Hijacks, or maybe some supercropping depending on space.

Well, I think that's about it for now, ask away if you have any questions.
man with a plan!
And this is my first water only grow, so I have nothing to compare to.
new, yeah!
Two Hijacks in one 7gal pot, 4 days above ground. Just curious how two plants will grow knowing they must share their space.
View attachment 985206

One Hijack in 3gal pot. 4 days above ground. A little smaller than the previous two, but had shell stuck on for a day before I finally took it off.
View attachment 985207

And an RQS Northern Lights that is 7 days above ground, it is also in a 7gal pot. Looks to be a tiny bit wind burned, my lower fan might be too much for little plants, so I am going to install the upper fan in a few and get some air blowing from a bit further away.The lower fan can come back on once they are a bit bigger and some undergrowth has been cleaned out once they are flowering.
View attachment 985219

I have one more empty 7gal pot that had a severely stunted RQS NL in it, but got tossed today. Two seeds might share that same pot as well, one each of RQS Sweet Skunk and Diesel were soaked and germed exactly as I outlined above, and again I had cracked shells at 6 hours, so they got popped into Rapid Rooter plugs and will be in soil once they show their heads.
2 in 1, me curious too
View attachment 989969
Two Hijacks, 15 days old, look speckled but it's foliar spray residue, the other is a RQS Girl Scout Cookies. I will pull the Hijack's away from the other plant to give it some space once they start to bush out a bit more.

View attachment 989970
Northern Lights showing pistils today, day 18. Hopefully another week or so before she blows up.
pistils D18!:greenthumb:
Sweet Skunk popped up this morning, Diesel appears to be stirring but not up yet. It's been three hours though, so who knows what has happened since I first checked. Having zero difficulty maintaining temp and humidity at 75F and 62%. My little heater is set down at about 100 watts, so I don't feel too guilty about running it, especially with one of my actual lights turned off that draws more than that. Once I have all three lights going the heater will only be set to kick on when the lights go off, to help maintain temp in the dark.
I'ma skunk fan, haven't seen RQ's in action yet

@trailanimal Thank you, they are all pretty happy, couple of yellowing lowers on the Hijacks and they are starting to cloud a bit, but still have some time to grow. I have been smoking some J1 dip sticks lately, since my stash dried up at home, they are Jack Herer Skunk 1 with rosin oil and kief, lets just say I have been putting my thinker to work on overdrive. The brights stars analogy is a good one. I have always loved taking pictures of the night sky and like silhouette trees in front of the moon. My friends never got it, but you obviously do! Anyway, this is a lot of fun for me and I appreciate you all taking the time to enjoy it as well.

And thanks @archie gemmill if everyone followed some ethos for the earth like that, even if they can't get along with each other, then maybe it wouldn't fall apart as fast. At least that's a step in the right direction I think.

Back