Mephisto Genetics Fugue State, Forum Stomper, Forgotten Cookies, Orange Diesel, Strawberry Nuggets

I agree about DG not having a high terp profile. I'm sitting here with my DG jar of sticky, dense, nugs, but the smell is like a faint soured berry smell. Kind of an acidic smell. I could see how a user says it smells like wine (and wine is grape). I should have dry trimmed, though, for better terp

+1 on the low DG terp profile, my Cosmic Queen absolutely REEKS in comparison.
Yes, I have had some very loud smelling Mephisto Strains. DG is not one of them. However, I absolutely love it. I am an extract fiend. High Terps is not my concern. I had a 4am that was super Stanky. But the Rosin making was not good at all. High Terps thin it out too much. Some Strains are not meant for extracts.

How does Forum Stomper smell? I just sewed two of these babies alongside Chemdogging (an absolute fuely reeker)
Not sure, but there are many other factors for good Rosin making. Strains matter, some just don't press well. And some high terpene strains will press well. More often than not super high Terpene strains are not worth making into Rosin. CDLC is an absolute stunning plant that is strong on the nose. It just doesn't press well, but is amazing smoke or vape.

Not sure, but there are many other factors for good Rosin making. Strains matter, some just don't press well. And some high terpene strains will press well. More often than not super high Terpene strains are not worth making into Rosin. CDLC is an absolute stunning plant that is strong on the nose. It just doesn't press well, but is amazing smoke or vape.

If you make bubble hash and then press that, maybe things work out for the rosin. But an extra step involved. But like I said there is much less pressing involved with hash material compared to flower. So it could be ok to make hash then press.

If you make bubble hash and then press that, maybe things work out for the rosin. But an extra step involved. But like I said there is much less pressing involved with hash material compared to flower. So it could be ok to make hash then press.
I agree if you are making hash out of Trim. But if a strain doesn't press well, it isn't worth wasting the time, effort or material. Trust me, some strains won't press well. No matter what. You will waste so much trying to squish something and it won't happen. But it could be really good smoked/Vaped. Making hash out of buds and then pressing it is a huge waste of material IMO. Making hash out of Trim and pressing makes sense if you want to make Rosin out of the trim.

Well thank you for this.. although I didn't ask about pressing it. I saw one user say it smells like mint. I have had GSC Thin Mint. It would be lovely if FS carried this heritage

Well thank you for this.. but I didn't query into pressing or rosin, just what it smells like.
Smell on the Cookies is amazing. It smells sweet, hints of sour fruit, a little minty, but the overiding smell is fresh baked brownies or cake. I made some live hash with it, and the mint comes through really strong, hints of aniseed too.

Smell on the Cookies is amazing. It smells sweet, hints of sour fruit, a little minty, but the overiding smell is fresh baked brownies or cake. I made some live hash with it, and the mint comes through really strong, hints of aniseed too.
We must have had the same pheno. Perfect description, very minty exhale.
Great growing as always. :d5:

Back