besides a nutrient burning problem the root thing isnt that much of a problem as long as there is no standing water. ( i dont grow hydro but as long as they grow theirself this way and there is no standing water it should be fine )
I was talking to Advanced nuitrients on the phone the other day and the guy on the phone suggested that I had been underfeeding all this time. I have been using 1/4 to 1/2 of the recomeneded nuitrient strength on the bottles. And I have been checking the ppm to make sure it was dropping and not raising. I have recently Today just made the change for 550PPM from 450/500 2 days ago on the flower nuits. Week before that I was at 350/400. Anyway I would love more tips and advice on my setup and grow :)

I was talking to Advanced nuitrients on the phone the other day and the guy on the phone suggested that I had been underfeeding all this time. I have been using 1/4 to 1/2 of the recomeneded nuitrient strength on the bottles. And I have been checking the ppm to make sure it was dropping and not raising. I have recently Today just made the change for 550PPM from 450/500 2 days ago on the flower nuits. Week before that I was at 350/400. Anyway I would love more tips and advice on my setup and grow :)

did u only talk to him over phone without showing him ur plants?

did u only talk to him over phone without showing him ur plants?
I did show him about 10 pictures, he also told me the internodes were too close which was a way he could see that the plant was not getting enough nuits. He recommended to UP the nuits and don't look too much on the PPM meter because of some of the salts/minerals in the nuits were not detected by a EC/PPM meter.

Yea they are not detected. U better watch your ppm and EC meter and make sure to change your water no less than 14 days each time. Salt buildup will kill your plants brother . watch the meter and keep the water changed the salt is in your nutes and your meter won't read it that is correct but that's no reason not to watch your meter.
2365b0c1b71537420544189ff8ad08a6.jpg

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Haha I keep changing the resorvair atleast twice a week due to some fuck up I manage to do. In the start I usualy PHed down too much so it was easier to change out the entire resorvair, Or I managed to burn them and had to flush. Now I don't fuck up the PH that often anymore and its not fluxiating as much as it used too. But the plants are drinking way more than before. :smoker1:

I did show him about 10 pictures, he also told me the internodes were too close which was a way he could see that the plant was not getting enough nuits. He recommended to UP the nuits and don't look too much on the PPM meter because of some of the salts/minerals in the nuits were not detected by a EC/PPM meter.

well i dont know why close internodes are a bad thing.

Also not keeping an eye on the ppm seems a bit silly to me because i have to know what ppm i had when watering the plants.

Yea they are not detected. U better watch your ppm and EC meter and make sure to change your water no less than 14 days each time. Salt buildup will kill your plants brother . watch the meter and keep the water changed the salt is in your nutes and your meter won't read it that is correct but that's no reason not to watch your meter.
2365b0c1b71537420544189ff8ad08a6.jpg

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

If i had to decide between EC and PPM i would never ever again use EC values. Only ppm because depending on where your EC meter was produced it depends which ppm value gets linked to 1.0 EC.

For example:

US EC 1.0 = 500ppm
Europe EC 1.0 = 700ppm
Australia EC 1.0 = 640ppm

well i dont know why close internodes are a bad thing.

Also not keeping an eye on the ppm seems a bit silly to me because i have to know what ppm i had when watering the plants.

If i had to decide between EC and PPM i would never ever again use EC values. Only ppm because depending on where your EC meter was produced it depends which ppm value gets linked to 1.0 EC.

For example:

US EC 1.0 = 500ppm
Europe EC 1.0 = 700ppm
Australia EC 1.0 = 640ppm

I don't understand why I burn my plants when my ppm has never been higher than 550PPM. When I look at other feeding schedules I seem to be underfeeding..

I don't understand why I burn my plants when my ppm has never been higher than 550PPM. When I look at other feeding schedules I seem to be underfeeding..

one of the first things i learned is, never use their schedule for strict. better read your plants and adjust what they need. Also whats most important on hydro is that your PH is correct ( i think something bewteen 5.7 and 6.3 ?! not sure about this ). If the PH is wrong you can give them as much nutrients as you want but they are not available for the plant.

one of the first things i learned is, never use their schedule for strict. better read your plants and adjust what they need. Also whats most important on hydro is that your PH is correct ( i think something bewteen 5.7 and 6.3 ?! not sure about this ). If the PH is wrong you can give them as much nutrients as you want but they are not available for the plant.

PH is usualy 5,5-6,5 depending if im gone all day or not. If I am home all day watching them I try to keep it around 5,7-6,3. If I leave in the morning and come back late evening. I usualy PH it down to 5,5 from whatever it is at. Then usualy when I am home it is around 6,3-6,5. I don't think PH is the biggest issue. I think I read somewhere 5,7-6 for Flowering and 6- 6,3 for bloom. But my tought is as long as I am within 5,7-6,3 I am in the perfect zone. And 5,5 - 6,5 is the limit to keep within

Last edited:
Hey bro

You can burn your plants from pH swings like yours. You need to up your feed level until your water level falls, your ppm falls and your pH barely rises. That is just slightly hungry and is safer than running full out.

What is the pH of your background water?

Back