New Grower First time grower here, be gentle :D Night Owl (Royal Stomper+Foxy Purp)

:d5: It's going to be a jungle up in here! :greenthumb::pass:

Hi @Iriee Vibez :bighug: Long time no see, but I've been gone, (security issues). :pass:

Hey Need, great to see you back at it! Glad you got the issues worked out. I am now journaling in the organic growing section. Yup, switched from DWC and loving it. Come over and check me out sometime. You have a journal going? Cheers, brother! :pass:

Hello everyone here is a quick update on day 28. The canopy is now showing a lot more flowering characteristics. Can not be prouder of how these ladies are coming along. Hopefully I'm doing the breeder justice :). As someone mentioned earlier SCROG would be pretty cool, but still too scary too attempt on my first grow.
QSEOwlg.jpg

on another note, do you guys think taking some leaves off is good or leave them be?
You'll here a lot of different answers on that question. Personally, I would, especially lower leaves that try to block upper bud sites. You can also ponytail the top ones that are blocking other bud sites. (In case your not aware, ponytailing is taking a thin wire ... like a bread tie ... and twist around the bunched or rolled up leaf). Plus, I always defoliant the lower 1/3 of the plant ... usually after she first starts showing pistils. :pass:

You'll here a lot of different answers on that question. Personally, I would, especially lower leaves that try to block upper bud sites. You can also ponytail the top ones that are blocking other bud sites. (In case your not aware, ponytailing is taking a thin wire ... like a bread tie ... and twist around the bunched or rolled up leaf). Plus, I always defoliant the lower 1/3 of the plant ... usually after she first starts showing pistils. :pass:
What about the one or two really weak looking branches on the bottom that got out competed. Do you take those off as well? thanks

What about the one or two really weak looking branches on the bottom that got out competed. Do you take those off as well? thanks

I agree with Need about removing the lower fans that are blocking bud sites from direct light. I would wait until the second week of flowering before clipping any spindly limbs. Sometimes they do big things during the first week of flower, which it looks like you are starting now. After week one, you have a pretty good idea of the limbs that won’t amount to much anyway. Again, as Need said, you will get many answers here. This is just what I would do!

Hello everyone, hope you all had a fun weekend. The grow tent has been doing its usual thing. Fungus gnat are now apparent but, i'm going to assume they are almost impossible to avoid in a home soil grow. My measures against them so far are just putting up sticky traps and sprayed the soil with h2o2 diluted in water. Going to have to feed slightly higher dose of foxfarm big bloom which contains different types of poop and microbes to balance it out. The bud development are getting noticeable on the foxy purp. Also started to take clones off the bagseed plant (right top corner), so it freed up some space and room to breathe for the rest of ladies.

Day 31
fQkbI1E.jpg

TgMrzEk.jpg

Foxy Purp 1
CfHCA5x.jpg

015SB8V.jpg

Foxy Purp 2
YTgYN35.jpg

J60o4Wn.jpg

Royal Stomper 1
ffIKPe8.jpg

Royal Stomper 2
MlfU5JZ.jpg

Happy growing everyone. and special shout out to all the commenters who are helping me along the way on my first grow, you guys are awesome.

Last edited:
Back